Jan transfer window - rumours, speculation & suggestions

OnePablo

My point was that in the summer when Man Citeh were in for Isaksson, plenty of people on here saw him as a big improvement on Sorensen and wanted us to buy him.

Am I to take it that this feeling has changed ? Or are they different people to the ones posting now (as I don't tend to remember people's 'stances').

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My position was that Sorenson is good enough for top 6 but maybe would need looking at if we are to break into the top 4. I don't think there are any other keepers better than Sorenson that are available and I wouldn't by squad keepers for the sake of it.

Is this Giles Barnes any good from Derby - He's one we aint been linked with yet?? Never seen him play..

Supposed to have set the championship alight this season acording to SSN.

My position was that Sorenson is good enough for top 6 but maybe would need looking at if we are to break into the top 4. I don't think there are any other keepers better than Sorenson that are available and I wouldn't by squad keepers for the sake of it.

Agreed though he would be as good as Liverpuddle and Ars* keepers. The key is to bring the rest of the squad up to a top 6 standard. I believe we may already be close to that. Then we can start really pushing for the best available players, the Ronaldos, Henrys etc.

In my opinion goalkeepers are not an expensive commodity. A top goalkeeper will command something like £5-6m. Only freaks like Buffon go over the £10m, so improving our goalkeepers, although not a top priority, could be done without impacting too much on the transfer budget. Getting Isaksson IMO would be a good fix and he is at the least genuine competition for Sorensen who, lets face it, is unparalleled in the current squad which is not healthy.

I think we'd be missing a trick by not bidding.

less than 49 pages!

If it keeps progresing steadily like it is currently then im sure the magic 500 will be reached!

Needs another Defoe hotel rumour to do it me thinks, either that or for the market to pick up, it has been quite quiet today and i thought there would be at least more rumours doing the rounds.

Pablo Aimar to sign for Aston Villa before deadline. John Carew has given O'Neill the nod regarding the availability of his former team mate.

Graham Laing - Liverpool

I know its a suspicious rumour off the Sky Sports Rumours page, but for some reason I feel this could have a bit of credibility. Or maybe its blind hope that Aimar is going to be lining up against the codes on Wednesday! Isn't he on loan from Valencia to Zaragoza at the moment?

Brian, its not the cost that concerns me, it is the unsettling impact bringing someone in could have.

I don't understand this :? It would only unsettle Taylor imo. Surely bringing anyone in at any stage in a transfer window potentially unsettles those in that position. They all know we're strengthening. It shouldn't be a surprise if we bought someone else.

Pablo Aimar to sign for Aston Villa before deadline. John Carew has given O'Neill the nod regarding the availability of his former team mate.

Graham Laing - Liverpool

I know its a suspicious rumour off the Sky Sports Rumours page, but for some reason I feel this could have a bit of credibility. Or maybe its blind hope that Aimar is going to be lining up against the codes on Wednesday! Whatever the case, I don't think Aimar is happy at Valencia.

If we sign Aimar im sure Saviola would sign for us then seen as they were all awesome, as well as Angel as part of the "Quadro Magnifico" or whatever it was called at River, might as well get Ortega also!

Not gonna happen! :lol:

Yeah I wasn't clear Brian. Bringing in a player who is currently playing first team football or unhappy at not playing first team football is likely to lead to that player being unhappy. This could rub off on others. Alternatively, dropping Sorenson to the bench, unless the keeper is clearly better, also is likely to cause problems.

I am not saying don't bring another keeper in simply that if we do, it would have to be someone like Mart Poom.