Aston Villa players in Birmingham nightclub brawl

ryanvilla_1994

That was Hillarous...!

Nice to see the intelligent Herd heavily intoxicated trying to kick a door and missing half a dozen times.

You can tell he plays for Villa.

I cant really see what the others did - the video was not that clear.

This idea that TOP ATHLETES don't drink is also wrong, I'm off out in a minute with a olympic bronze medal winning athlete, he drank and partied when he was an athlete.

He might have been a gold medal winner if he looked after himself better. :P

:lol:

Doubt it, he's still the British Record holder and world junior record holder 20 years later, very few people have jumped higher since that day

I'm pretty sure he meant that as a light hearted, tongue-in-cheek comment...

But that's cool you have a friend that is so accomplished

It's called professional pride. Some people have it. Others simply don't and see no reason to prepare properly to do their job to the best of their ability.

And that is why the timing of it is actually relevant. 6 days before a match does NOT effect their ability to prepare to do their job properly. Delph isn't even drunk.

I take it you don't drink at all, go to bed at 10pm and ensure you have at least 8 hours sleep every day. You eat three balanced meals a day and ensure your general fitness is high so not to let anything get in the way of you doing the best possible job you can?

It's about context. Everyone would be up in arms if this was a day or two before a game - but it isn't. It doesn't effect their ability to perform at all. And this over-reaction from fans is ridiculous and is what really makes us look embarrassing.

Suarez, Terry, Gerrard amongst others - now that is genuinely doing stuff that brings a good name into disrepute. Having one two many just means they're like 90% of the rest of the population.

The people complaining so passionately on here about how these players have disgraced the club are reacting to a bad season and talking from such a moral highground I doubt they have a right to stand on.

Sorry. I do my job well and I drank plenty in my youth but I was never in the position to make enough money to retire at 35. If I was, I would hope that I would have the necessary discipline to postpone my end of season celebrations until the season ended. Are we expected to accept second rate behaviour from players representing AVFC just because we're a bit shit in all departments at present.

And I think this is the crux of the issue. Jealousy. We all feel that they should suffer because we put them on pedestals and they are rewarded handsomely for what really is a pointless skill for humanity. We feel they should be made to live perfect lives because they are lucky/ gifted in others. Maybe if you earn over a set amount you should be banned from drinking at all.

The awards ceremony does seem oddly scheduled, but they were celebrating then because that was when the club held the awards.

I'm not saying they're whiter than white. A fine, an apology is enough. It was silly but it was not a disgrace.

The over-reaction from the fans is just silly really. Only someone who has never got drunk ever, not made any mistakes can really call these guys a disgrace. Would you say the same things to some friends caught in similar circumstances?

I really don't want to add to this thread any more as I've repeatedly made my point. I've got overly irritated at the sanctimonious preaching of our whiter than white supporters... I'm off to kick a door (and I've not even had a drink since New Year!)

What we have on this forum is a mixture of those members of society who have some common decency, principles and morals who think that the behaviour of those Villa players is unacceptable and those members of society with little or no common decency, principles and morals who think the behaviour of those Villa players is acceptable and just a normal thing to do on a night out.

I am glad to say that I fall into the former category.

Worth a poll?

What we have on this forum is a mixture of those members of society who have some common decency, principles and morals who think that the behaviour of those Villa players is unacceptable and those members of society with little or no common decency, principles and morals who think the behaviour of those Villa players is acceptable and just a normal thing to do on a night out.

Worth a poll?

You fall into the category of people who have poor critical thinking ability and a lack of understanding of the human condition more like.

It's called professional pride. Some people have it. Others simply don't and see no reason to prepare properly to do their job to the best of their ability.

And that is why the timing of it is actually relevant. 6 days before a match does NOT effect their ability to prepare to do their job properly. Delph isn't even drunk.

I take it you don't drink at all, go to bed at 10pm and ensure you have at least 8 hours sleep every day. You eat three balanced meals a day and ensure your general fitness is high so not to let anything get in the way of you doing the best possible job you can?

It's about context. Everyone would be up in arms if this was a day or two before a game - but it isn't. It doesn't effect their ability to perform at all. And this over-reaction from fans is ridiculous and is what really makes us look embarrassing.

Suarez, Terry, Gerrard amongst others - now that is genuinely doing stuff that brings a good name into disrepute. Having one two many just means they're like 90% of the rest of the population.

The people complaining so passionately on here about how these players have disgraced the club are reacting to a bad season and talking from such a moral highground I doubt they have a right to stand on.

