Todays Budget

b6bloke

The opposition have been doing that kind of thing since the Greeks invented democracy 2500 years ago. It's not really fair to single Balls out for it.

did balls do his usual trick of pointing out plenty of problems whilst offering absolutely no solutions?

Yep.. Think that was why they rounded on him .. He's not as good at avoiding questions and lying as Blair was that's for sure

After a 5 minute rant about it being a millionaires budget , A simple question put to him "if elected would you reinstate the 50p tax rate" and he spent 5 minutes squirming without offering an answer...

did balls do his usual trick of pointing out plenty of problems whilst offering absolutely no solutions?

Yep.. Think that was why they rounded on him .. He's not as good at avoiding questions and lying as Blair was that's for sure

After a 5 minute rant about it being a millionaires budget , A simple question put to him "if elected would you reinstate the 50p tax rate" and he spent 5 minutes squirming without offering an answer...

In fairness the question was an obvious trap. You ask any politician to go on record and promise something specific in three years time and they won't.

The problem here is that Mr Testicle has the wit and dexterity of someone elses turd. He is paid a very taxable income to anticipate that sort of question and deliver a plausible answer. But he's too stuck in his clunking fist self obsessed ways to see this coming.

Politics is in a real slump. All sides (except Plaid).

I listened to him and Balls on 5-live this morning (It was quite noticeable that the presenters gave Balls a bit of a kicking whilst giving Osborne an easy ride .. There does seem to be a real anti labour bias to all their presenters)

Strange, I hear quite the opposite. Anything whatsoever this government do and their line of questioning goes "but this is totally stupid isn't it?" "but surely this will never work" "wouldn't it be far better to do (opposite point to whatever is proposed)"

I listened to him and Balls on 5-live this morning (It was quite noticeable that the presenters gave Balls a bit of a kicking whilst giving Osborne an easy ride .. There does seem to be a real anti labour bias to all their presenters)

Strange, I hear quite the opposite. Anything whatsoever this government do and their line of questioning goes "but this is totally stupid isn't it?" "but surely this will never work" "wouldn't it be far better to do (opposite point to whatever is proposed)"

Maybe they do it to both parties in true BBC fashion of being impartial ? I just though they gave Osborne an easier ride than They gave balls

also we are going to get rapped on petrol again i predict :(

I said a hip hop the hippie the hippie

to the hip hip hop, a you dont stop

It doesn’t seem that long ago

A litre was less than a pound.

It’s now somewhere around extortion;

The price we pay to get around.

the rock it to the bang bang boogie say up jumped the boogie

to the rhythm of the boogie, the beat

Shamelessly stolen for facebook :D

well, the got round to a minimun price on alcohol. good. but why wasn't it announced on wednesday?

This policy is absolutely barking mad imo

I vote for Tony.

I'm sure May claimed that this thing they are calling 'preloading' was something new. I could have sworn we used to do that twenty odd years ago when 'binge drinking was also called 'drinking'.

I think tryin to reduce fuel duty will be a false benefit to consumers. Surely the oil companies will just swallow any saving this soul make fonts consumer?

I agree about them focusing on raising tax threshold for earners and looking at cutting tax directly onto the salary packet. It's really the only direct saving a government can undertake along with raising state pension and council tax cuts.

If they cut VAT in this climate you'd find many companies holdin prices to try an make a bit more money to stay alive.

I think the budget was okay tbh. A balance of good an bad. Most moderate families will benefit about £200 plus a year so unless they drive A LOT the fuel duty rise won't impact much. The issue is oil prices. Thus be better of dealing with Syria tbh. That has pushed up prices since it began.

Either that or they should do a world "work from home month" where the entire uk workforce who work in offices could work from home. Drive down demand for a month. Would that do much?

well, the got round to a minimun price on alcohol. good. but why wasn't it announced on wednesday?

This policy is absolutely barking mad imo

I vote for Tony.

I'm sure May claimed that this thing they are calling 'preloading' was something new. I could have sworn we used to do that twenty odd years ago when 'binge drinking was also called 'drinking'.

Speaking as someone who will be drinking himself to oblivion and beyond later, I agree with these wise gentlemen.

Â