SPECULATION: Gabby to Sunderland

Eames

Haven't read the thread through but I would take 12m. He just doesn't look like his heart is in it any more. I know we can blame Mcleish partly for this BUT next season I would like to see bent and Weimann in the team together.

I think his heart will always be in it, it's his soul that's been destroyed, destroyed by two managers that clearly think he's better employed out wide and that Emile Heskey is better than him up front.

Gabbys League record last 6 seasons:

Under O'Neill 06/07 37 games 9 goals, 07/08 37 games 11 goals, 08/09 35 games 11 goals, 09/10 35 games 13 goals

Under KMac/Houllier/GMac 17 games (another 9 sub appearances) 3 goals

Under McLeish 30 games and 5 goals

Under O'Neill he had a goal in approx every 3.2 games

Under Houllier/McLeish it has been a goal in every 6 games

For whatever reason, be it playing him out of position or just simply that Houllier/McLeish, like with most of our players, could not get the best out of him, his record as deteriorated dramatically in the last couple of seasons.

For the good of his career if McLeish is still here next season it may be best he does leave. That I guess could be said about all our better players. Well the few that are left.

Please God let this overated waste of space leave. If we can mug someone for 12 million I'll be over the moon. Robbie Keane should have opened some fans eyes to what a real top class striker is all about.

This 100%. Has a goals per game ratio marginally better than that fox in the box Heskey

Please God let this overated waste of space leave. If we can mug someone for 12 million I'll be over the moon. Robbie Keane should have opened some fans eyes to what a real top class striker is all about.

This 100%. Has a goals per game ratio marginally better than that fox in the box Heskey

Heskey has 14 goals from 104 appearances, 7.43 games per goal

Gab has 61 goals from 252 appearances, 4.13 games per goal

Both are poor, but Gab's is almost twice as good

Gabby started the season great which suggests to me that he still has it, albeit he does have his limitations, but he has been dragged down like the rest of the club by McLeish and Houllier. You can guarantee that if he went to Sunderland he would play out of his skin for O'Neill, just like most players do. We just need to get some positivity back into the club starting with the right manager, not just for Gabby's sake but basically every other player we've got.

I think his heart will always be in it, it's his soul that's been destroyed, destroyed by two managers that clearly think he's better employed out wide and that Emile Heskey is better than him up front.

What a load of bollocks!

I can stomach players not playing well due to loss of form or being injured but to now use the lame excuse that it's something to do with a player's soul being destroyed is pathetic.

Players are paid very well to go out onto the pitch and perform and the last friggin thing we need is to make up another excuse for them not doing that.

Heskey has 14 goals from 104 appearances, 7.43 games per goal

Gab has 61 goals from 252 appearances, 4.13 games per goal

Both are poor, but Gab's is almost twice as good

might mean career goals. Heskey has 151 in 692 games which is 4.53 goals a game

*according to Wiki*

Uh... you guys do realise there was a time when Heskey was a pretty good striker? He was scoring 30+ a season at one stage. It's not remotely worrying that his career ratio is better than Gabby's, ffs, ridiculous to compare.

Na, he's never had 20 league goals. Or above 14, to be precise.

Heskeys best season was 2000-2001 when he scored 14 league goals and 22 overall (8 in the cups).

Gabby has yet to come close to that but it must be remembered he is only 25 and so has probably not peaked yet, and Heskey was playing in a good treble winning side so had good service.

In my opinion that was the only good season in Heskeys career.

He could have made the England euro's squad if he was playing, the same at the start of the season. He is obviously lacking in confidence and McLeish giving him the captaincy has not helped, if anything its heaped even more pressure onto his shoulders, poor guy.. McLeish is really clueless.. James Collins would have been a much more suitable...

Heskeys best season was 2000-2001 when he scored 14 league goals and 22 overall (8 in the cups).

Gabby has yet to come close to that but it must be remembered he is only 25 and so has probably not peaked yet, and Heskey was playing in a good treble winning side so had good service.

In my opinion that was the only good season in Heskeys career.

Your doing a dis-service to Heskey there, in his peak I would have had him down at VP, I just wish JG had managed to prise him away from Leicester when Yorke left, Liverpool turned him into a winger, but on his day Heskey was unplayable for Leicester.

Â