Greece

VILLAFC2000

Given the way things are going for them at the moment you might be able to buy the Parthenon for a couple of hundred quid if you ask nicely.

With the current economic greek Situation - Would it be a bad idea to visit Greece on Holiday.

it's not the economic situation there you have to worry about

it's not called "Greek style" for nothing

Dangerous yoghurt?

Or dairy products in general?

The public have a right to know.

Dangerous yoghurt?

Or dairy products in general?

The public have a right to know.

He's referring to the fact the Greeks invented gayness!

He's referring to the fact the Greeks invented gayness!

It was an attempt to deflect the thread away from over trodden territory.

Is there no escaping anal sex on VT?

Can't I just have set yoghurt?

Maybe some kalamata olives?

Retsina can be nice.

Retsina can be nice.
Possibly the first ever use of that sentence in history.

A friend living there bought over a few bottles of his native neighbour's own gear, it was sweet, spiced, very nice - not like the stuff they sell to pissed tourists.

• 2 weeks later...

whats interesting is everyone says greece but what about the other countries in the shite like portugual, spain and ireland (before uk helped them out?)

anyhow to your point avoid athens if i was you its like a warzone at the moment islands though are good to go and yes it will be cheap!

I went to Rhodes last year and the best place there was the duty frees lounge. Honest opinion it was the worst place I've ever been on holiday. Orbit want to sample Greece for cheap is suggest staying in turkey and catching the ferry over on a day trip.

Retsina can be nice.
Possibly the first ever use of that sentence in history.

A friend living there bought over a few bottles of his native neighbour's own gear, it was sweet, spiced, very nice - not like the stuff they sell to pissed tourists.

Sounds even worse tbh,

• 3 months later...

I'm guessing you have already booked a holiday by now, but if you (or anybody) are looking at going to Greece, I would recommend the island of Thassos. Beautiful little place, and you can take the tour to see some old ruins in Philipi which is basically being contested over by Greece and Macedonia. Lovely drive to it and you can see some amazing sites, awesome places to stop off for lunch too. It's about 20 mins from Kavala which is the airport you will land at before catching the boat to Thassos. Loads of little towns to visit and has Paradise beach, which really is gorgeous.

I would recommend the Alexander Golden Boutique hotel.

• 11 years later...

lot depends on what you like , but Athens you can kinda explore on foot on the metro / bus see the good stuff 

there is a decent website here  with a map showing you where everything is , will even give you an idea of journey time between places 

you've got the obvious stuff like the Acropolis and Parthenon but  cable car up Mount Lycabettus gives you a decent panoramic view  ( i walked up but it was about 41 degrees and was drenched by the time i reached the top ! so cheat and take the cable car)  

The Plaka is the old town and quite pretty , major tourist trap though 

i

• Thanks 1

On 18/08/2023 at 12:02, Risso said:

Off to Corfu on Monday, any tips on places to visit much appreciated.

Depending on where you are located Laka on Paxos is a small ferry hop from Corfu and is a beautiful small village. Corfu Town is a worthy destination as well, loads to see and do there with some nice restaurants and cafes. Kassiopi is probably my pick of the resorts to stop in. 

Â