Jan transfer window - rumours, speculation & suggestions

OnePablo

Ok.

I will admit I have seen Ferguson on the telly a few times. Sometimes hes been anoymous. Sometimes excellent. Thats both for Blackburn, Rangers and Scotland. I wouldn’t call him world class. I wouldn’t call him rubbish. I would say he’s on a par with someone like Petrov, but better than Hendrie. He’s not quite the same as McCann, though he can tackle.

Therefore to read he’s shite with no backup, just seems strange. I would question his ability to play in the premier league, because of his previous and also his subsequent return to Rangers. The point is if he was available and at the right price, would he improve our squad. To which the answer, if he played to his ability is yes.

Undoubtly other positions are much much much more urgent; we need width and we need it quickly. But we know now is not the best time to buy players, and if players of his ability are available, then they cannot be dismissed out of hand.

I tend to think that its a powerplay at Rangers which may be entering an end game.

I would like to point out that most successful Villa teams have had a Jock in them; Archie Hunter onwards

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Charlton one who wants to stay up? Or Villa who have millions, a great manager, a great owner and like I said; MILLIONS to spend?

How are you so sure of that?

I don't think (quite sensibly) that we have revealed how much we will be spending this month. It could be £2 million, it could be £20 million.

I'm sure that we're looking at the right players that we need and fit into our budget. Whether that level is Abel Xavier and Phil Bardsley, or Barry Ferguson and David Nugent or Sean Wright-Phillips and Darren Bent, we'll find out.

But right now, you have no idea what level of player we're going to be looking at.

Abel Xavier and Barry Ferguson????

Which club are we?

The Charlton one who wants to stay up? Or Villa who have millions, a great manager, a great owner and like I said; MILLIONS to spend?

Well said.

Problem is it's getting those players in!....... why spend millions if you can save them for the real deals in the Summer.

Our NEEDS now are to build the squad to get as higher finish as possible, remember what the General has said this is for the LONG TERM and at some point we must first sort out the short term which is staying in the fecking division!

Reo Coker seems to be gettin alot of stick at the moment , maybe its worth putting a cheeky bid in ??

Also 3 players i'd really love us to go for are :

John O'Shea

Wes Brown

Mikael Silvestre

Man U dont seem to be playing them as much as they deserve , maybe there worth a go ??

i think its a given that we have millions to spend tbh

randys known to spend a lot for the browns and what would be the point in buying a football club if your not going to put money in, and also the general has said we will be working hard in january to bring players in and to improve the side, which involves millions

15 million i would of thought this month

but the thing is we need a lot of players, which might mean getting a few expensive ones and a few cheaper ones to bulk the squad

fergie and xavier could possibly be them cheaper ones to bulk the squad

i think if we need a left back (which we do) sureley there is one at man yoo that will become available if they sign Bale or Baines as they are tipped too............. theyve got Evra, O'Shea, Heinze, Silvestre, Richardson............. Id take Silvestre or O'Shea anyday of the week as a left back, but also they are both flexible in their positions...

well being a mid table team at the moment, we can do 2 things...

1) raid the teams lower than us of their good players, if they are struggling and facing relegation, or even get religated at the end of the season

2) raid teams higher than us of their average, back up players, who might improve us!

Abel Xavier and Barry Ferguson????

Which club are we?

**** it, if its that easy why don't we just sign Henry as we have millions and its that easy.

Nothing to do with building upto that point at all bonk.gif:

i think its a given that we have millions to spend tbh

randys known to spend a lot for the browns and what would be the point in buying a football club if your not going to put money in

Is he?

From HERE

Overview: Last year the Browns were very smart with their offseason plans, spending money in free agency on only those veterans who knew their system and could help develop the younger players.

Now I'm no gridiron expert, but I think that I can see a parallel or two.

And I'm not sure that Ferguson will be one of the cheaper buys, when he went to Blackburn it was a £7 million fee. And this long after the days of silly money in the transfer market.

well being a mid table team at the moment, we can do 2 things...

1) raid the teams lower than us of their good players, if they are struggling and facing relegation, or even get religated at the end of the season

2) raid teams higher than us of their average, back up players, who might improve us!

3) Risk foreign imports who will probably need time to settle and may not adjust but ultimately could work out better value.

Ok.

I will admit I have seen Ferguson on the telly a few times. Sometimes hes been anoymous. Sometimes excellent. Thats both for Blackburn, Rangers and Scotland. I wouldn’t call him world class. I wouldn’t call him rubbish. I would say he’s on a par with someone like Petrov, but better than Hendrie. He’s not quite the same as McCann, though he can tackle.

Therefore to read he’s shite with no backup, just seems strange. I would question his ability to play in the premier league, because of his previous and also his subsequent return to Rangers. The point is if he was available and at the right price, would he improve our squad. To which the answer, if he played to his ability is yes.

Undoubtly other positions are much much much more urgent; we need width and we need it quickly. But we know now is not the best time to buy players, and if players of his ability are available, then they cannot be dismissed out of hand.

I tend to think that its a powerplay at Rangers which may be entering an end game.

If he doesn't really want to leave Rangers and his relationship with the manager is the problem, then maybe a loan deal is on the cards.

And given the likely problems in getting exactly who we want in January, this might be a short-term measure which adds to the squad without closing off other options. Worth considering, I'd say.