SEASON TICKET INFO 2012/13

chappy

I support Villa, I've renewed. Those who haven't renewed - unless you've had a change of circumstances that means you can no longer afford a ticket, then just own up to being a fairweather fan who's only interested in Villa when they're winning. Don't sit on here spouting off about being a "fan" because you know what? You aren't. Fan is short for fanatic, and a fanatic does not give up on their team because the manager used to work for a neighbouring club.

HTFH.

I bet you got a right self rightous hard on writing that! How long have you been a season ticket holder for? Me and my mates have renewed ours since the late 70's in worse situations than this so your "fair weather" comment is at best for a small number who are not renewing. The fair weather fans vanished when MON left in my opinion.

Its not about him being ex blues, and yes he is shit but we have been shit before and enjoyed going. This (as I have said before) is not just about Villa losing because everyone I know that is not renewing will be aiming to be first in the queue to get a season ticket if we go down and that includes me!

Its not just MON but the Premier League that has played a big part in our demise and its just not the same.

I support Villa, I've renewed. Those who haven't renewed - unless you've had a change of circumstances that means you can no longer afford a ticket, then just own up to being a fairweather fan who's only interested in Villa when they're winning. Don't sit on here spouting off about being a "fan" because you know what? You aren't. Fan is short for fanatic, and a fanatic does not give up on their team because the manager used to work for a neighbouring club.

HTFH.

Hmmm, a bit of a bold post accusing fans of being fairweather. I have bought two adult season tickets for the last seven years ignoring all the times I have had season tickets or bought tickets going back to the mid 70's. Luckily for me whether I renew is not a money based decision, in fact my son is only 15 but I buy two adult tickets so mates can go if he cannot.

I don't know honestly whether I will renew. I definitely will if McLeish goes but otherwise I don't know. That's not me being any less of a fan but much more about me not enjoying my trips to Villa Park. We play shit football by and large, the atmosphere is non existant, we rarely win and I'm sick of watching us get turned over by poorer sides. Added to that I have absolutely no faith in McLeish to do anything but get us relegated.

The bottom line is why should I voluntarily do something I dislike (at the moment) simply through blind loyalty? I, as I expect many fans do, hope that if the club took some notice of its paying customers, the fans, they would make the necessary changes. Our expectations as fans are very low these days but not to even get near those is a very sad state of affairs.

The truth is this season has seen as lose 6,000 fans each week and I think we could lose another 3,000-4,000 next season. Some will be fairly 'casual' supporters but a good proportion will be committed fans who are, like me, utterly fed up with most things Villa at the moment.

Look no further than the club to answer the question why.

Oh and by the way I would happily renew if we went down so McLeish was sacked and we got a half decent manager.

Rang Villa to make sure that Zebra Finance dont auto renew my ST, was asked why I wasnt renewing and somehow I managed to hold back "why do you think I am not renewing!!?" but I guess not everyone is not renewing because of AM

HTFH.

You sound like the sort of person that TV commercials are aimed at !

Yes you are right fan is short for fanatic, but I think you are getting the meaning of fanatic mixed up with BLIND faith.

Do you really think that the fans that do not renew their ST will not watch the games on TV or in the pub ? do you really think they will not bother to check the results or look at the league table ? you don't think they will read about Villa in the newspapers or listen on the radio ?

The only difference between these fans and you is that they are withdrawing their fininancial support, no more,no less.In other words they are telling the club, yes I am a Villa supporter BUT I do not agree with the way the club is bieng run so until that changes for the better I am withdrawing my finincial support.They are not blindly following the club no matter what ?!

Fan is short for fanatic, and a fanatic does not give up on their team because the manager used to work for a neighbouring club.

Is that really the reason that people are giving up on McLeish and the team though?

Even though me and my lad got our ST's nice & early and for a bargain price of £395 combined, I'm starting to regret the decision a little now

The football / general vibe seems to be getting worse not better

Â