Jan transfer window - rumours, speculation & suggestions

OnePablo

Let's put it this way. In 2 years time (if not quite yet) he's going to be far and away the best full back in the country. At the very least top 2 or 3.

I think you're massively underestimating the impact a full back can have in the modern game. Say we sign a nippy 'traditional' left winger and move Barry to left back full time, would he not be worth in excess of £10m in your eyes? If your answer to that is yes, then I guess it depends on how highly you rate Rchards.

This is very true. If you want to play 442 then the fullbacks are essential - just look at who was the best players for Italy in the world cup! and why do you think Chelsea wanted Cole so bad?

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

take it with a large pinch of salt (try a decanters worth) but a bloke at my work (who supports Walsall) reckons

that this week Robbie Keane had been seen down Villa Park.

Even though its more than likely bull, he's a player I could always imagine in a Villa shirt........

take it with a large pinch of salt (try a decanters worth) but a bloke at my work (who supports Walsall) reckons

Even though its more than likely bull, he's a player I could always imagine in a Villa shirt........

I can't see Spurs letting him go in January unless they have an instant replacement lined up. That would leave them with Defoe, Berbatov & Mido up front (unless I'm forgetting someone) and Mido has been linked with a move away this window also.

If the latest rumours has anything to it then MON has done everything according to what I´ve had on my wish list for Villa. I always wanted size and strength (Carew) together with pace (Young, Carew). He also might get players like Keane and Smith...and that means he has been seeing what I´ve been seen for such a long time...Villa needs aggression! Both Keane and Smith is aggressive in their play and it would benefit Villa hugely!

Keane is an all out striker whereas Smith is a well known striker, BUT he can also play as a holding midfielder...and THAT would be a marvellous signing! Smith is better than McCann in my opinion and he is also more versatile. He has loads of experience and he has played for one of the worlds biggest teams in the biggest games. Smith would be a very very smart signing if it was to be true.

It would be a crazy dream if Villa tied up Young, Carew, Smith and Keane during this window...I would go crazy!

Speed, Skill, Size and Aggression...that is a formula for success!

I can't see Spurs letting him go in January unless they have an instant replacement lined up. That would leave them with Defoe, Berbatov & Mido up front (unless I'm forgetting someone) and Mido has been linked with a move away this window also.

They are rumoured to be swapping Mido with some Spanish chap on loan deals.

Iguess there's not long to wait now to see if this happens.

Oh ok, the few things I read had Pearce at Man City wanting him.

So is business likely to happen over the weekend? Or is it all about Monday/Tuesday?

and Berbatov is injured.

No chance.

Great Post Jez, i've lost count of the amount of times you've posted like this, in various threads. Please contribute.

Whose to say we haven't got a chance? Spurs could be on the verge of signing a striker in which case they'd let one go.

Oh ok, the few things I read had Pearce at Man City wanting him.

So is business likely to happen over the weekend? Or is it all about Monday/Tuesday?

Yeah I also read about City's interest but I read somewhere that Mido wanted out of the country.

I think a lot of business will happen Monday-Wednesday.

does anybody else expect to see MON at Old Trafford on the bbc???

Think he may have been rushing through a deal for Smith, wouldnt surprise me though if we did sign Smith on loan that someone else will follow before the 30th

Hopefully this is a load of rubbish, Robbie Keane is the most over-rated footballer ever. In my personal opinion, of course!

The rumour mill stopped churning out the stories about Nicholae Dica of Steaua Bucharest the attacking midfielder/striker.

Anyone know if there is anything happening in that direction?

I am guessing that Smith's arrival would put that on the back burner.

Only 3 1/2 shopping days left for Barton btw don't leave Manchester without him ;)

Well with Spurzzzzz reportedly entering the race for St Etienne striker Frederic Piquionne who knows hey?!??!?!?!?

Fulham have bought in Alexei Smertin the Russian midfielder and Papa Bouba Diop has turned down Wigan. Should Villa be interested in Bouba Diop ?

Yes.

If he can pass a fairly thorough medical.

The way I understand it, he can't.

So no.

Sorry if I confused you :winkold: