Jan transfer window - rumours, speculation & suggestions

OnePablo

What about Leighton Baines at Wigan? I think he is 'buyable', a good young prospect and would enable Barry to play in midfield.

He is their club captain. They know exactly how promising he is. Would cost a fortune. I'd prefer Gareth Bale tbh.

Bale is being chased by the big boys now, probably gone out of our league.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On the Bale situation. He will have seen from Theo Walcott that going to a top club might not be the thing to do. Lets face it he would go straight into our team. He wouldn’t be on the bench for Man U or Real Madrid. So it depends entirely on his mindset.

If we're looking for a West Ham striker maybe we should gamble on the injured, but soon to be recovered, Dean Ashton.

Would be ideal. Although reports at the weekend said it would be closer to the end of the season before he was playing again. Would be ideal to pick up in the summer once Wet Spam go down.

If we're looking for a West Ham striker maybe we should gamble on the injured, but soon to be recovered, Dean Ashton.

Would be ideal. Although reports at the weekend said it would be closer to the end of the season before he was playing again. Would be ideal to pick up in the summer once Wet Spam go down.

No we'll be picking up the relegated Ashley Young, the relegated Darren Bent & the relegated Mark Schwarzer in the summer :) (I don't want Schwarzer I just want Boro down :))

I would be very disappointed if we signed Marlon Harewood.

Ditto, but our league position in a way dictates who we sign. We can't get defoe or Keane. Nugent will be staying at Preston to help promotion, as it would be stupid for them to sell him, and risk the massive loss in revenue not gained by going up.

Bent is injured, and there really aren't many strikers out in Europe who would adapt to the PL in such a quick time.

So as far as short term fixes go, he will do. certainly better than JPA anyway.

i would be gutted if we signed him, even if we bought a good striker on the same day as well like defoe/keane/bent

it would rub salt in the wounds if that then paved the way for bent to go the hammers

as someone mentioned earlier about davids, i would love it if we got him on loan, hsi experience for the youngsters would be invaluable, and he would be a wow signing IMO even if he is getting on abit

Didn't Harewood score 18 goals last season?

Better than JPA and Baros combined.

Ugly F*cker though.

First Davids hair and now Harewoods looks, Do these guys have to win a beauty pageant in order to win your approval? :lol:

Harewood done very well last seaon but i'd prefer us to go for the likes of Carew and Klasic to be honest,

UtV

I would be very disappointed if we signed Marlon Harewood.

As would I to be honest.

But my disappointment would be tempered by the fact that I trust the manager's judgement

i dunno

do you HAVE to have a medical before you join a club?

because i don't really see the point in them, its not like bent or keane are going to be out for the rest of there careers

You don't, but its advisable that you do because if the injury is career threatening this could affect the transfer fee and any insurance. Look at small heath and Forssel as a prime example. Everton had to turn down the transfer because of his inury and he has hardly played a game for small heath since.

If someone buys Bent under similar circumstances, it could blow a large chunk of the transfer budget and mena you have a crocked player for several months.

i dunno

do you HAVE to have a medical before you join a club?

because i don't really see the point in them, its not like bent or keane are going to be out for the rest of there careers

You don't, but its advisable that you do because if the injury is career threatening this could affect the transfer fee and any insurance. Look at small heath and Forssel as a prime example. Everton had to turn down the transfer because of his inury and he has hardly played a game for small heath since..

On the other hand, us and Laursen