coda

9 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Poch is overrated as **** imo, couldn't fix spurs mental problems won't fix chelseas

At some point their kids will come good, they've bought a future on the quiet while everyone is laughing at them

Its a huge mental thing for me, the best thing would be boehly stops and slinks away while no one is watching, everything calms down and they sort themselves out

That still hasn't happened at utd but I think that's more down to the Norwich scarf brigade

Think I have to agree with this. There’s something about Poch’s presence and hype that just isn’t backed up by his achievements. 

edit: I agree about Poch. I don’t agree that they will come good I think they have royally screwed themselves. 

Edited by Spoony

17 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Someone is going to have to explain to me why Mudryk is supposedly amazing. Bang average record in a bang average league and a bad record for a nation where he ought to have at least bagged a goal before moving to the big time and being really quite bad. I feel sorry for him as he’s young and it’s all going wrong with a lot of pressure on him, but he doesn’t lace the boots of any of our attacking options.  

Yeah, ii don't get why anyone would want him here. He's the absolute poster boy for where Chelsea are now. Massively overpriced bang average player. 

21 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Someone is going to have to explain to me why Mudryk is supposedly amazing. Bang average record in a bang average league and a bad record for a nation where he ought to have at least bagged a goal before moving to the big time and being really quite bad. I feel sorry for him as he’s young and it’s all going wrong with a lot of pressure on him, but he doesn’t lace the boots of any of our attacking options.  

He’s going to be excellent. Great pace and vision. You must have seen that through ball for Jackson that he played, completely cut us open. With the correct players around him he will come good for sure. He should have moved to Arsenal as initially planned. 

20 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Poch is overrated as **** imo, couldn't fix spurs mental problems won't fix chelseas

At some point their kids will come good, they've bought a future on the quiet while everyone is laughing at them

Its a huge mental thing for me, the best thing would be boehly stops and slinks away while no one is watching, everything calms down and they sort themselves out

That still hasn't happened at utd but I think that's more down to the Norwich scarf brigade

Thats a big statement with regards to them becoming good. I dont know if they will. It doesnt mean they will ever function well as a team

They have signed alot of average players in my opinion and othwrs that are just potential.  They might just end up as that. How may times we seen that?

Poch i dontvthink he is as a bad as a few suggest on here but not top quality either

I really did want Pochettino here after Gerrard.

I don’t think he’s bad, or that we wouldn’t have improved had he decided to take the job.

But blimey am I glad he didn’t fancy it. Was not the right fit for us.

FWIW I don’t think his reputation will take too much of a battering if (when) it comes to a bitter end, such are the basket case club that Chelsea are. 

10 minutes ago, Mr_Dogg said:

they've bought a future on the quiet? The billion pounds nobody noticed?

No, everyone saw the likes of mudryk and caicedo for daft money but they've also got chuk, sandy, angelo, deivid, gusto, ugochuwuku or whatever his name is from today, madueke, palmer, slonina, casadei, fofana, moriera... Chelsea will be alright, their problem is they've bought too many while also shipping out their older heads leaving them a mess

12 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Thats a big statement with regards to them becoming good. I dont know if they will. It doesnt mean they will ever function well as a team

They have signed alot of average players in my opinion and othwrs that are just potential.  They might just end up as that. How may times we seen that?

Poch i dontvthink he is as a bad as a few suggest on here but not top quality either

Whats the longest an established PL CL sky 6 team have spent out of the CL? Arsenal with about 5 or 6 years?

Chelsea will be back just like arsenal and utd, they have too much money not to be

3 hours ago, Tayls said:

Not sure about a star man, they are all just playing as individuals at the minute. So I wasn’t really that nervous about playing them. (And yes I’m aware I said we’d lose 5-0 in the pre-match thread but that was because I was annoyed mid week) However I’d have Enzo, Disasi, Mudryk and Madueke at Villa. 

Do you mean for free, or Villa having to pay Chelsea what they paid for them? Because near on £90m for Mudryk is insanely bad business.

3 hours ago, Tayls said:

Not sure about a star man, they are all just playing as individuals at the minute. So I wasn’t really that nervous about playing them. (And yes I’m aware I said we’d lose 5-0 in the pre-match thread but that was because I was annoyed mid week) However I’d have Enzo, Disasi, Mudryk and Madueke at Villa. 

Mudryk has done nothing so far. Bailey has been underwhelming  but at least he contributes with a goal and/or assist every 4/5 games.

Madueke is just a kid with a few prem cameos behind him. Probably someone we'd sell with a buyback clause.

Fernandez is good and I'm amazed they took him off considering Caciedo isn't someone who can create in final third. However aside from having a world cup winners medal is he really that much better than Luiz currently?

Don't know much about Disasi, he wouldn't be starting if the other CBs were fit. Silva remains their best CB. He is 39 and 2 days young....

Reece James is their best player by a long distance imo but seems one of those who's going to be riddled by injuries so can never build up enough momentum in seasons.

1 hour ago, Genie said:

Poch has don’t nothing to deserve these big jobs. 

well PSG he got after doing well at Spurs plus he was an ex player and Chelsea I dont think is that big of a job anymore

Its no coincidence the likes of United, Juventus or Real Madrid never went near him when they have been crying out for a manager

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

No, everyone saw the likes of mudryk and caicedo for daft money but they've also got chuk, sandy, angelo, deivid, gusto, ugochuwuku or whatever his name is from today, madueke, palmer, slonina, casadei, fofana, moriera... Chelsea will be alright, their problem is they've bought too many while also shipping out their older heads leaving them a mess

I'll take your word for it because I don't know most of the signings. But landing them into a dysfunctional mess of a club is not going to do much for their development.

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

The strategy was to bring the average player age down, cut the wage bill and stockpile assets that will appreciate in value. I don't think these investment banker types ever considered the psychological aspect of what happens when you buy a shed load of young players all at once, who are mostly unproven at this level, and are not necessarily suitable for how the manager wants to play. Also putting them on lower base salaries and tying a lot of their earnings to win bonuses and other performance metrics is good for the balance sheet, but probably results in a lot of demotivated players who are earning way below what they expected. 

The Chelsea hierarchy aren't building anything close to a team. It's just a bunch of individuals wondering what they've signed up for. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Not fact checked this but reading about on the shed end someone has thrown out that they've played 29 PL games in 2023 and won 5 of them

Leicester, Leeds, Luton, Palace and Bournemouth

😂

They genuinely *could* get relegated. I know they probably won't, I don't think they will, and I think at some point - probably when Nkunku is back - they'll click enough to win some games and have a kind of Palace-esque season. 

But the key point is they will have to improve at some point. I can't remember the exact statistic, but it's something like they've got 25 points in their last 28 games. That's not far off a season's worth of games and is obviously relegation form. They are very very bad. 

5 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

The money they miss out on by not getting CL is easily made up through one of their many sponsors/coffee partners. Abramovich really put them on the map commercially. Americans, Africans, Asians and kids all over Britain all started supporting them during their buying up of all the trophies. Plastic club

I read a few years back that if Man. United missed CL two years running that Adidas had penalty clauses in the deal negotiated. Now that could be the inept way Ed Woodward and his team negotiated but have to think there must be similar clauses in some of the Chelsea sponsor deals. Man. United ironically for all their issues haven't actually gone two seasons without making CL post Fergie.

I think this is a problem now with putting all their signings on 7-8 year deals. How long will they remain motivated if they're not making europe and getting knocked out early in the domestic cups as Brighton B should beat them midweek.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

They genuinely *could* get relegated. I know they probably won't, I don't think they will, and I think at some point - probably when Nkunku is back - they'll click enough to win some games and have a kind of Palace-esque season. 

But the key point is they will have to improve at some point. I can't remember the exact statistic, but it's something like they've got 25 points in their last 28 games. That's not far off a season's worth of games and is obviously relegation form. They are very very bad. 

Put it this way to have a (by their standards in last 20 years) average season of say 65 points and 5th-6th they're going to have to win 18 of last 32 games so 50 odd % win ratio. They look currently like a Gerrard team from last season and that was winning once in 10 games and completely dysfunctional back to front.

Going back 3-4 years though Arsenal had loads of average players right through their 11 and it was hard to see them getting back to top 4 but bubbling below was Saka, Martinelli and Saliba and they've all come through. Arsenal signed very smartly though with guys like Zinchenko, Jesus and Odegaard.

Edited by VillaChris

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

I think the crapness of the newly promoted teams will stop relegation from being as much of a serious worry for them as it should be.

At which point will the media begin calling out quite how batshit crazy their entire operations have been since the takeover? 

Maybe it’ll all come good eventually but it seems insane to me, dismantling a successful squad replacing them with a range of typically young, potentially good (but in reality, somewhat average at best currently) players from across the world. 

Firing and hiring managers with alarming regularity so far too, wonder how long Pochettino will last? 

4 hours ago, Mantis said:

I think the crapness of the newly promoted teams will stop relegation from being as much of a serious worry for them as it should be.

Yes I think that's right, but it's probably worth saying we're only 6 games into the season, one of them could yet spring to life (Bournemouth looked dead and buried at this stage last season for eg) and Burnley in particular have hard tough fixtures. Again, it's not that I'm *expecting* this but they should be looking over their shoulders. 

• Like 1

Â