What game you currently playing?

Demitri_C

6 minutes ago, dubbs said:

I've tried Days Gone a few times but just couldn't get into it.  You say it takes a few hours to get going so maybe I should go back to it and give it a bit more time.

its very solid with some brilliant bits later on, the horde mechanic that sets it apart doesnt come in to until after 10 hours in i think and even then it gets really good around the 20+ hour mark

im sure its also one of those games that they chipped away at post release and gradually improved it even though it was perfectly fine at launch

agree sony dont give it the love it deserves, shows how strong their solo player narrative driven AAA games are

also if you look at the history of sony exclusives which have been ditched so resistance, seemingly killzone, SOCOM, wipeout, parappa the rapper, medievil, uncharted, motorstorm, jak and daxter, ape escape, the getaway...Bend Studios are leaving behind days gone and syphon filter...they must have something new up their sleeve, bringing back SF would make me forget DG thats for sure

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Designer1 said:

It's a reboot tbh Dem, not a remake.

It's a very average open world game which doesn't have any of the subversive OTT entertainment of the original Saints Row 1-4.

I was really disappointed tbh.

Ah ffs

Thats disappointing.  Ill play it just to see for myself. Why they just didnt make a saints row 5 as the originals were such wacky fun instead of a reboot ill never know

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Bend Studios are leaving behind days gone and syphon filter...they must have something new up their sleeve, bringing back SF would make me forget DG thats for sure

Bend Studio are currently working on a new IP that includes multiplayer and will be building upon the open-world systems from Days Gone. 

I definitely hope the new IP is primarily single player with a multiplayer component, but it definitely gave me pause when Bend mentioned multiplayer as Sony are all in on live service multiplayer as their future. I think Sony have more live service games in the works right now than single player story driven games. 

The full statement from June 7th, 2022 on their new game;

“Today, we are excited to share just a snippet of news on our current project. We are currently working on a new IP that includes multiplayer and builds upon the open-world systems of Days Gone, but brings you a whole new world that we are extremely excited to craft for you. We cannot wait to reveal it to you when the time is right.”

I hope it's good, but everything happening around it is making me feel weird about it. Sony planning to release 10 live service multiplayer games by 2025. Sony spending $2 billion on research and development into live service games. The multiplayer part of Bend Studio's statement might be pretty innocuous, but Sony's recent plans are definitely making me cautious. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

its very solid with some brilliant bits later on, the horde mechanic that sets it apart doesnt come in to until after 10 hours in i think and even then it gets really good around the 20+ hour mark

im sure its also one of those games that they chipped away at post release and gradually improved it even though it was perfectly fine at launch

agree sony dont give it the love it deserves, shows how strong their solo player narrative driven AAA games are

also if you look at the history of sony exclusives which have been ditched so resistance, seemingly killzone, SOCOM, wipeout, parappa the rapper, medievil, uncharted, motorstorm, jak and daxter, ape escape, the getaway...Bend Studios are leaving behind days gone and syphon filter...they must have something new up their sleeve, bringing back SF would make me forget DG thats for sure

There were some subtle implications througout Days Gone that it was set in Syphon Filter's universe. Great game that deserved more love, and I say that as someone who it passed by totally on release, didn't play it until it came up on PS Plus one month. The first game where the voice acting and direction was so good that I actively noticed it, Witwer in particular. If I remember I think the studio lead went on some tone-deaf rant about people not buying it full price on release, not a great look when it's an endemic industry problem to rush out half-cooked shite whilst trying to get as much of your cash up front or on pre-order as possible.

Anyway yeah, great game. Shame it won't get a sequel, would have loved to get an SF crossover in the vein of Control/Alan Wake.

17 hours ago, Designer1 said:

It's a reboot tbh Dem, not a remake.

It's a very average open world game which doesn't have any of the subversive OTT entertainment of the original Saints Row 1-4.

I was really disappointed tbh.

