Aston Villa players in Birmingham nightclub brawl

ryanvilla_1994

Totally, these idiots are the face of the once famous Aston Villa

It's a shame we are being dragged through the dirt not only on and off the pitch but it seems our fans are being dragged down too

Anyone that sees this as MEH or a "storm in a teacup" needs to have a word with themselves

This idea that TOP ATHLETES don't drink is also wrong, I'm off out in a minute with a olympic bronze medal winning athlete, he drank and partied when he was an athlete.

He might have been a gold medal winner if he looked after himself better. :P

It's a shame we are being dragged through the dirt not only on and off the pitch but it seems our fans are being dragged down too

Anyone that sees this as MEH or a "storm in a teacup" needs to have a word with themselves

I'd consider the actions of Terry, Suarez and Barton as dragging their clubs through the mud. Not excusing the three stooge's actions on Broad Street but you need to get some perspective.

agreed, i got pissed up at the darts last night. had about 4 hours sleep did a pretty decent days work. when i was a lot younger i got into some arguments. Herds a young lad, its what they do. the only people making them role models are us.

I assume that you are not a professional athlete earning £10k+ per week and taking the hopes of 1,000's of people into a huge game on Sunday! An extra 1% can make all the difference in a professional football game - our lads lose an extra 1%, I can't imagine VdV was out on the piss on Tuesday night.

These lads are massively privileged and they haven't got a scooby.

20 odd pages on this?! Seriously. It isn't even that big of an incident (well the bit caught on camera anyway).

It's absolutely nothing, ages before a match, no criminal charges and very mild compared to what you normally see on Broad St.

This whole 'taking the hopes of 1000's' rubbish too - it's FOOTBALL! Yes, we all love it, yes it's important in some ways and if it'd been the night before the match maybe I'd have a different view - but I can tell you that I'd be a lot more concerned by a doctor ever drinking - 1% loss in concentration IS actually life and death, or my lawyer not being quite all there if I'd been falsely accused of murder!

Medically speaking I doubt you could tell which players had been drinking on a Monday and which hadn't by a Saturday morning.

Silly, perhaps. Slap on the wrist - public apology to appease the media in light of the whole role-model status but then move on. Fans getting all uppety is ridiculous; it's just cos we're having a sh*t season. I bet none of you complaining have ever had a few drunken nights and done something you regret?!

It's a bit double standards, we're all human. Or are we now removing Paul McGrath from GOD like status at Villa Park because he couldn't really be considered a role-model.

Silly yes. A 'slur', 'disgusting' or 'insulting' it is not.

Drama queen.

This idea that TOP ATHLETES don't drink is also wrong, I'm off out in a minute with a olympic bronze medal winning athlete, he drank and partied when he was an athlete.

:lol:

Drama queen.

North stand lower queen

A player making himself look a bit chavvy for less than a minute does not equal dragging anyone else or the club through the dirt.

'Have a word' :crylaugh:

There appears to be a few drama queens around here. Herd kicked a door. Get a grip.

Hutton was floored by a bouncer. He was being a right cock, thinking he was hard by pushing people around, and the bouncer turned around and smacked him...He wasn't so hard after he hit the floor.

He fights about as well as he tackles

:clap:

Drama queen.

You beat me to it!

agreed, i got pissed up at the darts last night. had about 4 hours sleep did a pretty decent days work. when i was a lot younger i got into some arguments. Herds a young lad, its what they do. the only people making them role models are us.

I assume that you are not a professional athlete earning £10k+ per week and taking the hopes of 1,000's of people into a huge game on Sunday! An extra 1% can make all the difference in a professional football game - our lads lose an extra 1%, I can't imagine VdV was out on the piss on Tuesday night.

These lads are massively privileged and they haven't got a scooby.

20 odd pages on this?! Seriously. It isn't even that big of an incident (well the bit caught on camera anyway).

It's absolutely nothing, ages before a match, no criminal charges and very mild compared to what you normally see on Broad St.

This whole 'taking the hopes of 1000's' rubbish too - it's FOOTBALL! Yes, we all love it, yes it's important in some ways and if it'd been the night before the match maybe I'd have a different view - but I can tell you that I'd be a lot more concerned by a doctor ever drinking - 1% loss in concentration IS actually life and death, or my lawyer not being quite all there if I'd been falsely accused of murder!

Medically speaking I doubt you could tell which players had been drinking on a Monday and which hadn't by a Saturday morning.

Silly, perhaps. Slap on the wrist - public apology to appease the media in light of the whole role-model status but then move on. Fans getting all uppety is ridiculous; it's just cos we're having a sh*t season. I bet none of you complaining have ever had a few drunken nights and done something you regret?!

It's a bit double standards, we're all human. Or are we now removing Paul McGrath from GOD like status at Villa Park because he couldn't really be considered a role-model.

Silly yes. A 'slur', 'disgusting' or 'insulting' it is not.

I do not really care about the role-model thing. I care about our players being, for the most, not good enough and drinking and not taking care of themselves during season does not make them any better. Oh well, I have put my view forward and will leave it at that. I am just a bit sad that some fellow Villa fans seem to be happy with not asking more from the players.

Doubt it, he's still the British Record holder and world junior record holder 20 years later, very few people have jumped higher since that day

Hutton was floored by a bouncer. He was being a right cock, thinking he was hard by pushing people around, and the bouncer turned around and smacked him...He wasn't so hard after he hit the floor.

He fights about as well as he tackles

Any more info? :detect:

It's called professional pride. Some people have it. Others simply don't and see no reason to prepare properly to do their job to the best of their ability.

And that is why the timing of it is actually relevant. 6 days before a match does NOT effect their ability to prepare to do their job properly. Delph isn't even drunk.

I take it you don't drink at all, go to bed at 10pm and ensure you have at least 8 hours sleep every day. You eat three balanced meals a day and ensure your general fitness is high so not to let anything get in the way of you doing the best possible job you can?

It's about context. Everyone would be up in arms if this was a day or two before a game - but it isn't. It doesn't effect their ability to perform at all. And this over-reaction from fans is ridiculous and is what really makes us look embarrassing.

Suarez, Terry, Gerrard amongst others - now that is genuinely doing stuff that brings a good name into disrepute. Having one two many just means they're like 90% of the rest of the population.

The people complaining so passionately on here about how these players have disgraced the club are reacting to a bad season and talking from such a moral highground I doubt they have a right to stand on.

It's called professional pride. Some people have it. Others simply don't and see no reason to prepare properly to do their job to the best of their ability.

And that is why the timing of it is actually relevant. 6 days before a match does NOT effect their ability to prepare to do their job properly. Delph isn't even drunk.

I take it you don't drink at all, go to bed at 10pm and ensure you have at least 8 hours sleep every day. You eat three balanced meals a day and ensure your general fitness is high so not to let anything get in the way of you doing the best possible job you can?

It's about context. Everyone would be up in arms if this was a day or two before a game - but it isn't. It doesn't effect their ability to perform at all. And this over-reaction from fans is ridiculous and is what really makes us look embarrassing.

Suarez, Terry, Gerrard amongst others - now that is genuinely doing stuff that brings a good name into disrepute. Having one two many just means they're like 90% of the rest of the population.

The people complaining so passionately on here about how these players have disgraced the club are reacting to a bad season and talking from such a moral highground I doubt they have a right to stand on.

Sorry. I do my job well and I drank plenty in my youth but I was never in the position to make enough money to retire at 35. If I was, I would hope that I would have the necessary discipline to postpone my end of season celebrations until the season ended. Are we expected to accept second rate behaviour from players representing AVFC just because we're a bit shit in all departments at present.

Â