Jan transfer window - rumours, speculation & suggestions

OnePablo

Don't think Cahill will go to Chelsea, hes developing well here, and has every chance to make himself a regular, seems to have overtaken Ridge lately. Would be gutted to see him go, love to get SWP tho.

If Chelsea agreed to Cahill+cash for SWP would you do the deal if that was the only way of getting SWP ?

We can't be selling our best players, and thats the end of it.

Cahill isn't one of our best players but there's a damn good chance he'll become one in 3 or 4 years.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rumours are of a double press conference tomorrow, rumour mill is in overdrive and unfortunately Harewoods name keeps coming up.

He's being booed by West Ham fans at the minute, I really think he is absolute shite and it summed us up last season that he scored a hat trick against us :cry:

Where did you pull that one from???? :?:

Villa Park, bit of a rumour fest going on at the minute :winkold:

Really hope its not harewood, Ferguson would def improve the squad and when settled the team. Would be happy if its Ferguson and SWP, can see MON signing Harewood, the new Heskey? Marlon if its you, please prove me wrong very wrong.

ok

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/display.var.1098280.0.0.php

BARRY FERGUSON was offered a return to the English Premiership within hours of being stripped of the Rangers captaincy by manager Paul Le Guen.

But the shell-shocked midfielder will not rush into a hasty decision as he comes to terms with the Ne'erday move by the Frenchman that has rocked Ibrox.

As the 28-year-old prepared to attend today's SPL clash at Motherwell as a supporter his agent, John Viola, arrived in Glasgow from his base in Dubai.

Viola will now hold emergency talks with chairman Sir David Murray, who is believed to be cutting short a holiday in France to deal with the crisis that has erupted between his under-pressure manager and captain.

Viola was quickly informed of interest from three Premiership sides - said to be Everton, Newcastle and Aston Villa - as news of Le Guen's amazing decision broke yesterday at around 3pm.

However, Ferguson - who spent last night with his family as Le Guen's actions sunk in - is well aware that the manager himself could be close to the axe if results don't improve and fans turn on him after yesterday's dramatic developments.

He will, therefore, await the outcome of talks with Murray before deciding on the next move, mindful that he has until the end of the month to make a decision.

During that period, Rangers face tricky matches after today's crunch at Fir Park which include a Scottish Cup tie away at Dunfermline, and a home SPL game against Hearts.

A source close to the Ferguson camp would also not rule out a loan move elsewhere until the end of the season.

That would allow the Scotland captain to remain a Rangers player should Le Guen's troubled time end in the interim.

And, while England would appear his likely destination if he does indeed move, Ferguson's family have no desire to leave Scotland again after getting their dream return ticket when his 2003 £7.5m move to Blackburn turned sour, and he re-signed for Rangers two years ago for £4.5m. Ferguson was called to Le Guen's office at Murray Park before the scheduled 2.30pm training session.

He was informed that he was dropped from the squad for Motherwell, and that he was no longer the club captain. Gavin Rae was then appointed as his replacement.

Ferguson then went into the dressing room, emptied his locker, and told stunned team-mates that he was on the transfer list and would not play for Rangers again while Le Guen was in charge.

The club refused to confirm whether he was officially up for sale, and released a carefully worded statement that read: "Paul Le Guen has confirmed that he has chosen, on this occasion, to drop Barry Ferguson for tomorrow's game and the captaincy will be given to Gavin Rae."

Le Guen will reveal why he made the stunning decision after today's game at Fir Park.

But it is believed he sees Ferguson as the disruptive influence in the dressing room and a player that has to be removed.

It is understood Le Guen told his chairman that it was either him or Ferguson, although Murray has yet to break cover and comment as his club implodes.

Le Guen and Ferguson have never seen eye to eye. But the midfielder was happy to play for the club he loves and has been Rangers' best player in recent months.

They clashed over several minor issues from the very start, and then had the public disagreement over the importance of the captaincy two weeks ago.

The personal differences between them are now irreconcilable.

And it appears that one of them - most likely Ferguson unless Murray refuses to back his manager - will be on their way.

lThomas Buffel has been linked with a £1.5m move to AZ Alkmaar, while young striker Moses Ashikodi has joined Watford.

Where has this Harewood rumour come from?

Express & Star I think initially and I know a couple of lads on the door of the North Stand have said the same thing, just hope they are very very very wrong

Would be a very quick move if he comes, be happy with him tho.

Good shout on McBride, not the name we crave but solid addition to the squad, but isn't he around 33-34 yrs old?

This Harewood one seems to have come out of nowhere.

He is abit shit and hope we don't sign him.

But until he has failed under MON then abit harsh to dismiss.

I think that is spot on, including the 'a bit shit' analysis. By that I mean he aint completely useless and can be pretty decent on occasion, but does have a tendancy to be very crap sometimes.

But if he is on the way, well... to be fair I reckon Heskey played his best football under MO'N, could be the same kind of thing I guess.

To be honest it would take a signing of Djemba-Djemba proportions to make me completely pessimistic about someone!

If Harewood does come, and he is a MON type of player, it would suggest we have some wingers lined up as hes pretty useful in the air, and whatever I think, MON knows a hell of a lot more than me so I'll bow to his btter judgement.

Interesting times..