Confirmed: Paul Lambert new Villa boss

VillaRoy

Hello guys,congratulations on appointing Lambert! :cheers:

I know I was excited about OGS (being Norwegian myself) but when the cold light of day hit I have to say Lambert is a very good choice.This is a man who knows what it takes,and he can do it without ruining a club.

:)

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Villa have pulled off a shrewd move here. Lambert is just what we need right now. Good man manager, doesn't take any shit and knows/reads the game well. I'm hopeful that if anyone can get the best out of our less than average squad, he can.

I'd like to see him sent out to play with £20m to £30m, might be wishful thinking but I think we would be in good shape after that.

Sorry if a bit OT but for the benefit of Wiz and relevance of Lambert's backroom staff coming to Villa or not.

Paddy Power have just tweeted that they've suspended betting on Chris Hughton being appointed as the next Norwich manager

as big money put on him this morning.

Cheers for that Julie but it doesn't fit in with what our CEO has just said today:

http://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/david_mcnally_exclusive_norwich_city_spread_search_for_paul_lambert_s_replacement_to_europe_1_1398556

"McNally - Villa not a big club"

Norwich chief executive David McNally has expressed surprise that Paul Lambert has joined Aston Villa rather than a 'big club'..

http://tinyurl.com/cdqeycw

McWally must be related to that other media whore at Wigan....

Small club syndrome IMO - would expect exactly the same to come from small heath alliance.

"McNally - Villa not a big club"

Norwich chief executive David McNally has expressed surprise that Paul Lambert has joined Aston Villa rather than a 'big club'..

http://tinyurl.com/cdqeycw

Dean Saunders " The trouble with Villa they don't realise how big they are"

I know which opinion I value.

just got back from spain today, fairly pleased with this news, short term i think its a smart choice, long term he will be gone in 3/4 seasons. whether he succeeds or fails.

That SkySports article seems to have twisted McNally's words somewhat - from what I read he stated that he's surprised he didn't go to a club currently in the champions league. Just shows how the media and especially Sky are sticking the boot in when they can. It's an utter disgrace.

Sorry if a bit OT but for the benefit of Wiz and relevance of Lambert's backroom staff coming to Villa or not.

Paddy Power have just tweeted that they've suspended betting on Chris Hughton being appointed as the next Norwich manager

Cheers for that Julie but it doesn't fit in with what our CEO has just said today:

http://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/david_mcnally_exclusive_norwich_city_spread_search_for_paul_lambert_s_replacement_to_europe_1_1398556

I like the picture in that article...

1263954821.jpg

"Look, isn't that Randy Lerner's personal jet flying Paul Lambert to a bigger club...?"

:lol:

Or maybe- like Whelan- he just has the memory of a goldfish?

When he appointed Lambert in 09 we had just had a season when we were in the top 4 for the bulk of the campaign. In 2010 we took the challenge to the penultimate weekend and arguably went even closer.

That's before even considering the 130 odd years of history before that.

But two poor seasons = we cease to be a big club? Okay.

There might be some figures at bigger football clubs capable of making such a sneering statement. I don't think the likes of Whelan and McNally are in that position, frankly. Just small-time Charlies, looking to maximise their 15 minutes of fame with bombastic 'look at me!' comments.

I like the picture in that article...

1263954821.jpg

"Look, isn't that Randy Lerner's personal jet flying Paul Lambert to a bigger club...?"

:lol:

That deserves a prize

Big club status is not won or lost over 2- 3 seasons.

I could write reams on my disappointment of Aston Villa over recent seasons, but that still does not detract from a FACT Aston Villa are a big club.

I am still of the opinion that a Russian Oligarch or Middle eastern Oil Sheik is not necessary for Aston Villa to rise like a phoenix from the ashes....maybe helpful and would undoubtedly fast track us, but the most important for me is a manager and his staff who have an eye for a player and a mind to develop them in to a winning and performing team.

It can be done

Aston Villa represents a massive opportunity for the right kind of manager to fulfill his dreams and help fulfill ours along the way.

Getting it wrong, is there for all of us to see, but getting it right like in 81-82 was there for some of us to see too.

It can be done again !!!

If you think it can, it can....If you think you can't you can't.

What have players actually said about lambert.

I understand that Given and Bannan have tweeted or posted some very favorable comments.

Given I think rightly so, Bannan I think the jury is still out.

Most are still on holiday and after the season they just had I don't blame them for trying to forget they have a job to come back to, when they come back from pre-season I think we'll get a few more opinions on the man from a few of the players.

Back to Lambert....

If you were a player at villa, how would you feel about the new manager? I think we will have a fair few players who are shit scared at the minute. Lambert has an aura and I think the likes of Gabby, Collins, Warnock will be pretty anxious right now.

Great, its about time!!!

Having seen Norwich perform down here in Swansea both in the PL and the Championship one thing Villa fans can expect to see is a team that never gives up,will compete and is not averse to use questionable tactics if the occasion calls for them.As for the players my guess is that they will be very wary of Lambert until they get to know what makes him tick,he can be a nasty piece of work,ask East Radio,but was held in high esteem by the Norwich players bar those who stepped out of line.

Back to Lambert....

If you were a player at villa, how would you feel about the new manager? I think we will have a fair few players who are shit scared at the minute. Lambert has an aura and I think the likes of Gabby, Collins, Warnock will be pretty anxious right now.

Great, its about time!!!

Let's hope so

Too many have been taking the wages without giving a flying **** & it needs to stop

Being shite but giving it 100% is forgiveable for me

Not trying isn't

Nothing confirmed as yet but I am hearing strong rumours Alan Thompson could appear in some capacity!
Asking if Richard dunne, James Collins and chris herd can come out to play

I don't like the lack of news about Culverhouse and Karsa. Seeing some rumors about Culverhouse staying in City or at least not joing Lambo here. Not good, if that's the case.