Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

ClaretMahoney

Nah, **** em. There's too many absolute scum at football grounds, and the kinds of people who chant this bollocks are almost certainly going to be the kinds of pricks who end up being pissed up, coked up rocket polishers who get angry at tiny shit. So any excuse to get rid of total **** bellends like that out of any football ground is fine by me. 

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

33 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

They were chanting "Bobby's in a box", and are facing stadium bans. They're a bunch of dickheads, but I do think the ban is a bit OTT personally. 

Guess it's a sign of how much we've progressed in general, for better or for worse I don't think anyone bats much of an eye at that 20 years ago.

Its pretty low if ask me. There is banter and then this

I dont think our fans sang similar when Trevor Francis died recently

• 4 weeks later...

The sad thing is that they have won 2 premier league titles since investigations began (I may be wrong but that's what I read this morning). In any case they need to be deducted hell of an amount with their 115 charges they have. Can't tell me that all 115 have no basis. 

Difference is, they will have all the top lawyers and find any loophole. 

City are a huge commodity to the Premier League. Their games are probably up their with the most watched around the globe with Liverpool and Man Utd. 

The PL ain't gonna do anything to kill a commercial cash cow. 

In reality, they should be hit harder than Everton, 115 possible breaches is mental and clearly indicates a lot of rule breaking but knowing the PL they will ban them from the Carabao Cup or something. 

The PL coming down hard on City would be a diplomatic issue as they will then threaten to pull investments from the UK. Just like with the Saudi bid for Newcastle. The PL might even want to punish City heavily but I bet they have been told not to.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, sne said:

The PL coming down hard on City would be a diplomatic issue as they will then threaten to pull investments from the UK. Just like with the Saudi bid for Newcastle. The PL might even want to punish City heavily but I bet they have been told not to.

People will think this is a wild conspiracy theory until the whatsapp messages come out again.

• Like 1

Sod their investments. Just threaten to not sell them any weapons.

I get the feeling with all these gulf states it's like when the idiot wins the lottery and everyone is their mate while they are splashing the cash then don't return calls when it's all spent. It's why we need to wean ourselves off fossil fuels asap.

6 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

Just threaten to not sell them any weapons

They’ll just buy weapons from France or China instead.  The sad truth is that wheels need to be greased and sport is one of the most visible components. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

Sod their investments... we need to wean ourselves off fossil fuels asap.

Unfortunately it's their investments that will prop them up long after the oil runs out. They've bought up more stuff than Disney. Pretty sure they own half of London's real estate and have fingers in most of our larger companies. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

Well where’s their deductions???

if these scumbags get away with 115 charges. The Premier League may as well disband.

If Everton got a ten point deduction for one charge, they should have 1150 a points deduction.

Lets even it out and say 100 points per season for 10 seasons. Seems fair to me.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

If Everton got a ten point deduction for one charge, they should have 1150 a points deduction.

Lets even it out and say 100 points per season for 10 seasons. Seems fair to me.

Any deduction they get (if they ever get one) will be a lot harder to land than Everton's. Political pressure will be applied and also:

Compress_20231118_063712_2974.jpg

Compress_20231118_063712_2841.jpg

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

Unfortunately it's their investments that will prop them up long after the oil runs out. They've bought up more stuff than Disney. Pretty sure they own half of London's real estate and have fingers in most of our larger companies. 

Just take it off them if need to. We did with Russia. No clout would mean they need to tow the line.

54 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

Just take it off them if need to. We did with Russia. No clout would mean they need to tow the line.

Their investments are global so we'd need all countries they've invested in (which includes places like China) to do the same.

We'd also annoy some large and important firms by making their shareholder base unstable.

We'd also need a valid reason to do it (like Russia invading Ukraine) otherwise it damages overseas investment in the UK as they won't trust us. We need to bring money into the country and not just send it our.

14 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

Pretty sure they own half of London's real estate and have fingers in most of our larger companies. 

Schoolboy error we all know it will be under water in a few years with global warming 😜 

13 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

Just strip the words removed of every cup and title they bought through cheating 

"Aston Villa 2020 League Cup Winners"  :flag:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

Their investments are global so we'd need all countries they've invested in (which includes places like China) to do the same.

We'd also annoy some large and important firms by making their shareholder base unstable.

We'd also need a valid reason to do it (like Russia invading Ukraine) otherwise it damages overseas investment in the UK as they won't trust us. We need to bring money into the country and not just send it our.

The valid reason would be all their horrific human rights abuses 

1 hour ago, VillaJ100 said:

The valid reason would be all their horrific human rights abuses 

International community doesn't care. Just look at Gaza right now. As long as they're friends to the West and spending money, they'll be just fine and allowed to continue as they wish.

Â