Jan transfer window - rumours, speculation & suggestions

OnePablo

Dont mean to be negative but i dont think theyll be any more signings.the 3 we have are all good players and Im happy with it.

BUT I would love another midfielder to hold.

Barton - love him - wont come, and more of a box-to-box player as far as i can see

Diop - yes - possible?

Geremi - yes - possible?

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oguchi Onyewu..."Gooch"...Standard Liege...

I´ve seen Newcastle been linked to this player but I would really like Villa to give it a go...he is a tall and good central defender that has made Real Madrid and Inter interested. A few Premiership teams have also made some visits and he has reportedly had a few bids for him from Fulham, Middlesbrough and Chelsea.

He has a desire to play in Premier and I think he would be a very good player to sign for Villa. He is as big as Carew and Villa need big players in the team. He is good in heading and could be an answer to our problems at defending corner kicks and free kicks.

I don't know about all of you but I wouldn't even take Shevchenko on a free.

I would take him for a lot of money. He's a great player but hasn't shown his real potential in the PL yet. Think he and Carew could work great together.

I don't know about all of you but I wouldn't even take Shevchenko on a free.

I would take him for a lot of money. He's a great player but hasn't shown his real potential in the PL yet. Think he and Carew could work great together.

He WAS a great player but is now 31, slowing rapidly, and frankly looks lost and unable to cope with the pace of English football.

He'd want massive wages and would unsettle the rest of the squad, I genuinly wouldn't want him here.

Gerami at that price is a bargain as you could play him CM.I think his wages are massive at Chelsea however.

He actually starts for Chelsea today, why the h... would he go til Villa???

He's played a fair bit this season due to Chelseas injury crisis, but with 27 appearences over the previous 2 seasons, he's hardly first choice. I'd say he's gettable, but not at £1m. That's absurd.

Great player, he'd walk into our first XI. I'd be dancing in the streets if we made a move for him.

Gerami at that price is a bargain as you could play him CM.I think his wages are massive at Chelsea however.

He actually starts for Chelsea today, why the h... would he go til Villa???

He's played a fair bit this season due to Chelseas injury crisis, but with 27 appearences over the previous 2 seasons, he's hardly first choice. I'd say he's gettable, but not at £1m. That's absurd.

Great player, he'd walk into our first XI. I'd be dancing in the streets if we made a move for him.

Then we would be 2 to do that. Of course in different cities, but still.

No chance of Nolan, he would be awesome in a Villa shirt though! I have a feeling we are going to move for Danny Murphy, dont ask me why its just a hunch i have.

hope not, a vastly over rated played IMHO who has failed to hold down permanent position in all the clubs he has gone to.

also at 30 he is over IMHO the age range MON is going for