General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

Reasons I wouldn't want Rafa. All fair and valid IMO

1. He's too old for a 'project' like Villa

2. He doesn't fit the criteria that the board said they were looking for

3. He's already 'done it', and nothing he could do at Villa would top it

4. He's always been a cheque book manager. We don't want that again

5. He's not a young and hungry candidate that has a burning desire to make a name for himself

6. I've no faith in his work with young players

7. I've never watched any of his sides and thought 'they play attractove football'

8. I don't think he comes across well in the media and would be fair game for the tabloid scum

I (and its only my own opinion) want a manager that will achieve things and make his name with US

I want someone that will change the whole footballing philosophy of the club, root and branches and be here for 5-10 years building a dynasty.

Not one that ultimately knows from the off he can't top his past achievements unless handed a bottomless pit of cash.

But maybe that's just me

You're one of 'those people' that does the 'quotation marks' with their 'fingers' aren't you?

I believe if RL went for Alan Curbishley it would be a big statement of his intent in the club. i.e. Curbishley will do okay and make Villa some what attractive for RL to sell off without spending that much.

If he goes for someone like Poyet, who i think he will go for, then he is in it for the long run and is trying to build something at Villa.

I agree with this RL is at a big point in his Villa career and he needs to shit or get off the pot imo!

My concern about Lerner and appointing managers - is does he put the man hours in to snare a top bloke.

I could be totally wrong - but does he jet in on the tuesday - with no real target in mind - but hoping to have 'a' manager by the friday.

Its a bit like queuing all night in the January sales for the bargain priced 3d tv - only to be told 'sorry sir all gone' - but then you look around 'good lord £300 off the deluxe coffee maker' - Ill take it.......

So Lerner jets in thinking Ill get the 'Martinez' - oh shit hes signed for pool - but whats that you have ? 'good lord - A mick Mccarthy' I ll take it !!!

I dont know if I could agree with that Smetrov, but he has appointed people who are supposed to do this for him except Faulkner has done a pretty shit job so far in everything to do with the on the pitch side of things

Think your right with Faulkner, but would you send your wife out to buy you a new set of golf clubs? Thats what happened when the 'Other guy" got appointed.

:thumb:

Yes apparently it is John Henry, if taken this week who knows but shows they have met. Look very relaxed with each other too IMO

:)

There's every chance that pic is less than an hour old.

Haha. They look like two Suits who've forgotten how to have a holiday.

35kucrm.jpg

Tuck or untuck?

I had this dilemma last Friday night, new shirt and chinos and I couldn't decide what to do. In the end I tucked in, but then after about one hour out I decided to untuck.

I'm still not sure what is correct

What's the general consensus on this ?

35kucrm.jpg

Goddamn Robbo is one dapper gent. Big Mick it is for us then. :x

Is that Whelan in the black and black sandals. Just making sure its not RL he is talking to.

lmao

Tuck or untuck?

I had this dilemma last Friday night, new shirt and chinos and I couldn't decide what to do. In the end I tucked in, but then after about one hour out I decided to untuck.

I'm still not sure what is correct

What's the general consensus on this ?

If on holiday in Barbados*, you should not be having such a dilemma. You should wearing a T-shirt and your dilemma should be whether to have another rum and coke now or later.

Otherwise, I feel the decision should be based on the length of the shirt and the style of belt available, if any.

*Or even Florida

If its not on RAWK already, somebody please get this picture over to the

They will be delighted

Off to microwave some popcorn

It's gathering pace nicely. Already conspiracy theorists are calling it shopped:

I did some googling.

Martinez is exactly 175 cm.

John Henry roundabout ten cm taller than Kenny which would be 183 cm.

Looking at that picture, they seem to be just about the same height though.

It could be the angle or something, but it wouldn't surprise me if it's shopped. The height difference is bigger between the two.

So they both like Florida. Could be just a coincidence that they met each other while on holiday!

like that coincidental holiday of the word removed last year with Carroll and that scarf

They will be delighted

It's gathering pace nicely. Already conspiracy theorists are calling it shopped:

I did some googling.

It could be the angle or something, but it wouldn't surprise me if it's shopped. The height difference is bigger between the two.

haha mythbusted right here. Well to be fair I'm pretty sure I can see a glimpse bigfoot on the left of the pic :D

They will be delighted

I did some googling.

haha mythbusted right here. Well to be fair I'm pretty sure I can see a glimpse bigfoot on the left of the pic :D

It's photoshoped. Nice job though.

Look at Henrys foot, they forgot to added it in. Impossible that Martinez leg would cover it.