Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

Zatman

3 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

I think Stones would suit Chelsea. Great cover in front of him, and Chelsea's defenders are given license to pass. 

He's not allowed to pass at City? :wacko:

The manager who shipped out Hart to bring in a passing goalkeeper who can't stop shots or crosses.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, sne said:

Passing is the number one attribute for any player in a Pep team, to the detriment of everything else.

and he somehow still picks Sterling who cant find a basic 5 yard pass

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

Yeah definitely. I'd say only de Bruyne and maybe Silva have been better. 

As for passes, he's only 0.2% worse than de Bruyne! 

I'm just not interested in stats I'm afraid, they are so frequently misleading. 

When Ive watched City I've just not really been impressed with Sterling, he has very little impact on games and produces next to no end product.

A star like the above suggests he is in some way comparable for De Bruyne but watching the two play you would never think it.

For me Sterling has forged a reputation purely on the season when he was playing alongside Suarez. It's a little like Ireland gained a reputation while playing alongside Robinho, he couldn't live up to it and neither can sterling in my view.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Personally I think Sterling only runs more than before, end product is still terrible.

last 2 games which were big he arguably cost them. pathetic ball to an unmarked Aguero vs Monaco and he bottled a one on one with Mignolet in last few minutes vs Liverpool

3 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

I'm just not interested in stats I'm afraid, they are so frequently misleading. 

When Ive watched City I've just not really been impressed with Sterling, he has very little impact on games and produces next to no end product.

A star like the above suggests he is in some way comparable for De Bruyne but watching the two play you would never think it.

For me Sterling has forged a reputation purely on the season when he was playing alongside Suarez. It's a little like Ireland gained a reputation while playing alongside Robinho, he couldn't live up to it and neither can sterling in my view.

Each to their own. With the eye test, I think he's great. The stats just back it up. He always causes problems and the idea that his end product is poor just doesn't hold true for me. The stats back that up in that he's second in goals, second in assists and third in key passes at City. 

People just see things differently I suppose. 

• Like 4

19 hours ago, Genie said:

He's not allowed to pass at City? :wacko:

The manager who shipped out Hart to bring in a passing goalkeeper who can't stop shots or crosses.

I meant it by the defenders are given more time and room on the ball at Chelsea. Look at Luiz. He has turned into a playmaker who also plays center back. 

The Barcelona connection...

Old habits die hard.

Manchester City broke the Football Association's anti-doping rules three times in less than five months, the governing body has said.

The Premier League club also failed to take notice of a written warning sent three weeks before the final breach.

City were fined £35,000 last month but the written reasons have now been released.

A first-team player missed a test on 1 September 2016 because the hotel address provided was no longer correct.

In addition, City also failed to inform the FA of an extra first-team training session on 12 July 2016, while anti-doping officials were unable to test reserve players on 7 December, 2016 because six of them had been given the day off without the FA being informed.

Clubs are required to provide accurate details of training sessions and player whereabouts so they are available for testing at all times.

If clubs fail to provide this information - or testers are unable to find the players they are looking for - three times in a rolling 12-month period then they are deemed to have breached the rules.

The final breach on 7 December occurred despite the FA writing to City on 14 November to remind them clubs must notify the governing body if five or more players in a particular squad are given a day off from a scheduled session.

They were also warned in writing after the second strike in September.

City told the FA the two training-session breaches were "administrative errors" related to the club's new management team under Pep Guardiola being unfamiliar with the system.

An independent regulatory commission hearing was critical of City's failure to meet their obligations and heed warnings.

"It is no less concerning that in this case, despite the club being made aware of their breaches on two previous occasions [and] the resources available to the club, they failed to deal with these and implement a system to correct this," it said.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/39383967

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

PED Guardiola at it again. He has a great legacy in this 'space', right the way back to his playing days. 

shambolic, sure you wouldnt let Lance Armstrong run a cycling team

On 3/24/2017 at 06:53, kurtsimonw said:

Sterling's been one of a few who've actually performed at a high level for them this season. 

He's massively underrated imo.

He's english and he went for loads of money which seems to automatically label him as a flop for the rest of his career.

He's a very good player.

• Like 2

Â