coda

4 hours ago, MrBlack said:

Entertaining for sure. Would make for a different winner every season you'd think

A lot of the time, also the league winner normally finishes about 5 above 2nd, 10 above 3rd etc. You'd have some seasons where like 6-7 teams could still win on final day

In talks to sign Fernandez for £100m. It’s genuinely wild what they’re doing. They’ve taken spending to a new level. I know they’re giving out long contracts, and that’s fine, but surely this isn’t sustainable within the realms of FFP?

7 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

In talks to sign Fernandez for £100m. It’s genuinely wild what they’re doing. They’ve taken spending to a new level. I know they’re giving out long contracts, and that’s fine, but surely this isn’t sustainable within the realms of FFP?

They are betting that all these signings will come off . And they will be selling Havertz Pulisic etc in the summer for sure  . 

But  as we all know the prem is the hardest league in the world to excel in. Everyones numbers drop. And they are using money that was exceptional due to the champs league win 2 years ago.. no chance they are getting champions league this season. 

A calculated risk but one that could easily go south

1 minute ago, MWARLEY2 said:

They are betting that all these signings will come off . And they will be selling Havertz Pulisic etc in the summer for sure  . 

But  as we all know the prem is the hardest league in the world to excel in. Everyones numbers drop. And they are using money that was exceptional due to the champs league win 2 years ago.. no chance they are getting champions league this season. 

A calculated risk but one that could easily go south

I’m really hoping it does, but the big teams have too much power now. The Premier League is the super league in reality and I honestly don’t think the top teams really care about FFP. 

• Like 1

I get they overpay so they can pay all transfer fees over like 10 years of installments and that's how they're getting away with it but they're wage bill must be crazy with just the extra players alone. 

Also Roman subsidised them a 100 Mill a season which is gone and most likely no champions league next season. 

Can't see it being sustainable. 

Their spending is absolutely insane. They've discovered a loophole basically, I suspect the likes of Newcastle and City are watching to see how it turns out to see if it would work out for them. Definitely risky, it could be an absolute disaster if it doesn't work out or it could be a stroke of genius. 

Long contracts are all well and good to amortise the transfer fee… but they still have to pay these players for a very long time.
If they are duds then they’ll have players stinking the place out on massive wages still in 2030.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Didnt he already reject them?

Â