Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

wedge

Expect Heskey and Albrighton back in for Bannan and Weimann. Maybe Zog instead, if he's fit.

Liverpool will view this as ideal fixture to get over their dodgy form. We should feel likewise, but unfortunately McLeish will have the attitude that a draw is best we can hope for and we have to save ourselves for home game against Stoke, which he will be even more afraid of losing.

On the official site it says Weimann is out as is Zog and Cuellar - with only Hutton likely to come back and he is the only player Lichaj did a good job replacing.

Heskey will end up back in his headless donkey role of playing somewhere in-between midfield, defence and attack that offers no-one around him any use at all.

I can't predict the full team at all, all i know is we will end up with players hopelessly playing out of position and lose by a large amount, with Downing scoring and King Dickhead and their supporters acting like they've won the Champion's League.

With the latest injury news I expect us to line up as follows

..................Given

Hutton.Collins.Baker.Warnock

Albrighton.Gardner.Herd.Gabby

.................Ireland

.................Heskey

Would snap anyone's hand off for a point!

Heskey if you want to give us a going away present do it on Saturday score a goal or two.. I know it's gonna be hard and I know the goal is small but we need something, anything. If you aren't going to contribute would you ask McLeish to start with Ireland and Gabby upfront.. Ireland has better finishing than you.

..................Given

.................Ireland

.................Heskey

Same, except I wonder if he might put Hutton at CB rather than Baker. Lichaj did more than Baker to keep his spot and I've a feeling Hutton has covered CB here and there in his career.

Heskey's going to start? There goes any hope of getting some points. No disrespect to Emile, but we effectively blay with 10 men with him...wherever he's playing.

Also found this quote from RAWK interesting.

Quote from: El_Pistolero on April 3, 2012, 03:05:36 PM

Seen Villa? They're shit and most of their team is injured.

good job they're playing us then. if they could pick anyone to play right now it would be us.

dreading this to be honest. the atmosphere's gonna be terrible.

..................Given

.................Ireland

.................Heskey

I can see this being another game where we create nothing and don't have a shot on target

It's a question of how many Liverpool score

At least the media are starting to get in on the act now:

Liverpool v Aston Villa

Both these sides are bottom of the form table after a miserable run.

All season, I've been saying how Liverpool do not score enough goals or create enough chances and that they do not get enough men into the opposition's box.

The saving grace was that they were good defensively but for the last three or four games they have been ordinary at the back and I think the message is that Reds boss Kenny Dalglish is missing Glen Johnson and Daniel Agger.

Villa come into this match in danger of being sucked into the relegation battle and the bad news about Stiliyan Petrov's illness does not help.

Are they missing injured England striker Darren Bent up front? Yes and no. Bent gets you goals but I just think Villa are very negative.

If they had been more of an attacking team then they would be about 10 points better off, but Alex McLeish has his way of playing and he has not really unleashed the players he has got who can win games.

If Villa do come forward at Anfield, we might get to find out how good Liverpool's stand-in keeper Alexander Doni is before his side's FA Cup semi-final against Everton on 14 April.

Pepe Reina's three-game suspension means all eyes will be on Doni here, and he needs a solid display to ensure the spotlight on him does not intensify for that tie at Wembley.

Prediction: 2-0

Lawro's Predictions

Like CI, I think it will be 4-0 to Liverpool.

Both teams are definitely in shit order.

The only difference I can see is that Liverpoo have an embarrasement of goalscorers.....and we don't. In fact, if they can't bag a hatful against us, with the likes of Suarez, Carroll and Gerrard etc, then they really are in a bad place.

We, unfortunately, have the awesome talent that is Heskey and Gabby, should he choose to have a good day.

I truly expect a very one-sided affair. But if its not and the unimagineable happens, then I'll be stuffing that humble pie away like nobodys business.

..................Given

.................Ireland

.................Heskey

That really is a poor team and has relegation written all over it.

The most comfortable victory that Liverpool will have all season. A shame because a manager capable of motivating a team and a belief that we could win the game would have a great chance in Liverpool's current vulnerable state.

ive never been more sure of a defeat...

we will bend over and take it up the arse just so liverpool can get a bit of confidence back...

our starting eleven has relegation written all over it...

i wanna see 442 and at least give it a go....

Given, Lichaj,Hutton,Collins,Warnock,Albrighton,Herd,Ireland,Bannan,Gabby,Fat lump

3-0 defeat

---------------------Given--------------------

Hutton------Collins------Baker-----Warnock

--------------Herd--------Gardner-------------

Albrighton--------Ireland-------------Bannan

------------------Agbonlahor------------------

We've a lot missing, I think even a good manager would struggle even against a Liverpool in their current form.