SPECULATION: Gabby to Sunderland

Eames

if theres 12m on the table, it would be silly not to consider it.
Just a small point, but even the ludicrous D Mirror article doesn't say there actually is £12m on the table. It says MON is interested in signing Gabby and Villa are going to ask for £12m.

It's highly unlikely (a) that MON will get enough to spend to allow him to buy a single player for that amount and (B) even more unlikely he would pay it. Around £4-6million is his normal gioing rate IIRC.

Sunderland will have money available in the summer. They'll probably get about £8-£10 million for Gyan, that Sessegnon will probably go back to France, plus whoever else they get rid of, added to whatever the board decide to give O'Neill, they would have more than enough to sign Gabby. I honestly wouldn't be bothered if he went, especially if we could get anywhere near £10 million for him.

He doesn't score enough goals. Even when we had the likes of Milner, Young, Barry and Downing creating chances, Gabby wasn't exactly prolific. Yes this season he's played out wide and we have a serious lack of creativity but his goal tally should still be better! He's one of the most frustrating players to watch because we all know what he is capable of producing but unfortunately it is rare that he actually does it. We've really needed him to produce over the last few months and yet again he has failed to deliver. I'm not just talking goals here either, I'm talking in general. His performances have been shocking.

Meh in last few months he has been nothing short of disgraceful, Ive always backed him but his performance last week at Old Trafford for a captain was pathetic

Always had my doubts....never been convinced like some.

Perhaps being brought up on Gary Shaw & Brian Little hasn't helped.

The Gabby of 2007-2010 scored goals in derby games and important matches and linked up with team mates, the Gabby of now just seems to sulk.

wouldn't you sulk if you were been played out of position for most of the season and had to play under a manager like mcleish?

Perhaps if he cut inside and scored.... he might have a more persuasive arguemnet to get the position he wants.

I'd be devastated

you'd get over it, + devastated would be bit of an over-reaction, he plays football (not very well most of the time), loosing a loved one = devastated, footballer going to another team = Meh!

:'( game over for my agbonlahor shirt :'(

I have him on this seasons home shirt, but it's hardly game over! He's not even moved yet. If this isn't true and he doesn't want to move from the club he supports then he'll come out and say so, he normally is quite vocal about his love and commitment to The Villa. If he stays quiet then that will tell us all we need to know!

You'll have a nice new Macron shirt for next season if he does go, relax...

As CI said, he's playing with an injury. He's not properly fit. He's only playing because we're so jiggered. Yes his performance level has dropped, (because he's injured) and because like the rest of the team there's no confidence. But it's not his fault he's injured. A fully fit Gabby is an asset.

Based on the last 2 years - I wouldnt miss him one bit. (A drab sign of modern professional football).

In the most part, poor at best whilst some games (esp recently), its been abysmal going on embarrassing.

Sometimes players are asked to play out of position. Do I agree with Houllier and Mcliesh for playing gabby on the wing? No

Do I expect Gabby to do exactly what the manager says with 100%, without sulking? Absolutely.

I have no doubt under MON he will be a good player, but MON isnt coming here. As a result we wont miss Gabby.

Please God let this overated waste of space leave. If we can mug someone for 12 million I'll be over the moon.

Oh FFS, behave yourself

Hes right CI. Whats he done that makes you think it isnt very good business? Or would be very good business?

Please God let this overated waste of space leave. If we can mug someone for 12 million I'll be over the moon.

Oh FFS, behave yourself

I've watched the game for 50 years. I've seen some truly great strikers at VP. Gabby aint one of them. He's more of an athlete than a footballer. Quick on the run but painfully slow to react on the pitch. Not a clever player, and lacking a good first touch. One on one he is probably the worst I have ever seen, his latest howler against Stoke, where he not only missed the goal but the Holte End ! being but the latest example. He may well love the Villa, but if thats the criteria for playing for our club I'll get me boots. He constantly throughout his career goes on huge non scoring runs, even under MON. I say again if we can mug someone for 12 million quid I'd snatch their hands off.

If Gabby had taken Bent's two penalties this season, they'd more than likely have the same goal tally. But the critics are right, what a disgraceful waste of space he is, if MON offers anything more than a Mars bar and a hand shandy we should bite his hand off /sarc

Gabby has been garbage for quite some time, it's true that he gets an easy ride from many as he is "Villa through and through" and if we get anything over 10 million for him and get rid of his 65k a week wages, I would drive him up to the Sunderland myself. Hopefully he will actually try to impress MON today and score a goal today, well we can all dream...

Â