Jan transfer window - rumours, speculation & suggestions

OnePablo

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Or Michael Boulding for that matter... Oh.. So wait a minute, does this mean that every player in the championship ain't like neither Platt/barry nor Boulding? Which means that you can't expect every player from that league beuing perfect which means that soem can have doubts about such players?

Correct. But it also means you shouldn't write a player off just because they're playing in the championship. Which is what someone seems to suggest.

the team would be:

GK: Sorensen

DR: Laursen

DC: Mellberg

DC: Ridgewell/Laursen

DL: Gareth Barry

MC: McCann

MC: Parker

MC: Petrov

RM: Ribery

LM: Keane

CF: Angel

Subs: Agbonlahor, Taylor, Sutton, Davis, Bouma

Well, that would be a hell of a team!

Unrealistic but a hell of a team...

Ribery is left sided, and after Ronaldinho probably the player who impresses me most in world football. I've watched a few french games on channel five (or four I cant remember) but this Ribery fella! Oh my god what a player, awesome. They worship him in France. He's on his way to one of the super clubs though unfortunately.

heres a name for the hat, id like to see Franck Ribery at Villa, we need another playmaker, and he can play anywere across the midfield, predominantly rightwing, I reckon £10m would get him........ he looked good in the world cup...........

not too sure about his attitude tho' cos I think hes had 5 clubs and hes only about 23...............

Real Madrid, Barcelona, Milan, Arsenal, Man Utd, Chelsea, Inter, Aston Villa and Lyon.

I know what he would choose, of course Aston Villa.

And also Marseille would choose the 10M rather than the 16-19M offered by all the others...

Real Madrid, Barcelona, Milan, Arsenal, Man Utd, Chelsea, Inter, Aston Villa and Lyon.

I know what he would choose, of course Aston Villa.

And also Marseille would choose the 10M rather than the 16-19M offered by all the others...

The first bit I could possibly agree with if the other clubs in your list are also in for him. Are they?

The second bit, well prior to July I would also have agreed with. Now? Are you sure we wouldn't spend 16M on the right player should he be available and should Martin go to the board and say "I really want this bloke" ?

The first bit I could possibly agree with if the other clubs in your list are also in for him. Are they?

Arsenal and Lyon most definitely are. If he became available I'd expect a couple of the others to prick their ears up as well.

I really think if Barry isnt gonna become a permanent left back that we need two new fullbacks........... i think Delaneys time is up at Villa due to his injury record and Hughes isnt of the required standard, id like to see Lauren from Arsenal or Micah Richards from City bought in to play there, and leftback is a problem area, the jury is still out on Bouma for me, he never seems to be fit, always looks slow, doesnt offer a great deal going forward and whethere its a coincidence or not we tend to ship loads of goals when hes in the team, especially away......... id like to see him come good, but in not convinced.......... as for JL Samuel, who knows? on his day tremendous, but those days are far outweighed by his deep love for impersonating defending in the style of Frank Spencer..................... Wayne Bridge would be a shout but can see that being a summer thing, if jan is an option maybe take a punt on John O'Shea at Man Yoo, hes gonna be out of favour once Heinze is fullyfit and they sign Hargreaves to play in midfield, just a thought..............

disagree, I think the healthy competition is already there. I think he is ready to play games as well. He can see that if he works hard a first team opportunity will come his way. I don't think a new centre half is neccesary, and certainly not Balde. If Laursen does his knee over again then that would be different, but even still Bobo Balde would be under no circumstances the answer.

So a new defender is now needed ? :lol:

After last nights chastening experience, does anyone else think that we are wasting our time looking at players like Nugent and Eastwood. If we are to achieve MON's stated aim of competing with Chelsea, we need to aim much higher.

After last nights chastening experience, does anyone else think that we are wasting our time looking at players like Nugent and Eastwood. If we are to achieve MON's stated aim of competing with Chelsea, we need to aim much higher.

I know what you are saying, but are we going to follow Chelsea's lead and just splash incredible amounts of dosh or are we going to take a more organic approach and grow gradually as a club (or try and invest in young talent like Arsenal?). At the moment, we don't know how things are going to shape up...

I agree, we definately need 3-4 top quality players to add to the side, preferably with the "winning" attitude and "bottle" for the big games. I think this is something we sorely miss, because whenever we have a big game that can mean something we tend to blow our chances by not turning up. I can think of numerous games over the last ten years.

I'm not writing off completely the idea of a lower league player or two to supplement the top players. 1 or 2 who can develop into stars of the future for example Gudjohnson at Bolton before going onto bigger things. I think thats what MON is suggesting when he states that he isn't writing off the possibility of lower league players.

I know what you are saying, but are we going to follow Chelsea's lead and just splash incredible amounts of dosh or are we going to take a more organic approach and grow gradually as a club (or try and invest in young talent like Arsenal?). At the moment, we don't know how things are going to shape up...

Erm the second way I think as Randy does not have the amount of money in question to do that. Personal fortune estimated at 1.4 BN $.

That means about 800M £

Of which he has spent around 70M acquiring Villa.

Leaves 730M £ .

Of course not all of that investment or assets are cash, so I would doubt he has the asset base to go around soending 200M on players

I think Nugent would be a fantastic signing and I hope we have the stones to risk it. From what I've seen, I'd put him in the Darren Bent league. Both prolific and promising in the Championship and for the U21's.

lerner is not a dumb man lets not forget that. he will generate money. how many contacts must lerner have? this man will make that money back i reckon. if the sponsership deal is pulled off that would ne a major coup

it might be worth trying to hijack freddy adu from under manchester utd's nose, he's going there for a two week trail, they'd be no harm offering him a trail with us as i don't think utd would aim to buy him in the immediate future.

he looks like an exciting talent and see no harm in offering him a trail