Sorry. I do my job well and I drank plenty in my youth but I was never in the position to make enough money to retire at 35. If I was, I would hope that I would have the necessary discipline to postpone my end of season celebrations until the season ended. Are we expected to accept second rate behaviour from players representing AVFC just because we're a bit shit in all departments at present.

And I think this is the crux of the issue. Jealousy. We all feel that they should suffer because we put them on pedestals and they are rewarded handsomely for what really is a pointless skill for humanity. We feel they should be made to live perfect lives because they are lucky/ gifted in others. Maybe if you earn over a set amount you should be banned from drinking at all.

The awards ceremony does seem oddly scheduled, but they were celebrating then because that was when the club held the awards.

I'm not saying they're whiter than white. A fine, an apology is enough. It was silly but it was not a disgrace.

The over-reaction from the fans is just silly really. Only someone who has never got drunk ever, not made any mistakes can really call these guys a disgrace. Would you say the same things to some friends caught in similar circumstances?

I really don't want to add to this thread any more as I've repeatedly made my point. I've got overly irritated at the sanctimonious preaching of our whiter than white supporters... I'm off to kick a door (and I've not even had a drink since New Year!)

Total misrepresentation of my position. I couldn't care less if the players went on benders once the season is finished and we are safe from relegation. They are paid well enough however to ensure that they represent the club to the best of their ability at this very critical time. What if Herd twisted a knee or ankle trying to kick that door down and missed the last two games?

If the team weren't so awful, this incident would be laughed at most likely, however bad it makes them look... and it doesn't make them look good.

But with the club teetering at the precipice, antics like this just don't sit well with me, and I'm sure for many others.

It's just more negativity in a season of pure negativity.

Worth a poll?

You fall into the category of people who have poor critical thinking ability and a lack of understanding of the human condition more like.

That is the sort of response that falls into the category of:

'I have nothing meaningful and intelligent to say so I will write something derogatory about someone I know nothing about'.

To be honest, hard grafting, factory workers behave better than this on a night out and generally in life

Hutton involved, why am I not surprised

To be honest, I would not blame any nose for ripping into this guy

What an absolute disgrace he has been to the club

Worth a poll?

'I have nothing meaningful and intelligent to say so I will write something derogatory about someone I know nothing about'.

It was more meaningful and intelligent than you will ever realise which is evident by your reply, so you basically just validated every word I said .... kudos .

Worth a poll?

It was more meaningful and intelligent than you will ever realise which is evident by your reply, so you basically just validated every word I said .... kudos .

Please tell me as I am intrigued to know, how have you, someone who has never met me, conversed with me (other than on this forum) or knows my educational and personal development background concluded that I have poor critical thinking ability?

Worth a poll?

What are you on about ??

Worth a poll?

What are you on about ??

I thought the same so I am trying to find out but I have so far only received some meaningless drivel in response.

To be honest, hard grafting, factory workers behave better than this on a night out and generally in life
It's the money, isn't it? You're pissed off about the privileged lifestyle they enjoy.

It's the money, isn't it? You're pissed off about the privileged lifestyle they enjoy.

Not at all

It's the behaviour

Please tell me as I am intrigued to know, how have you, someone who has never met me, conversed with me (other than on this forum) or knows my educational and personal development background concluded that I have poor critical thinking ability?

Lets see ...first of all you are have the crazy notion that morality is not subjective and falls into the arbritary and limited categories of either good or bad. You then state that the side you have chosen is somehow more respectable than the other whilst disregarding centuries of evidence that show humans to be very flawed in their nature .

It is very strange for anyone on here to show such indignation over something as petty as young, rich, intoxicated males behaving in an overly exuberant manner . Their profession is irrelevant and they have no more reason to behave "properly" than any other human on this planet .

I would wager anything that there are many people on here who are condemning them who have behaved in a similar manner , if not "worse".

Everyone **** up now and again, from Presidents to Popes and nobody is perfect so to claim some sort of moral high ground whilst depicting subjective matters in such black and white terms indicates to me a lack of critical thinking and a failure to comprehend our inherent human condition.

I do not know you or your upbringing and can only go off what you post but to me you give the impression of somebody who reads the sun and listens to talksport . You live in a world where right and wrong are crystal clear ideas and woe betide those who fail to abide by them.

Not at all

It's the behaviour

So these salt of the earth factory workers never go on the piss causing trouble. Some of your posts remind me of the Monty Python Yorkshiremen sketch. :)

Â