Jan transfer window - rumours, speculation & suggestions

OnePablo

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Its all over the papers up here that Barry Ferguson will be MON's first signing of the transfer window.

Ive already voiced my concerns over this guy ,, but i suppose mon knows a lot more about footy than me

I hope not, we dont need more players for the centre at the moment, we should really be concentrating on getting in the wide players and a striker before anything else is done!

I doubt you'd feel the same if McCann was currently injured/suspended tbh.

We do need another DM, if the opportunity has come up for O'Neill to get one now then he should. Agree that RM is our biggest priority though.

Its all over the papers up here that Barry Ferguson will be MON's first signing of the transfer window.

Ive already voiced my concerns over this guy ,, but i suppose mon knows a lot more about footy than me

I hope not, we dont need more players for the centre at the moment, we should really be concentrating on getting in the wide players and a striker before anything else is done!

Not true IMO. We need cover for Gav. We look desperate without him in the team. Despite the decent number of central players in the midfield, no one else effectively covers his job.

On talksport this morning they had a reporter from the Scottish press on and he said we have been in contact with Rangers about Ferguson already, I must say i'd be ok with us signing him, He didn't do too badly at Blackburn after he got over the injury and i'd liken him to Petrov to be honest, The talent is obviously there he just needs time to settle, For me Ferguson is a step up in class from Mccann as he's very good going forward as well as tough in the tackle and he's a leader which we badly miss,

UtV

If we are to push forward we need a better version of McCann, not a cover for him.

Easy as that.

McCann is a good player, but he will never be great and I think you all know that.

Joey Barton isn't exactly the same kind of player, but much better... and cheap?

Ferguson .n theory could be a cracking signing but doubts exist on his ability to play for anyone except his beloved Rangers and I have read that the stuff this week could be a powerplay against Le Guen and Ferguson has no intentions of leaving

I doubt you'd feel the same if McCann was currently injured/suspended tbh.

We do need another DM, if the opportunity has come up for O'Neill to get one now then he should. Agree that RM is our biggest priority though.

I agree totally, but surely the priority is to get the wide players as has been discussed and also the striker, the places we are desperately short of ideas in.. If McCann got injured, Petrov is there on standby, he has the capabilities to fill that role for a short period of time, and we also have Ozzy and Gardner.

This kind of buy should be left till the summer IMO.

Central midfielders ;

McCann

Petrov

Davis

Gardner

Osbourne

Left sided midfielders ;

Barry

Whittingham

Right sided midfielders ;

None

Given that MON prefers Barry at left back and Whittingham isn't good enough, then I'd be happy to see Ferguson arrive at Villa Park as long as it's at a press conference with two wide midfielders.

I'm not sure I'd want Xavier even if he was an improvement on Hughes. He is 34 years old. Unless we get him free then I say leave him up there.

Our midfield is the problem especially with Barry not playing their, he is the only one who can cross a good ball and this seems like the only way we can score (apart from penalties). We never open teams up with an incisive pass or neat build up play. We need two new full backs and a right winger at least. So Barry can be freed to play LM and have a whole new right side as Hughes is awful and we don’t actually have a right winger. This is why players like angel do not score. He has no service, he is lucky to get one chance a game. I understand why he never runs into the box because the deliveries aren’t good enough