Jan transfer window - rumours, speculation & suggestions

OnePablo

If he doesn't really want to leave Rangers and his relationship with the manager is the problem, then maybe a loan deal is on the cards.

It would be a strange one if it happened. It would basically be Le Guen saying "Well, you're not going to play while I'm the manager, but the door's open to come back if I get sacked". Would put out a strange message. It would be Le Guen's say-so, and he would have nothing to gain from a loan deal.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldnt mind Xavier and Ferguson TBH. Even if we got just those 2 untill the summer we could play:

-------------------------------Sorensen---------------------------------

Xavier--------Mellberg------------------Ridgewell-----------Barry

----------Ferguson----------------------------McCann----------------

Agbonlahor------------------Petrov---------------------------Moore

---------------------------------Angel-----------------------------------

looks nice and solid to me :)

I wouldnt mind Xavier and Ferguson TBH. Even if we got just those 2 untill the summer we could play:

I agree it does look solid, but where are the goals going to come from?

Ferguson wouldnt improve us - is only as good as Mccann. We always used to sign average players or stop gaps. Well its time we put some star quality into our side. There is quality out there, even if you have to go abroad for it. Im sure MON has had his scouts out all over the world since he took over looking out for them and wouldnt be surprised to see an unheard of coming in and doing well.

Xavier is better than Hughes and Ferguson on a loan deal perhaps could boost the squad.

The way I see it is the players we really want are not going to be an option untill summer so getting some decent experianced players in to maintain a decent league finish is the way we are likely to go.

are we talking about Abel Xavier? christ on a bike :shock: were supposed to be looking upwards.

Barry Ferguson! found out at blackburn for the overated scotish tit that he is?

I agree it does look solid, but where are the goals going to come from?

The front 3 did well enough in the first part of the season. Will be good enough unitll the summer when we can get REAL quality in.

Not impressed with the players we have been linked with so far.

Agree 100%.

Not that I'm expecting a Ronaldinho, but a 34 year old Boro cast off and a Rangers/Blackburn reject aren't exactly scintillating propositions are they?

Its all well and good saying we should be buying top quality for millions but if the clubs dont want to sell and the players dont want to come then you have to go for lesser players that will push us into a position of being able to attract the top quality players. I'll fully support who MON brings in and wont jump on Randys back if its not the top quality we are all hoping for. That WILL come eventually.

Blimey that defence looks a bit dodgy IMO and I'd have Davis in midfield before Ferguson.

for me id go all out to sign Shaun Wright-Phillips and Joey Barton. Both Gettable and would add so much to our midfield.

Then id go for Matty Taylor as leftback/left mid, Lucas Neill for Rightback and David Nugent for Centreforward.

I reckon all buyable and wed have a chance of gettin.

Not impressed with the players we have been linked with so far.

Maybe getting your knickers in a twist over some names conjured up by bored journalists is a little bit silly?

If the press had decided to pull the names of Gerrard and Essien out of their bullshit hat instead would that have made everything smiley again?

Then id go for Matty Taylor as leftback/left mid, Lucas Neill for Rightback and David Nugent for Centreforward.

Why would Portsmouth sell their best player?

for me id go all out to sign Shaun Wright-Phillips and Joey Barton. Both Gettable and would add so much to our midfield.

See all of those names above to me are gettable and would add to the team. Thats more like the range of players we should be (If we aren't already) looking at.