What game you currently playing?

Demitri_C

Until it gives you a follow mission in a ship. No, seriously. I laughed when that mission appeared.

Ah yes, and it has the 100% sync caveat of following the ship without being seen which is incredibly annoying too.

Edited by Ginko

Got ACIV a few days ago, expected it to be just alright and it's one of my favourite games of the year. Making an effort to complete everything which isn't something I've really bothered with on previous ones/many games at all.

It's still no AC2 though, and I wish they'd bring back holding RT+A to free run, it would solve at least half of my problems with that system.

Got ACIV a few days ago, expected it to be just alright and it's one of my favourite games of the year. Making an effort to complete everything which isn't something I've really bothered with on previous ones/many games at all.

It's still no AC2 though, and I wish they'd bring back holding RT+A to free run, it would solve at least half of my problems with that system.

Buy a PS4!

Buy a PS4!

Not until there are more than 3 games out for it!

(And I'm still considering an xbox)

ACIV is pretty good isn't it?

Yes.  Yes it is.  I wasn't sure at first, but the sailing bits make it GOTY for me.  Absolutely ****ing brilliant.

Steady now, it's only January 2nd!  :mrgreen:

ACIV is such a good game, one of the best games I've played for a while. Think AC2 with less annoyances (collectables are much better) and awesome pirate shipping

I'm only on sequence 3! It's going to take me forever to 100% this

• Like 1

Nah, it won't take as long as you think it will, it'll fly by, trust me ;)

If you want to 100% everything though, make sure you play plenty of the Kenway's Fleet minigame that can be found in the Captain's Cabin aboard the Jackdaw. You will only get a couple of treasure maps that way.

Meanwhile, I'm TRYING to play Gran Turismo 6 but it's prompting me to download a patch for it that will take me an hour. I've tried twice now and left it to do it's thing and I've come back to an error which I assume is because my **** PSN keeps signing out for no reason whatsoever mid-download!

Picture_2_c.jpg

Edited by Ginko

I've been playing quite a bit of Hearthstone, first collectible card game I've played in years but it's pretty fun, even if it feels incredibly unfair at times. Not sure how long it'll hold my attention on PC, but it's free and an Android/iOS version is coming out over the next few months so I can see myself playing a few games a day just on my phone.

One thing I hate about AC4, the underwater missions. They're just bad. Has anybody ever liked them in a game? And the fact they're a requirement if you want to fully upgrade your ship is annoying.

Keep perservering. Its amazeballs.

I've tried 5 times now and every time it comes up with an error. Some other people have had this issue but nowhere does anyone offer a solution. Hopefully patch 1.03 won't cause so many **** issues, piece of shit.

One thing I hate about AC4, the underwater missions. They're just bad. Has anybody ever liked them in a game? And the fact they're a requirement if you want to fully upgrade your ship is annoying.

Completely agree, I hated those things. The controls are ridiculous and sharks are annoying. What I hated the most, however, were the freaking Moray Eels popping out of nowhere and scaring the crap out of me, annoying, vicious little bastards!

Fortunately there were only a few underwater missions, but I really wish they had left them out or done better with them. I hated those things.

Edited by Ginko
  • Like 1

Finally managed to get the update for Gran Turismo 6, it took far too long and I nervously kept checking every 5 minutes and pushing a button on my controller just in case that was what disconnected me from the internet (though I know it wasn't).

By the time it was done I only had chance to play for about 15 minutes. One thing I noticed is that the Gran Turismo team STILL insist on putting the X and Square buttons as the default accelerator and brake respectively. What the hell is up with that? It's a button for crying out loud, why not stop being stubborn assholes and just roll with the upgrades in technology. Surely most players need the sensitivity of a trigger for these things now? Pretty much ever modern racing games uses them because a button is either pressed or not pressed, there's no degree in between to allow you to accelerate or brake softly or harshly.

Absolute madness. I changed it obviously but it pisses me off that I had to do that at all. What a ridiculous and archaic input choice. If they're doing it for hardcore fans of the series then I suppose it explains it to some degree, but those fans are mad for not changing with the times as well.

So far my GT6 experiences aren't going so well, though admittedly none of the issues are to do with gameplay, and the little racing I have done is fine, though I prefer arcade-style racing to simulators as I find them more fun. I feel like these GT6 posts should have been posted in 'Things That Piss You Off That Shouldn't' instead :P

Edited by Ginko

X for accelerate is correct.

What annoys me is no XB GT Falcon and those pointless coffee break challenges. Get online sometime and I'll give you a beating in a race, for old time's sake.

X for accelerate is outdated. It's a button, you either press it or you don't. There's no degree of pressure like you get with a trigger to gently squeeze on the accelerator when you've just passed the apex of the corner.

And I'll be playing a lot and I always play online, so I look forward to losing a race to you.

Edited by Ginko

Â