Jan transfer window - rumours, speculation & suggestions

OnePablo

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's another, and I know nothing BTW just adding in a name that we haven't seen for a while but which was spoken about on SKY in knowing read between the lines terms over the weekend, Nugent

re-Gordon - I've heard that Arsenal and some other very big team have offered £6m for him. He's way above us at the mo' + IMO there are more important positions to buy for.

Here's another, and I know nothing BTW just adding in a name that we haven't seen for a while but which was spoken about on SKY in knowing read between the lines terms over the weekend, Nugent

I'm amazed that he and Freddie Eastwood haven't even been approached yet. I know Sky said similar. I also remember the window where Rasiak (who was of similar stock at the time in the Championship) went to Spurs at 23:55 after no hint of a bid before that so you never know.

I'm amazed that he and Freddie Eastwood haven't even been approached yet. I know Sky said similar. I also remember the window where Rasiak (who was of similar stock at the time in the Championship) went to Spurs at 23:55 after no hint of a bid before that so you never know.

Rasiak was huge marketing success for Spurs :lol:

We don't need a keeper, there is no point going for one if you ask me.

Yes and no. Sometimes you have to buy as and when quality becomes available. Ultimately we need a stronger reserve keeper. Signing Isaksson gives us a better bench - whether the bench is him or Sorensen. He may not be available in the summer. A cheaky £2.5m bid might get him now and that's one more job done for the summer.

We don't need a keeper, there is no point going for one if you ask me.

Yes and no. Sometimes you have to buy as and when quality becomes available. Ultimately we need a stronger reserve keeper. Signing Isaksson gives us a better bench - whether the bench is him or Sorensen. He may not be available in the summer. A cheaky £2.5m bid might get him now and that's one more job done for the summer.

But he is unhappy due to not playing. If we sign a keeper, he has to be better than Sorenson or prepared to sit on the bench. I doubt Murray or Isaksson would be either of these.