Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

ClaretMahoney

I know there have been some over the top and crazy suggestions of suitable punishment if/when 115y are found guilty of fraud.

So what practical and realistic punishment should they get if/when found guilty?, bearing in mind the punishment has to act as a deterrent to other clubs thinking of doing the same?

For example a transfer ban and no European footy for a season, a 10 point ban and a fine of a million quid is no way near enough of a deterrent in my opinion.

I think they will get away with it ....too much money at stake as well as interference by the UK government and vested interests in the middle east.

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, delboy54 said:

So what practical and realistic punishment should they get if/when found guilty?

25 point deduction for one season and a transfer ban for two windows. The PL will want to make it look like they are punishing them without actually harming them too badly. They might have to work to get a CL place one season or miss out for one season. Of the 115 charges they'll probably only be found guilty of 5 - 10. 

Edited by villa89
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, villa89 said:

25 point deduction for one season and a transfer ban for two windows. The PL will want to make it look like they are punishing them without actually harming them too badly. They might have to work to get a CL place one season or miss out for one season. Of the 115 charges they'll probably only be found guilty of 5 - 10. 

A 25-point deduction this season would have seen them finish only 2 points behind us 🤣

1 minute ago, villa89 said:

I think measures should be in place to prevent them from winning anything for a long time, e.g.  a 60 point deduction reset at the start of each season for 10 years, a transfer ban for 5 years and not allowed to enter any domestic cups for 5 years.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, duke313 said:

A 25-point deduction this season would have seen them finish only 2 points behind us 🤣

Yeah I agree, not enough punishment to prevent them continuing their dodgy stuff or other clubs copying them

1 minute ago, delboy54 said:

I think measures should be in place to prevent them from winning anything for a long time, e.g.  a 60 point deduction reset at the start of each season for 10 years, a transfer ban for 5 years and not allowed to enter any domestic cups for 5 years.

This would be a just punishment, therefore will never happen.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Exactly. Anyone expecting a pound of flesh is going to be very disappointed. The PL want city spending money and bringing stars like haaland into the league. 

As much as I want the book thrown at them, I sadly can't see it, the Premier is a brand & probably the best brand football wise in the world & Man city spear head that brand, you wipe them out & relegate them into championship, league 1 or 2 the brand will take an almoght hit in my view. But hey ho here's hoping 🤞

Proper punishment would be 5 year transfer ban, relegation to League 2, 10 year 30 point deduction, £500 million fine, all achievements null and void. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, delboy54 said:

I know there have been some over the top and crazy suggestions of suitable punishment if/when 115y are found guilty of fraud.

So what practical and realistic punishment should they get if/when found guilty?, bearing in mind the punishment has to act as a deterrent to other clubs thinking of doing the same?

For example a transfer ban and no European footy for a season, a 10 point ban and a fine of a million quid is no way near enough of a deterrent in my opinion.

I think they will get away with it ....too much money at stake as well as interference by the UK government and vested interests in the middle east.

They cheated over multiple seasons to leapfrog many teams, to the position where they are now.

A 40 point deduction is nothing, will only affect them for 1 season.

If they cheated for 7 seasons the points deductions for each breach should be spread over the amount of seasons they cheated. AKA 30 points per season for 7 seasons. This will cripple them, and bring them back into line with where they should be (Everton, West Ham etc).

• Like 1

19 hours ago, delboy54 said:

As I've said before, if they're *actually* found to have engaged in a decade-long conspiracy to engage in materially misstating their accounts and then trying to hide it,  the question of criminal prosecution for any UK-based officials might arise, and the most important punishment would not be points deductions or relegation but a forced change of ownership. This is possible - we know this, it happened to Chelsea - and could perhaps best be achieved by saying their registration for the 25/26 season will be withheld unless a sale has occurred. 

However, I'm increasingly unconvinced they will be found to have broken the rules in any or many of the charges. 

19 hours ago, duke313 said:

Crazy considering we were above them at the turn of the year and lthough we didn't maintain our form, it was still decent from then until the end of the season.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, VillaJ100 said:

Proper punishment would be 5 year transfer ban, relegation to League 2, 10 year 30 point deduction, £500 million fine, all achievements null and void. 

And burn down the Etihad. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

I personally think they should start the next 5 seasons on -20 points and given two windows transfer bans

This would relegate them, so probably won't happen.

2 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Crazy considering we were above them at the turn of the year and lthough we didn't maintain our form, it was still decent from then until the end of the season.

Underlines how and why they win. Our squad depth and quality meant we just couldn’t maintain the first half season form. 

City had a load of world class players on £200k/w waiting in the wings to play in the second half of the season who were fully fit and fully fresh.

It will still be another yr before they get anything, Pep will leave and that season they will then get a10-15 point deduction. New manager then has a “free pass” not to win the league that yr (and the pressure of the one replacing Pep as seen with Moyes, Emery etc). After that it will be back to norm and they’ll win it all again 

51 minutes ago, Genie said:

Underlines how and why they win. Our squad depth and quality meant we just couldn’t maintain the first half season form. 

City had a load of world class players on £200k/w waiting in the wings to play in the second half of the season who were fully fit and fully fresh.

Man City squad depth is absolute streets ahead of anything, ever in world football. Their "bench players" walk into most teams in World Football.

Nunes (wolves best player), Ake (bournemouths best player), Kovacic (won everything), Alvares (won everything), Grealish (100m+ our best player), Gvardiol (100m+ best young defender).

They could even take Leeds best player, relegate them and not play him just for the fun of it. 

• Like 2

Â