coda

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

Kamara had 6 appearances for marseille at this age

Well then let's see how long before Carney is the best player on the park every week for Chelsea. My guess is he won't be and he will end up at QPR or somewhere similar.

1 minute ago, GlobalVillan said:

Well then let's see how long before Carney is the best player on the park every week for Chelsea. My guess is he won't be and he will end up at QPR or somewhere similar.

I think ultimately he will probably will too, Palace would be my bet, he'll also progress through the England youth set up because he's a Chelsea reserve player

But I said before with the way the PL is and the way English tax works if he joins a bottom half PL team when he's 23 Chelsea will at the very least get their money back for him, that's what makes it low risk for them

• Like 1

Not sure if this has been posted before but I can't believe he said it and the lack of reaction from the press when he did.

"I think this club was run in a certain way for 20 years, and really well," Potter said. "I have the utmost respect for the previous ownership and what they achieved and what they did. It's fantastic. 

But, unfortunately, they're not here anymore. You've lost all that leadership. It's a new ownership, everything's changed pretty quickly. If you look what's happened in the last six to 12 months, it's an incredible amount that's happened. Sometimes that can manifest itself in different ways."

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11668/12784388/chelsea-forward-christian-pulisic-facing-months-out-with-injury-reveals-graham-potter

27 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Hes the same age as Bellingham isnt he and look what he has achieved. Theres many players that have done a lot more by the same age. He might well become a great player in time but hes a long way to go. 

Year below

And Bellingham is an anomaly, same as gavi is an anomaly

There are not many players who have done more that's a misconception

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Year below

And Bellingham is an anomaly, same as gavi is an anomaly

There are not many players who have done more that's a misconception

less than 4 months age difference but ok year below. Theres loads that had done more by the same age. Saka, Grealish, Rashford, Rooney, Gerrard, Barry just to name a few. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, PaulC said:

less than 4 months age difference but ok year below. Theres loads that had done more by the same age. Saka, Grealish, Rashford, Rooney, Gerrard, Barry just to name a few. 

Grealish was nowhere near at this age

And you've named 6 players in 20 years! And missed off fabregas

40 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Grealish only made his debut at 19 and was juat back from Notts County

Chelsea still need to get the loans right with him and that's not 100%.

I remember thinking 3 years back Ethan Amapdu was going to be an amazing player. Not quite the profile of Carney but a technically gifted midfielder who could also slot into a back 3 so loads of potential there.

Went to RB Leipzig which was a potentially great loan but was injured. Then Sheffield United came in and you'd think that would be a great fit, playing in a 3-5-2 and premier league every week but he got lost in their dismal season and since then he's just played for Serie A strugglers and now needs to move on from Chelsea.

Gilmour looked a talent aswell but Lampard got sacked, his loan to Norwich was a disaster and now he's just a bit part and forgotten player at Brighton.

Next season he'll be wanting to have 20 starts at some level as only so much you can progress with cameos and he's been part of premier league squads for nearly two years now.

• Like 1

Â