Jan transfer window - rumours, speculation & suggestions

OnePablo

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think once there is one major transfer from a club in the premiership then a whole number will happen

Beacause it will spark competition between clubs or because the selling club will spend the money and spark a chain of transfers?

It does seem very quiet so far. Not many solid links even, which is surprising considering the number of clubs with funds compared to recent years.

Both really Grant.

As to the quietness so far, due mainly to games being played yesterday I would guess and people wanting to keep a squad together for that, I'd expect movements to begin after tonight

He is also aggressive and that has been a very huge mistake for Villa to take away...we look like small pussycats alongside lions sometime and everyone knows what that means.

Whilst i dont disagree it's missing from the side, I dont think Hendrie would make the slightest difference.

I'd take Barton over Ferguson tbh. I think you'd sign Ferguson hoping he could be as influential as Barton but knowing that he's had one stab and failed.

Also if we signed him and Le Guen was sacked after, i think he'd want to go back.

Both really Grant.

As to the quietness so far, due mainly to games being played yesterday I would guess and people wanting to keep a squad together for that, I'd expect movements to begin after tonight

Still think Micah Richards is going to sign Rich?

:winkold:

Abel Xavier or Neptune King of the sea to give him his proper title has some sort of clause in his contract which allows him to walk out of Middlesbrough in January.

I'm not sure if this is on a free or for a fee, but it's very generous of Boro to offer this clause to a player they picked up from a drug ban and offered a lifeline to. He'd have to have absolutely no sense of honour, pride, duty or respect to just walk out on them after that.

Expect him to sign tomorrow then.

Its all over the papers up here that Barry Ferguson will be MON's first signing of the transfer window.

Ive already voiced my concerns over this guy ,, but i suppose mon knows a lot more about footy than me

Yep, if O'Neill wants him then I trust him totally, but I wouldn't have chosen him personally.

But then I said that about Sutton, and he's been a good signing IMO.

Its all over the papers up here that Barry Ferguson will be MON's first signing of the transfer window.

Ive already voiced my concerns over this guy ,, but i suppose mon knows a lot more about footy than me

I hope not, we dont need more players for the centre at the moment, we should really be concentrating on getting in the wide players and a striker before anything else is done!