Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

Zatman

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

Graham Hunter as reliable as Balague on football, thinks he will walk at end of season citing exhaustion

I'd imagine he'd want to go to a bigger club, such as Juve. One things for sure is that time and time again he's getting tactically found out in the Champions League, not so easy when you don't have the best player in the world and one of the best midfields in history behind him.

23 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Going to sound bizarre but is Aguero underrated. He gets none of the acclaim Salah, Kane  etc get. Consistent 20 goals a season yet has only once ever made team of the year

That's not bizarre at all. He doesn't get half the love Rashford or Salah get yet he is a much better and more consistent player than both of them.

Its because city isn't a media darling to as big of an extent.

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Going to sound bizarre but is Aguero underrated. He gets none of the acclaim Salah, Kane  etc get. Consistent 20 goals a season yet has only once ever made team of the year

Not sure this is true. He’s widely regarded as one of the greatest strikers in Premier League history. If anything, I think he’s underachieved goalscoring wise at Man City in any case given the attacking prowess that the team has possessed and continues to possess. 

Kane is both English and has been golden boot winner for 2 out of the last 3 PL seasons and at the World Cup. Salah scored more league goals last season than anyone else has in a 20 team English top flight. It’s easy to see why they’ve been praised more recently.

2 hours ago, sne said:

England and Argentina still a bit of a sore spot?

I think they still hate us and obsess over the Falklands still.  I dont think there is animosity from us to them in football terms, I love Messi and Aguero and their national team goes from the sublime to the ridiculous and is always like watching a soap opera.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I think they still hate us and obsess over the Falklands still.  I dont think there is animosity from us to them in football terms, I love Messi and Aguero and their national team goes from the sublime to the ridiculous and is always like watching a soap opera.

Bet some are still pissed about that Maradona goal and the Beckham sending off as well :D 

2 minutes ago, sne said:

Bet some are still pissed about that Maradona goal and the Beckham sending off as well :D 

Makes me wonder when we played them last.  I remember a game where Owen scored a hattrick but that must be years ago.  Surprised we've not played them much as we seem to have played most of the other big nations regularly.

10 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Makes me wonder when we played them last.  I remember a game where Owen scored a hattrick but that must be years ago.  Surprised we've not played them much as we seem to have played most of the other big nations regularly.

just looking there and have only played each other 4 times since the Hand of God and two of them at World Cup. Maybe is a bit of needle somewhere between the FA's though Argentina play a few friendlies a year in Uk

• Like 1

I would lazily say aguero has struggled with fitness and injuries and plays about 75% of city's games and never feels as key to their success as say Kane or Henry or shearer

City being city if they didn't have him would they be shit? No, would they have some other world class striker? Probably

He doesn't feel as irreplaceable as some other top strikers, I also don't find him that exciting to watch, he's not an Henry or bergkamp for example, he'll get you goals but is anyone really going to be excited about watching him play? Not for me, same as say van nistlerooy or hasselbaink, proper goalscorer, bit of a boring player compared to others thoutlgh

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

I would lazily say aguero has struggled with fitness and injuries and plays about 75% of city's games and never feels as key to their success as say Kane or Henry or shearer

City being city if they didn't have him would they be shit? No, would they have some other world class striker? Probably

He doesn't feel as irreplaceable as some other top strikers, I also don't find him that exciting to watch, he's not an Henry or bergkamp for example, he'll get you goals but is anyone really going to be excited about watching him play? Not for me, same as say van nistlerooy or hasselbaink, proper goalscorer, bit of a boring player compared to others thoutlgh

a bit harsh, only Hazard has been involved in more goals all season in the top flight. They also tried to replace him with Jesus but he doesnt seem up to it yet, also is not many better forwards in football and certainly not many available

He is 7th on Premier League top scorer list and should be 3rd by the end of next season injuries permitting. Nobody with 100 goals or more has a better goals to game ratio

• Like 1

Aguero for me is the second best premier League striker behind henry

How many south Americans have consistently delivered the goods in the prem, I can't think of many especially not strikers.

7 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

Aguero for me is the second best premier League striker behind henry

How many south Americans have consistently delivered the goods in the prem, I can't think of many especially not strikers.

Tough choice that!  I think I'd give Aguero the edge over Henry, Drogba worth a mention but I never really enjoyed watching him play.

Yep. Liverpool could finish with 97 points and not win the title, it would be the third highest points tally in history and they'd still be accused of 'bottling it'. 

Â