OnePablo

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

and Berbatov is injured.

No chance.

Great Post Jez, i've lost count of the amount of times you've posted like this, in various threads. Please contribute.

Whose to say we haven't got a chance? Spurs could be on the verge of signing a striker in which case they'd let one go.

They could not as well.

Let me get this straight, they are about to sell Mido if reports are correct, Berbatov is injured and they sell Keane to us?

What so that leaves them with Defoe as their only striker, thats one striker???

Hahahahaha :lol: ok!

Thats my contribution, happy now?

You can keep pointing out my posts as well if you want, you seem to do it a lot recently. :roll:

Tottenham boss Martin Jol has ruled out the possibility of selling Mido during the January transfer window.

The powerful Egyptian has found first team openings difficult to come by this term and reports suggested Manchester City were readying a bid to test Tottenham's resolve to retain the services of the striker.

However, Dimitar Berbatov, the man who has dislodged Mido in the pecking order at Spurs, has picked up a groin injury and Jol has no intention of limiting his striking options yet further.

"Mido is important because Berbatov is out," said Jol. "We are a club that keeps our best players."

It is not yet clear how long Berbatov will be sidelined for, but it would appear that Mido, who scored during Saturday's win over Southend, has a role to play at White Hart Lane.

sky

i'd rather sign a 5 millionish centre mid like barton/diop and then get smith on loan rather pay a probable 8 mill for keane

but still i would love it if he joined, but i would be slightly worried by lack of depth in centre mid

Great Post Jez, i've lost count of the amount of times you've posted like this, in various threads. Please contribute.

You are already on a yellow card, Tom. Post on posts not posters. Next time you will be banned.

As for Keane, it's a non starter in that O'Neill said yesterday no bids for anyone had been placed.

FWIW, I have a feeling in my water that "Wardrobe" Diop is one of the players MON was referring to when he was talking about trying to get a couple of things sorted his weekend. MON knows we need strenghthening in midfield so that is surely one of the areas he is working on. If he passes the medical and the price is right I would welcome that acquisition, I think. I would like to see a beast in midfield for us and he does qualify for that description. What I want us to have is a Vierra of a few years ago - Dioup possibly isn't what Vierra still is now but if we can't get Barton (please let us get Barton!) - then he could be the available option to go for.

It will be interesting to see who the next couple in are this Jan. because I genuinely believe we are not finished yet. The reality is that that the Unmentionable One always honked about the squad being too small in terms of nmbers and he was right. MON knows it, too. He knows it is too light in sheer numbers, doesn't have the quality in depth and the plyers he has aren't necessarily the players he wants. We are taking the first steps on a long, luxurious journey with Randy and MON so whilst I expect to see a few more events in the market before the 31st, I won't be too worried if nothing more happens until the summer.

I'd rather wait until the summer and see if better options (Ashton, Nugent, Bent and others) are available.

Keane is a decent player but he'll never get you 20 league goals and is quite injury prone.

Agree i like them 3 alot more.

I'd like Keane, but doubt he'll come here.

Do you lot think there are more signings to come before january is over? I actually start to think that we'll see 1 or 2 more players coming in before the Newcastle game. Think there, as usual, will be a lot of players changing clubs in the last days of disco and I think Villa will be there to get a few players. Have no idea about who, but wouldn't mind mentioned players like Smith (if so on loan, I hope), Keane, Barton (however unlikely), etc. A midfielder would be great. We'll see. And even if we don't get more players in I think we've had a very good transfer period here at VP. :D

Nigel Rio-Coker is unhappy because of Neill's salary so he could be on his way to Villa Park :clap:

I believe that Reo-Coker is one of 4 West Ham players who will be out, if not during this window, in the summer. One of the others is Ferdinand, and I can't remember the rest.

All rumour and speculation, mind you.

Nigel Rio-Coker is unhappy because of Neill's salary so he could be on his way to Villa Park :clap:

I believe that Reo-Coker is one of 4 West Ham players who will be out, if not during this window, in the summer. One of the others is Ferdinand, and I can't remember the rest.

All rumour and speculation, mind you.

How about trying to go for Ferdinand in the summer? Wouldn't he be a great signing?

I thought there would be numerous rumours today in the Sunday rags but it appears there are none. Mind you under the old regime we had rumours aplenty but no signings, let's hope the opposite occurs now :D

Ok, then no is the answer. FWIW from what I've heard he's a better talent than his brother and I for sure wouldn't min Rio in our squad. But I don't doubt you know better on this one.

How about trying to go for Ferdinand in the summer? Wouldn't he be a great signing?

No.

yeh i agree.keep that bling loving tool away from villa park.reo coker impressed me last season, but it is clear he has got too big for his boots and his attitude sucks this season. i reckon if he moved clubs he would be back to his best, so hes worth a punt,

but ferdinand? nooooooooo