Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

wedge

---------------------Given--------------------

Hutton------Collins------Baker-----Warnock

--------------Herd--------Gardner-------------

Albrighton--------Ireland-------------Bannan

------------------Agbonlahor------------------

We've a lot missing, I think even a good manager would struggle even against a Liverpool in their current form.

i really don't fancy baker against Carroll or suarez

I really wish I believed we will get something from this game, nothing to do with the ability of our lads or ability of liverpools team. It's just Mcleish's ineptitude and defeatist ways that stop me believing.

Hope the away fans are in good spirits.

---------------------Given--------------------

Hutton------Collins------Baker-----Warnock

--------------Herd--------Gardner-------------

Albrighton--------Ireland-------------Bannan

------------------Agbonlahor------------------

We've a lot missing, I think even a good manager would struggle even against a Liverpool in their current form.

Swap the back line around and I would go with that.

Lichaj-----Hutton-----Collins-----Warnock

I can see us losing this 4 or 5 nil. That team looks painfully average

If we lose I can only see it being by one goal. Liverpool are shockingly terrible at the moment. Remember Wigan turned them over at Klanfield a couple of weeks ago.

I predict a ridiculously boring 1-1.

I can see us losing this 4 or 5 nil. That team looks painfully average
Surely a team that is painfully average would only lose by a small margin at worst? Remember, Liverpool are in terrible form themselves.

I'm going for a 2-1 win for Villa today.. I just believe our fortunes have to turn at some point and the last time we faced an extremely out of form side we won 3-1. I know we have a lot of injury's but I still think we have enough quality to see off Liverpool today. Trying to be optimistic..

It's a difficult one for us.

Look at our squad, their combined playing experience and value vs Liverpools, like Chelsea there is a huge gulf.

Of course Liverpools form is terrible and it gives us a chance to have a go, our best bet lies in playing to our strength ( nominally ) which I think is our attack when utilised rightly ( and ok that has NOT happened this year under you-know-who ) and if we go for it, it's more likely to succeed than inviting pressure onto a defence that has played so few games together as a unit it won't provide anywhere near the level of solidity shown by newcastle last week.

liverpool will have a lot of the ball, they will. They can pass all day long generally, but they have little penetrative thrust ( ooh- er etc ) so pressing hard and frustrating them is also another tactic, but we can't do it the whole game, so treating this as a bonus game with preparation for stoke's must get points from game, let's have a go, and if we lose 3-1 at least we've tried, and tbh as much as there's enough reason to criticise the "manager" losing in and of itself away to a side which is ludicriously more expensive and experienced is not shameful. But as per, it comes down to the manner it happens. So let's have a **** go.

Anyway, I shall optimistically plump for a 2-2, though more likely a 2-1 loss.

I have a feeling this could be quite a hammering against us today. Liverpool haven't played bad during their poor run, they've just been insanely unlucky and only inidividual errors have let them down. I do hope I'm wrong but I can only see a loss today. Liverpool will play wide Football, the kind of game we can't defend. Along with the amount of players we have out at the moment. Terrible feeling about this one.

I would take the most boring 0-0 ever right now if I had the chance. And before anyone asks, no I'm not Alex Mcleish....lol.

Its all about points on the board now,I just think we could get hammered today. So would be more than happy to take a point.

Normally I wouldn't miss a Villa game but I can't be bothered today, I know what McLeish will serve up. Gonna play some badminton instead, guaranteed to be much more fun.

I would take the most boring 0-0 ever right now

Well you can bet that McLeish's intention is for a boring 0-0 as that is the extent of his ambition. However, we will be lucky to get nil today.