General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

This is my desired list depending on what RL's intentions are.

Long term project aiming to eventually compete with top 4/5 - Budget - 30-40m - AVB

Continue Villa trademark of mid-table and occasional Europa - Budget - 20-30m - Lambert

RL has given up and ready to sell in not too distant future - 10m - Curbs

Wild card - OGS not happening so i'd quite like Poyet

I don't like Benitez much, but I would take him in a heartbeat right now with all this uncertainty. I do not want nor rate Martinez for more reasons than i'd care to mention, I honestly think he would be a perpetual failure especially as everyone will want to give him time.

If I were a betting man i'd definitely lump some money on RDM though, I think he is the most likely appointment given the stipulations chosen in the past, PL experience - check, Silverware - check, young (for a manager) and vibrant.... well he's got the first part.

How do people know that we haven't spoken

to RM before he met Liverpool say when Lerner was

back in US?

Sounds to me like Villa & Liverpool are speaking to

quite a few candidates.

Randy was in the UK today not Miami for definite... he leaves tomorrow to return to the states as usual.

That's 100% :!:

I take it The Trees has PM'ed you?

Unfortunately we can't deduce anything from that. He could be leaving because everything's mostly wrapped up with Faulkner sorting out the finer details or he could still be searching and once again return next Tuesday to resume the search. He could've easily interviewed candidates this week under our noses and he could've just as easily done nothing.

Steve Staunton?????? - Villa legend!

Great player for Villa, but a legend ? Maybe for Liverpool?

Staunton made nearly 300 appearance for us and just over 100 for Liverpool. We easily had the best of Stan.

Pay what ever Norwich want.

Give lambert similar wages to Mcleish.

Give him a decent transfer budget.

You've **** us up Lerner and now it's time to fix it with the only thing you're good for.

Another poor managerial appointment is not acceptable.

Wish somebody would come out and throw us a bone. It's been eerily quiet since the OGS saga. We're completely alone and right now hoping that the people who hired Alex McLeish can appoint someone decent.

I am now getting rather frustrated with this football club once again i have to say..

We have

Liverpool = Moving in on Martinez = 1 of our apparent targets

West Brom = Now in talks with Ranieri according to reports in the Telegraph tonight

Lambert = Would rather stay at Norwich

Rogers = would rather stay at Swansea

Aston Villa = Randy Lerner about to fly of home once again for another 3 or 4 days with yet again apparantly nothing sorted apart from the fact all the best targets are not interested or are off elsewhere :?

My interest level even in our new manager search is now dwindling pretty damn quickly... It's just so dull it defies belief!

We need something to cling to here Randy!

Is this affecting anyone else's sleep? I know it may sound like a silly thing to lose sleep over but I'm actually starting to dream about this now. Keep on waking up in the night as well. :lol: