coda

Chelsea in talks with Saudi state airline Riyadh Air about them becoming their front of shirt sponsor.

Riyadh air is owned by PIF and Chelsea are seeking £60 million pounds a year for the deal. The agreement will have to pass the independent premier league fair valuation rules, however it’s not expected to be a problem as Newcastle’s £25 million sponsorship deal passed.

Riyadh air was founded in March 2023 and Dosent have plans to start flying until 2025, what a farce this will be, Clearlake is a PIF front! 🤣

They have also introduced a hospitality offering called “the dugout club”, which, for the princely sum of £680 per person, allows you to sit behind the Chelsea substitutes on the dugout and “observe the teams arrival”. A premium terrace view without the premium :P

• 2 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

Pochettino is a bad manager

I wouldn’t say he’s a bad manager as he’s been hamstrung (as per Potter) by his club’s ridiculous spending without any managerial/coaching input so it’s difficult to fully apportion blame on him for their poor start to the season.

it will take time for that squad to gel and play in the way Pochetino wants. 

Chelsea are a complete basket case of a club right now. 

3 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

I wouldn’t say he’s a bad manager as he’s been hamstrung (as per Potter) by his club’s ridiculous spending without any managerial/coaching input so it’s difficult to fully apportion blame on him for their poor start to the season.

You say the team to gel but thing is I don't their players are very good.

If you play Chelsea what are the player you fear before a game?

Because I can't think of any. Sterling can be decent on his day but he isn't someone you'd feel nervous about beforehand.

Edited by Pinebro

20 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

You say the team to gel but thing is I don't their players are very good.

If you play Chelsea what are the player you fear before a game?

Because I can't think of any. Sterling can be decent on his day but he isn't someone you'd feel nervous about beforehand.

You’re right, their team is a clusterf@&k of overpriced mediocre players purchased on a whim by a clueless owner.

The manager now has to try and get all of those players to fit his system, whether they are suitable or not.

1 hour ago, Pinebro said:

Pochettino is a bad manager

I wouldn’t say he’s a bad manager but his career has been defined by that time Spurs made the Champions League final. There was undoubtedly some luck involved and he’s not been able to replicate that sort of achievement since. 

9 minutes ago, sne said:

The absurd number of injuries might allow Poch some more time. Maybe 

Wonder if the amount of injuries is correlated to the amount of players and the physios/fitness coaches not being able to manage them as efficiently 

16 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Wonder if the amount of injuries is correlated to the amount of players and the physios/fitness coaches not being able to manage them as efficiently 

A lot of teams seem to have a lot of bad injuries (ourselves included). 

Could be something to do with having semi competitive preseason tournaments or perhaps because matches are now 10-15 minutes longer with the new added time interpretation?

11 minutes ago, villaglint said:

I dont know how you can spend that much money and end up with this squad. 

Something really really fishy going on there. 

Media was showing some photos of the squad yesterday and didn't know who most of them were 😂

4 hours ago, theboyangel said:

De Zerbi would do little there.

Brighton is a coaching paradise currently. At Chelsea you're still deciding which 5 players can't fit into the room for the latest team meeting.

• Like 2

Â