Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

Zatman

Ref Sterling I think it's inconsistency, looks incredible some days and sub average on others.

KdB has been well below last years level this season, not sure what has happened to him.

8 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Maybe Pep is at fault for not knowing KDB's best position . he sometimes plays on the left and thats his least effective position

in fairness vs Monaco he tried him everywhere :P

• Like 1

It was a definite penalty though, turned him and he tripped him up. 

I have a Bundesliga fanatic friend who keeps going on about Gundogan and how him getting injured derailed their season. I had a look and was surprised to see how crap City are with him in the team. 

In the 10 games he played, they picked up 15 points (and dropped 15). In the 21 games he didn't play, they picked up 46 points (dropped 17). 

Yes I am just making the point that on another day Man City win that 4-1 and everybody would hail Pep as a great manager, not forgetting that Hazard actually missed the penalty and he was lucky to get the rebound. luck plays such a big part in results. look at the Palace game at the weekend.

1 minute ago, PaulC said:

Yes I am just making the point that on another day Man City win that 4-1 and everybody would hail Pep as a great manager, not forgetting that Hazard actually missed the penalty and he was lucky to get the rebound. luck plays such a big part in results. look at the Palace game at the weekend.

You can't have it both ways though. The City goal was just as lucky in terms of a rebound falling to Aguero. Not to mention it coming from a Chelsea error in the first place. 

7 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

It's not down to luck that Chelsea are 14 points ahead of Man City.

All things considered I think Pep's performed pretty poorly this season.

Yes I agree with that

1 hour ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

The great Guardiola weaving his magic yet again. 

Narrowly losing to comfortably the best team in the country. What a flop.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Whilst being the better team, too.

That defence is a **** shambles, though.  Guardiola has ripped it apart and done absolutely nothing to fix it.

48 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

To be fair, he said "yet again" and I think it is fair to say that Pep/Pep's team haven't really faired very well in big games this season.

Â