Jan transfer window - rumours, speculation & suggestions

OnePablo

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh yeah, we're soon midway in to the 2nd day of the window and we haven't bought anyone yet? :shock: I knew it, I knew it! Randy is just here to screw us up. Curse him.

Still, well, that Dica would be exciting, me thinks. But on the other hand I think most signings will excite me. That's how high my expectations are atm.

Its been raised before. The two things against it are MON and his Celtic connection and probably more importantly how he doesn’t like it south of the Border. He’s now told his friends allegedly that he will never play for Rangers again, so he will get a transfer to anorther Scottish team? How many have the money necessary for signing him? Only arch rivals Celtic one would suspect or will he be like his brother (whose name escapes me) go to Hearts? He did ok at Blackburn when he came back from injury I thought. He has alot of qualities missing from our current squad, though he is injury prone. I guess we could tell him a little about our history, and how we play with a Rampant lion on our chests and a blue inspired by the Gers and he might come. (before our friends north of the border and Norway get on my back; its a bit tongue in cheek)

I dont think MONs Celtic connection would count against him that much as im sure all the years he spent there at very least they would have built up a mutual admiration.

I agree with what you said about his other options in his current league that it would be difficult for anyone to afford him never mind his personal preferences (Hearts are in a bit of turmoil at present which may put him off his only realistic Scottish option).

Of course this all depends on Le Guens fate at Rangers which are anything but rosy at present!!

Go on MON, stick in a cheeky little bid!

Go on MON, stick in a cheeky little bid!

I'm guessing that there have probably been quite a few bids (cheeky & non-cheeky) faxed across to various clubs already.

The other clubs are probably looking at these bids & discussing what they would accept, then will reject the bid. then we'll go in with a higher bid, etc...

and by Jan 31st, we will have 5 new players. 2 players from Plan A, 2 from plan B, and 1 from plan C.

Thats how its playing out in my head anyway.....

I'd rather leave Ferguson and just shift some of the other players we've got back into the middle when we've bought some wide players, namely Petrov. Especially as he didn't really cut it at Blackburn anyway.

I dont think Ferguson will give us anything extra really. Seems like a player that we already have on our books...Berson. I would rather give him a go in the team than to bring in Ferguson.

But I do think that Ferguson can be a choice for MON because he wants a leader in...someone who has experience...and Ferguson has both.

I dont think Ferguson will give us anything extra really. Seems like a player that we already have on our books...Berson. I would rather give him a go in the team than to bring in Ferguson.

But I do think that Ferguson can be a choice for MON because he wants a leader in...someone who has experience...and Ferguson has both.

bersons left us fella

bersons left us fella

Is that deal already done or is he still a Villa player? Maybe it was made in August? Ok...but I still think that Ferguson doesnt give as much as players we have now on our books. I might be wrong, but to sign Ferguson and not give Hendrie a new chance seems a little bit waste of money and time. The club needs far better players than Ferguson to compete so lets go for big boys and keep what we have that we know can do good for the club. Hendrie isnt a world beater, but I miss his passion for Villa and his game when he plays good. He is also aggressive and that has been a very huge mistake for Villa to take away...we look like small pussycats alongside lions sometime and everyone knows what that means.

bersons left us fella

Is that deal already done or is he still a Villa player? Maybe it was made in August? Ok...but I still think that Ferguson doesnt give as much as players we have now on our books. I might be wrong, but to sign Ferguson and not give Hendrie a new chance seems a little bit waste of money and time. The club needs far better players than Ferguson to compete so lets go for big boys and keep what we have that we know can do good for the club. Hendrie isnt a world beater, but I miss his passion for Villa and his game when he plays good. He is also aggressive and that has been a very huge mistake for Villa to take away...we look like small pussycats alongside lions sometime and everyone knows what that means.

You cant really compare Hendrie and Ferguson as players as they are so very different, and right now we need what Ferguson can bring to the table more!

I am by no means saying he is the perfect option but he would seem to be available which is the be all and end all this window!

I am a bit dubious about him myself as a long term option if you take into account his (albiet limited) time at Blackburn and the fact they are in a 'lesser' league, however a lot of the rangers fans see him as there one world class player. Considering they have seen one or two class players go through their team this may be worth taking note of.