What game you currently playing?

Demitri_C

Just finished Deliver us the mood, and I'm after a new story based game to get my teeth into. I must admit I'm finding Outer Worlds a bit difficult to get into, although I hear it's worth it. 

Anything else people would recommend? 

Not playing it yet but I’ve ordered the new WRC game, WRC Generations (£28 on ps5 from base which I thought was a bargain) will be my first one since the very first WRC game on the ps2. It’s the last one from KT Racing who are I think doing the new Test Drive Unlimited. 

The WRC licence is going to EA next year who have got codemasters on it. I haven’t played a proper rally game since Colin McRae 04 or Richard Burns Rally so that’s a long time lol. I’m looking forward to it. 

24 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Not playing it yet but I’ve ordered the new WRC game, WRC Generations (£28 on ps5 from base which I thought was a bargain) will be my first one since the very first WRC game on the ps2. It’s the last one from KT Racing who are I think doing the new Test Drive Unlimited. 

The WRC licence is going to EA next year who have got codemasters on it. I haven’t played a proper rally game since Colin McRae 04 or Richard Burns Rally so that’s a long time lol. I’m looking forward to it. 

dirt 6?

i've dabbled with a couple on game pass, PSN+ and EA play and i honestly couldnt tell you which one was which which shows how much they grabbed me, played a lot of Colin McRae too and my interest in it just faded (and not a rally game but the PS2 had an off road launch title that was ok but i cant remember its name, surprised that series is completely dead, must be 15 to 20 years since the last game)

20 minutes ago, Dodgyknees said:

Persona 5 Royal on my Switch. My save game corrupted on my PS4 when the game came out and I didn’t go back to it, so I’m super excited to play this on my Switch. 

If memory serves, we used to wax lyrical about P3 and / or P4 many years ago on this forum. Enjoy! P5R is a heck of a game, it's my least favourite of the 3 games, but it's by far the most accessible and stylish, and a game I must have spent getting on for 250 hours playing (I plat'd Persona 5 and Persona 5 Royal on PS4). 

I can also heartily recommend Persona 5 Strikers which appears to be pretty cheap at the moment. It's a direct continuation of Persona 5 (there's a running argument if it's canonical to P5R or not), completely different style of game, more like a Persona Dynasty Warriors, except it's actually good.

On 03/11/2022 at 09:24, HKP90 said:

Just finished Deliver us the mood, and I'm after a new story based game to get my teeth into. I must admit I'm finding Outer Worlds a bit difficult to get into, although I hear it's worth it. 

Anything else people would recommend? 

I played Soma recently. Very good, very creepy, but a story which will keep you hooked. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, hogso said:

If memory serves, we used to wax lyrical about P3 and / or P4 many years ago on this forum. Enjoy! P5R is a heck of a game, it's my least favourite of the 3 games, but it's by far the most accessible and stylish, and a game I must have spent getting on for 250 hours playing (I plat'd Persona 5 and Persona 5 Royal on PS4). 

I can also heartily recommend Persona 5 Strikers which appears to be pretty cheap at the moment. It's a direct continuation of Persona 5 (there's a running argument if it's canonical to P5R or not), completely different style of game, more like a Persona Dynasty Warriors, except it's actually good.

Indeed we did. I’ve just introduced my partners son to 3 and 4 😊, and they are both out on the Switch next year which is exciting (I’m sure I read that somewhere!). I’m loving 5, I forget how much I love these games ❤️

I bought Strikers last week as well, it’s next to play 😁

• Like 1

On 04/11/2022 at 12:47, villa4europe said:

dirt 6?

i've dabbled with a couple on game pass, PSN+ and EA play and i honestly couldnt tell you which one was which which shows how much they grabbed me, played a lot of Colin McRae too and my interest in it just faded (and not a rally game but the PS2 had an off road launch title that was ok but i cant remember its name, surprised that series is completely dead, must be 15 to 20 years since the last game)

I haven’t played any modern Rally games at all let alone the modern WRC ones. Been playing Generations today and I am really enjoying it though it’s tough as nails at times. Not as hard as Richard Burns Rally was though. Good lord that game was brutal.

I only got it as I knew it was their last hurrah with the licence and reviews say they’ve chucked everything at it plus the price was a belter for a new ps5 game only a few days old. I wouldn’t go higher than £30 though. 

On 20/01/2022 at 09:04, Keyblade said:

Chrono Trigger. I hate that I'm starting my RPG marathon with this, because I'm fairly certain it won't get better than this.

Took me a while, but I finally finished it. What a game. Easily in my top 10 of all time. Now it's time to see all the different endings with New Game+. Original ending choked me up a bit. Never been more attached to a group of characters like this before.

9 hours ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Just finished the campaign, 17 or 18 decent missions, bit quick but pretty decent.

Tried multi player but kept getting shot

I only played a bit of the beta but the multiplayer was OK, some bad maps as expected but then I've heard a podcast suggest that the MP this year leans more towards how I play 1:1 KD ratio and play a lot of domination so get a decent score, sounds like people who are used to playing death match and getting 20:1 are disappointed with how gung ho it can be

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Talldarkandransome said:

I've always been shite at multiplayer, only ever do the campaigns

That's why I play domination, at the very least you can play the bases or whatever they call them and get a decent score

My resurgence in CoD actually came from outbreak (?) on zombies, the one where its just you on the big map with a load of zombies and about 5 objectives then you call the chopper in and can either bank it or go to the next map, put some hours in to that but I'm sure the last 2 games didn't have it

8 hours ago, villa4europe said:

That's why I play domination, at the very least you can play the bases or whatever they call them and get a decent score

My resurgence in CoD actually came from outbreak (?) on zombies, the one where its just you on the big map with a load of zombies and about 5 objectives then you call the chopper in and can either bank it or go to the next map, put some hours in to that but I'm sure the last 2 games didn't have it

I might try domination then, see how I get on

On 08/11/2022 at 23:01, Talldarkandransome said:

Just finished the campaign, 17 or 18 decent missions, bit quick but pretty decent.

Tried multi player but kept getting shot

Have you tried practising on local multiplayer?  You can only do team deathmatch but it's ok to start getting your eye in.

12 minutes ago, dubbs said:

Have you tried practising on local multiplayer?  You can only do team deathmatch but it's ok to start getting your eye in.

I've not tried it for long, for some reason the graphics were awful compared to the campaign and the lag was pretty bad too. I've got good broadband so don't know why it was so sluggish.

I will give it a proper go, its just not fun being shot all the time when you've not even had a chance to look around

8 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

I've not tried it for long, for some reason the graphics were awful compared to the campaign and the lag was pretty bad too. I've got good broadband so don't know why it was so sluggish.

I will give it a proper go, its just not fun being shot all the time when you've not even had a chance to look around

I understand that.  I've not had any issues with lag so far although I've probably only put a couple of hours into online.  Might be worth trying the co-op missions so you're playing with someone against AI.

• Like 1

Â