Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

ClaretMahoney

38 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

But seriously it's easy to say sancho was better at Dortmund because the bundesliga is an easier league, in reality utd are not using him very well and utd as a club have some serious mental issues, Varane was the winningest player across all of Europe in the last decade but looks like a pub league player phoning it in for utd, does that mean la liga and the world cup are also shit? Or is Varane showing a PL problem of laziness and switching off that doesn't exist in those leagues? 

Wasn't Sancho benched for a while at Dortmund or I remember that wrong?

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, NoelVilla said:

Wasn't Sancho benched for a while at Dortmund or I remember that wrong?

Yeah because he was being a dick off the pitch, turning up late for training and being unprofessional so they dropped him before trying to and eventually selling him 

Media hammered him for it too, I'm sure dortmunds sporting director openly criticised him in the press over it 

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

I hate plastic city, but, looking at their most expensive signings, they have an excellent hit rate.

I would only put Mendy in that list as a complete failure, the rest range from decent to amazing signings.

If you compare that list to manure and the money they have wasted, its night and day tbf.

image.png.129799f18a447cdb083e49d6ecd3c544.png

compared to Manure's top 10:

image.png.0b679107133b1b92108e0f481495a850.png

image.png.4fc16e5085940dc82523e6d3ab146d42.png

for me, Man City's is a 90% hit rate.

For Manure......

i would say 7 or 8/10 of them were either terrible or questionable buys, solely in terms of return on the pitch.

The mind boggles that they spent 78.3M on a heavy haulage vehicle 

54 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Id be inclined to agree if it wasnt man city signing him. Whats so fun of seeing city kill teams even more and win the title more comfortablely. If they win the title this year thats 4 out of 5 leagues they have won i make it.

Just getting rubbish now

I don't think about it too much cause we ain't up there. But you are right, it's getting a bit boring with City and it should be spoke about more in the media. A dominated league is booooooring.

I am kinda happy they are winning it this season, as no team should be anywhere near at wining the quadruple.

Me saying the PL is a lazy league 

Fabinho didn't fancy it did he? That's Brazilian international chasing the league title fabinho, was having a stinker so grabbed his hamstring 

I just don't think thay mentality exists elsewhere at the elite level, its not that bayern Munichs opposition are shit its that bayern Munich don't **** about like that

11 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Me saying the PL is a lazy league 

Fabinho didn't fancy it did he? That's Brazilian international chasing the league title fabinho, was having a stinker so grabbed his hamstring 

I just don't think thay mentality exists elsewhere at the elite level, its not that bayern Munichs opposition are shit its that bayern Munich don't **** about like that

What?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Mr_Dogg said:

What?

there was a discussion yesterday on the previous pages that haaland has a great goalscoring record in "farmers leagues" such as the bundesliga which is generally considered a worse league than the PL, there are players like Sancho etc who performed in the bundesliga but cant perform in the PL

my counter to that was that the bundesliga has better coaching (than man utd) and that there was more professionalism and less drop off by the elite teams, bayern for example rarely drop off and dont perform, there are mental blockers in the PL where players drop off in performance at the first opportunity that they get, chelsea right now for example they've give up because of roman

fabinho for me last night wasn't up for it, he had a few lapses in concentration leading to mistakes and then feigned / exaggerated an injury to come off rather than fight to stay on

why is it that players like haaland and lewandowski can dominate the bundesliga? IMO its not because the league is weaker its because they do not drop off, they maintain the level, they have less mental lapses than PL teams

liverpool and city are dominating because they now maintain the level - but again even fabinho last showed it for me, he'll be back for the finals no doubt

3 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

I really hope city stuff Wolves tonight. 

Having seen the BBC article about a 39th game play off, I really hope they don't.

Not that I prefer Liverpool over City, but I'd love it to go down to a playoff. Would be a once in a lifetime event.  And it would completely shaft FIFA and Eufa in their plans for a competitive Champions League final, a shoddily planned international break,  and complete lack of consideration of the games fans.

Would give whingebag Klopp something else to moan about being unfair, and City chance to stop the quadruple directly.

And makes our last game of the season not a dead rubber. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Having seen the BBC article about a 39th game play off, I really hope they don't.

Not that I prefer Liverpool over City, but I'd love it to go down to a playoff. Would be a once in a lifetime event.  And it would completely shaft FIFA and Eufa in their plans for a competitive Champions League final, a shoddily planned international break,  and complete lack of consideration of the games fans.

Would give whingebag Klopp something else to moan about being unfair, and City chance to stop the quadruple directly.

And makes our last game of the season not a dead rubber. 

Final would also likely be at Villa Park, a neutral stadium conveniently located for both teams which has been used in situations like this before recently.

:trollface:

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

If the title race finishes level on points then I agree, Italy do the same

The problem is it should be planned pre season 

This country is only if level on points, goal difference, goals scored, and aggregate score between the two sides. The aggregate score was 4-4 and all other stats are fairly close so its on the cards... the biggest unlikely event required is man City losing a game though. 

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

If the title race finishes level on points then I agree, Italy do the same

The problem is it should be planned pre season 

Head to head in Serie A now

They **** up the Champions League but they are relentless in the league.  And now have the South American player of the year and Ivan Drago to fit in to their squad next year.  

Edit. Just realised who they remind me of. Not just Haaland. They are the equivalent of Ivan Drago if he was a team.  Just powerful and relentless but devoid of personality.  I just cannot warm to them.  Nothing to do with jealousy or Grealish. They just do not pull at any heartstrings even when playing in Europe. Just so efficient . A Bentley rather than a rally car. 

Pep is right when he says everyone wants Liverpool to win. Not because they love Liverpool but because most are indifferent to Man City. 

Edited by MWARLEY2

Â