SEASON TICKET INFO 2012/13

chappy

If McLeish goes would people renew ?

I thinka lot more would.

As I said in another post its £4m to pay up McLeish's contract. Assuming a season ticket costs £500 or that's what you pay overall to attend games 8,000 lost season tickets or attendences over the course of a season equals the cost of getting rid of him. We have lost 6,000+ off our average gate this season and I predict sub 30k attendances next season so say that's another 4,000. Whilst not all would cite McLeish as a reason £5m per season of future revenue against a one off cost of £4m sounds like a good deal.

I will be renewing whether he's in charge or not. I want to cheer the team on.

Same here, I'd like to see a few more fans take this approach

Its OUR club, not Lerners, not McLeishes and not the players

I support Villa, I've renewed. Those who haven't renewed - unless you've had a change of circumstances that means you can no longer afford a ticket, then just own up to being a fairweather fan who's only interested in Villa when they're winning. Don't sit on here spouting off about being a "fan" because you know what? You aren't. Fan is short for fanatic, and a fanatic does not give up on their team because the manager used to work for a neighbouring club.

HTFH.

I support Villa, I've renewed. Those who haven't renewed - unless you've had a change of circumstances that means you can no longer afford a ticket, then just own up to being a fairweather fan who's only interested in Villa when they're winning. Don't sit on here spouting off about being a "fan" because you know what? You aren't. Fan is short for fanatic, and a fanatic does not give up on their team because the manager used to work for a neighbouring club.

HTFH.

People are not turning their backs on the club because he was manager of the other lot in the city. It is because he is destroying the club with his negative tactics, crazy selection decisions and misuse of the only top quality player in the squad (Bent). His training methods and dictatorial manner are also alienating alot of players.

I admire you for renewing though.

If McLeish goes would people renew ?

Depends on who the replacement is imo. If it was say Curbishley, Bruce or Martinez there would only be a small increase.

This is a bit like when people were assuming that when Doug went, they'd be sell out signs at VP from that very moment. In reality our attendences the next season were similar to the season before.

It was only in 07/08 when we started to get in the top 6 that we got regular 40k attendances.

HTFH.

Ah, the old "better fan" than you argument. Against the site guidelines, so please leave it. You're entitled to your view, and the post remains in place. But please don't repeat that kind of thing on here - it just causes arguments.

Slightly different comparing to a concert

Unless of course you only follow 1 band

And Mods, please don't turn this site into another version of H&V, you're better than that

Haven't renewed and won't. Football isn't like it used to be with the players playing for the club. Now we have a manager that seems hell bent on upsetting the fans by playing shite football and generally blaming everyone else other than himself for the results

HTFH.

*Post edited* I've been down the Villa for many years, even renewing before O'leary got the sack, but I ain't renewing this time, in protest at the fact the appointment of *Post edited* is a disgrace, and he should be nowhere near our great club. His record speak for itself, shocking.

Even though I wont have a ST near year, I bet I still go to more games than most season ticket holders. I go to around 12 away games every year no matter what, Plus i'll go to plenty of home games, I'll just pick and choose.

How else are fans, who are really concerned for the club, suppose to get their message across?

Â