Did a few missions it certainly doesnt feel like a "saints row game"

Its ok cant say its a bad game but cant touch saints row 2 or 3 in my opinion. Those games were legendary

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Did a few missions it certainly doesnt feel like a "saints row game"

Its ok cant say its a bad game but cant touch saints row 2 or 3 in my opinion. Those games were legendary

I downloaded it a couple of nights ago as it’s free on PS Plus this month. It’s quite good fun but feels a bit like a Poundland GTA game.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Jenko#4 said:

I downloaded it a couple of nights ago as it’s free on PS Plus this month. It’s quite good fun but feels a bit like a Poundland GTA game.

Thats such a great way to describe it

I called it a saints row game from wish

On 08/09/2023 at 09:30, dubbs said:

Downloaded Civilization VI as it was on sale for a fiver.  Haven't tried it yet but been interested in trying it for ages.

Say goodbye to your wife and kids, sleep, and other trivial distractions. 

And never trust the Aztec dude. He acts nice and then turns and stabs you in the whatnots.

• Haha 1

On 01/09/2023 at 02:09, HKP90 said:

Just mainlined Oxenfree 2 over two nights, and gotta say that I loved it. More even than the first one. Just couldn't stop.

Had fun with the first one, didn't realise there was a sequel might have to pick that up.

• Like 1

I also really enjoyed Days Gone but it's one of those frustrating games that had the potential to be so much better. It definitely wasn't without its issues either, that game could be janky as ****. Here's a 90 second video of me being soft-locked due to being repeatedly spawn killed by the same wolves. I also had to restart the game during the very first mission because Dozer got perma-stuck in a tree. And whilst I thought the voice acting was good the delivery could be super weird sometimes, noticeably long pauses between lines or characters talking over eachother and such. One thing I will say though is they absolutely nailed the motorbike physics better than any other game I've played.

26 minutes ago, Delphouneso said:

I also really enjoyed Days Gone but it's one of those frustrating games that had the potential to be so much better. It definitely wasn't without its issues either, that game could be janky as ****. Here's a 90 second video of me being soft-locked due to being repeatedly spawn killed by the same wolves. I also had to restart the game during the very first mission because Dozer got perma-stuck in a tree. And whilst I thought the voice acting was good the delivery could be super weird sometimes, noticeably long pauses between lines or characters talking over eachother and such. One thing I will say though is they absolutely nailed the motorbike physics better than any other game I've played.

Did you play it on release? I played it via PS+ on PS5 and have to say it was absolutely perfect performance wise, but did hear it was pretty rough in the early days on PS4. 

The lines of dialogue that always got me were Deek's responses to Cope after you get his radio broadcasts. He's full on shouting and it's so unnecessary, but also kind of hilarious. 

A DG2 with 500+ hordes though...oh man, there'd be nothing like it. I loved the jeopardy of trying to take down a horde, having spent time to gather the resources to make a bunch of napalm, which you can't simply buy of course, and then just **** it up and getting swarmed :D

13 hours ago, HKP90 said:

Say goodbye to your wife and kids, sleep, and other trivial distractions. 

And never trust the Aztec dude. He acts nice and then turns and stabs you in the whatnots.

Gotta say I need to restart the tutorial and give it another go.  Probably started it at the wrong time but definitely think I'll try again. 

On 16/09/2023 at 12:42, Designer1 said:

Lies of P

Baldurs Gate 3

Gat out of Hell (decided to finally finish off the Plat after recently Platting Saints Row 3).

Plenty of good stuff on the go at the moment 👍 

Gat out of hell is brilliant 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dubbs said:

Picked up Lies of P today. Enjoyed the demo, so will put it on after the match.  

Really enjoying it. One of the best Soulsborne games I've played in a while.

It's tough as nails tbh, but very satisfying. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Designer1 said:

Really enjoying it. One of the best Soulsborne games I've played in a while.

It's tough as nails tbh, but very satisfying. 

Yeah I've only had about an hour on it. The first main boss, puppet master is a bitch! Seriously need to learn the parry timing otherwise I'm going to be toasted repeatedly.

Â