Todays Budget

b6bloke

I'm sure that it won't be long unil we hear the cries of "ideological cuts", "tax cuts for the rich" etc etc etc.

I thought you would want tax cuts for the rich? It would make your neck of the woods quieter? :lol:

Quite the opposite. I'm hoping for a new 95p super tax.

The change in age related personal allowance brings back memories of Gordo and his 10% tax debacle.

On the HMRC assessment of the top rate, if £16 billion or so of income was moved to the year before the change happened then might it not be sensible to imagine that the notice given of the decrease to 45% today would mean that a similar amount of income will be deferred from 12/13 to 13/14?

The change in age related personal allowance brings back memories of Gordo and his 10% tax debacle.

On the HMRC assessment of the top rate, if £16 billion or so of income was moved to the year before the change happened then might it not be sensible to imagine that the notice given of the decrease to 45% today would mean that a similar amount of income will be deferred from 12/13 to 13/14?

Just had that very thought.

If that is what was happening and he's so against such things as he vociferously stated, then **** put a stop to the loopholes you utter dickhead

+5% duty on fags, equating to +37p per packet from 6pm today - good news. All those filthy smokers deserve to be punished tbqh :)

How long is it going to be til Ciggis are £10 for a pack of 20?

They must be nearly £8 a pack now with this recent increase.

Chancellor George Osborne has announced which cities will benefit from a £100m pot of Treasury cash aimed at making them "super-connected".

These are London, Edinburgh, Belfast, Cardiff, Birmingham, Bradford, Bristol, Leeds, Manchester and Newcastle.

So, the usual suspects, then. All the money goes to the big regional megacities.

Hang on a minute... Bradford? BRADFORD??? WTF??????? :shock:

Chancellor George Osborne has announced which cities will benefit from a £100m pot of Treasury cash aimed at making them "super-connected".

These are London, Edinburgh, Belfast, Cardiff, Birmingham, Bradford, Bristol, Leeds, Manchester and Newcastle.

So, the usual suspects, then. All the money goes to the big regional megacities.

Thats going to really piss the scouse off. :lol:

Easier to tap into the communications between radical Islam cells?

It would save the cost of having aircraft buzzing around overhead 24/7.

I listened to him and Balls on 5-live this morning (It was quite noticeable that the presenters gave Balls a bit of a kicking whilst giving Osborne an easy ride .. There does seem to be a real anti labour bias to all their presenters)

He didn't strike me as being that bothered about newspaper headlines tbh ... of course I smell a rat about the timing of GSK's announcement but on paper it looked a good budget... But I don't really expect you to say it was anything other than a disaster , sucking up to his friends etc

One thing that is puzzling me though is since when did £150k a year salary make you a millionaire ..

Â