General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

I believe if RL went for Alan Curbishley it would be a big statement of his intent in the club. i.e. Curbishley will do okay and make Villa some what attractive for RL to sell off without spending that much.

If he goes for someone like Poyet, who i think he will go for, then he is in it for the long run and is trying to build something at Villa.

Its going to be Di Matteo

I can see why you think that - But im hoping Faulkner doesn't fancy a battle with Abramovich.

Surley the job Curbs did at Charlton is comparable with Martinez at Wigan ? .......Come on Randy, trust me on this....!

Not a chance Curbs had Charlton 4th well after Christmas and they never looked like getting relegated till he left. As for a battle with Roman, RDM will be a free man next week with a nice bonus cheque in his back pocket.

I believe if RL went for Alan Curbishley it would be a big statement of his intent in the club. i.e. Curbishley will do okay and make Villa some what attractive for RL to sell off without spending that much.

If he goes for someone like Poyet, who i think he will go for, then he is in it for the long run and is trying to build something at Villa.

I agree with this RL is at a big point in his Villa career and he needs to shit or get off the pot imo!

Reasons I wouldn't want Rafa. All fair and valid IMO

1. He's too old for a 'project' like Villa

2. He doesn't fit the criteria that the board said they were looking for

3. He's already 'done it', and nothing he could do at Villa would top it

4. He's always been a cheque book manager. We don't want that again

5. He's not a young and hungry candidate that has a burning desire to make a name for himself

6. I've no faith in his work with young players

7. I've never watched any of his sides and thought 'they play attractove football'

8. I don't think he comes across well in the media and would be fair game for the tabloid scum

And;

9. He is a Fat Spanish Waiter.

This is brilliant, today, via various ITK's we've been in discussions with GMac, Roeder, Hoddle, Poyet, Rafa and now Martinez

Yeah, it's almost as if nobody has a **** clue what's happening. I have to tip my hat to Randy for that at least, assuming he does actually have a **** clue what's happening himself.

He doesnt.

This is no different to the past two appointments....

A woeful list of candidates.

Nowt happening for weeks

Countless Favourites

People turning us down.

you forgot overly dramatic posters who are self combusting based on nothing but groundless conjecture and the fact the club is playing its cards close to its chest rather than regularly posting on Villa talk or phoning talksport.

Some people on here need to get over themselves, seriously. What are you expecting just over a week after they pulled the trigger? Football is not the same as it was 10 or 20 years ago where you sat down, shook hands and the deal was done. There are too many additional factors now.

I have faith that Villa will not commit commercial and footballing suicide twice on the trot!

I agree with this RL is at a big point in his Villa career and he needs to shit or get off the pot imo!

My concern about Lerner and appointing managers - is does he put the man hours in to snare a top bloke.

I could be totally wrong - but does he jet in on the tuesday - with no real target in mind - but hoping to have 'a' manager by the friday.

Its a bit like queuing all night in the January sales for the bargain priced 3d tv - only to be told 'sorry sir all gone' - but then you look around 'good lord £300 off the deluxe coffee maker' - Ill take it.......

So Lerner jets in thinking Ill get the 'Martinez' - oh shit hes signed for pool - but whats that you have ? 'good lord - A mick Mccarthy' I ll take it !!!

Tomorrow is another day

Stay positive

In 2012 we won 2 out of 19 PL games under "the other guy"

He's gone, sleep well, things can only get better

Unless its Mick 1 win in 22 ?

or RDM 0 IN 18

(All figures approximate - but you get the point!)

has everyone forgotten the trees' Barbados message from the other day?

Iirc, the gist of it was that RL's plane had headed West, but that TT was fairly sure (let's say 75% sure) that he hadn't gone to Cleveland or anywhere nearby. I jokingly said the Azores. Not sure if Barbados came up, but why not? Could easily have gone to Barbados.

My concern about Lerner and appointing managers - is does he put the man hours in to snare a top bloke.

I could be totally wrong - but does he jet in on the tuesday - with no real target in mind - but hoping to have 'a' manager by the friday.

Its a bit like queuing all night in the January sales for the bargain priced 3d tv - only to be told 'sorry sir all gone' - but then you look around 'good lord £300 off the deluxe coffee maker' - Ill take it.......

So Lerner jets in thinking Ill get the 'Martinez' - oh shit hes signed for pool - but whats that you have ? 'good lord - A mick Mccarthy' I ll take it !!!

Mick McCarthy! I would much prefer a deluxe coffee maker.

I dont know if I could agree with that Smetrov, but he has appointed people who are supposed to do this for him except Faulkner has done a pretty shit job so far in everything to do with the on the pitch side of things

has everyone forgotten the trees' Barbados message from the other day?

Iirc, the gist of it was that RL's plane had headed West, but that TT was fairly sure (let's say 75% sure) that he hadn't gone to Cleveland or anywhere nearby. I jokingly said the Azores. Not sure if Barbados came up, but why not? Could easily have gone to Barbados.

...or maybe not, eh Gent?

I dont know if I could agree with that Smetrov, but he has appointed people who are supposed to do this for him except Faulkner has done a pretty shit job so far in everything to do with the on the pitch side of things

Think your right with Faulkner, but would you send your wife out to buy you a new set of golf clubs? Thats what happened when the 'Other guy" got appointed.