coda

He recognizes the threat from Aston Villa. He only talks down to managers whose teams are good enough to give Chelsea i kick up the a***.

Yeah he was hugging Potato Head after Hull rolled over. Probably embarrassed that with all their resources it took a dodgy ref to get them the win.

I agree with this. His comments are, at face value, classless and patronising but I'll take something else from them. He knows they were lucky words removed to get 3 points and needed the 12th man in black to get them. He also knows they could have ended up with zero points from that game very easily.

First goal? A lucky OG going their way. Second goal? Scored by someone who was possibly offside and definitely should not have been on the pitch.

For all their "different way" to us - implied "better"- they didn't exactly make a hero of Guzan. They should have spent a good chunk of the match with ten men and even with eleven needed a denied clear penalty to keep the 3 points.

Take it as a compliment, he got rattled by what happened last night. Like some expensively dressed queen bee courtesan, espying a beautiful, younger debutant at a society ball, turning the heads of admirers, and understanding the new one is her ten years ago. So the claws come out and the bitchy pronouncements are made. "Oh, she would be almost pretty if she did something with her hair. Tsk, that jewellery looks costume, where's the real diamonds? You know her father worked for a living? Imagine that?"

**** of Dowager Jose. You'll have another year or two in the limelight then you'll just be Miss Haversham whilst Villa are fulfilling Great Expectations.

• Like 3

I agree, Mata is a wonderful player but did little last night so looking like his face won't fit under Mourinho.

I've tipped Chelsea to win the league but that's probably due to the mourinho factor as teams will get at that back 4 like us and they need to sign another striker.

I just can't see why else they'd be after an attacking mid... They already have an embarrassment of riches in that area.

Ofcourse they could just be doing it to stop Spurs landing the player, but even still £30m is a bit much to spend on such an exercise.

I personally think Rooney is finished. A combination of incredible wealth and the fact he was built like a 30 year old when he was just 16 means he's probably now got the ageing body of a 38 year old. Chelsea would be mad to stick him on massive wages on a long term contract.

Great bit of business for utd if they get him off the wage bill AND bring in Mata.
  • Like 1

I personally think Rooney is finished. A combination of incredible wealth and the fact he was built like a 30 year old when he was just 16 means he's probably now got the ageing body of a 38 year old. Chelsea would be mad to stick him on massive wages on a long term contract.

Great bit of business for utd if they get him off the wage bill AND bring in Mata.

I agree, I'm baffled by this apparent pursuit of Rooney. "Finished" I think is a bit further than I'd go, though! However, he's almost 28 and has likely peaked already and is now in decline. I don't think he is in his prime, unlike other players who play in his position(s). As you indicate, his motivation to push himself to keep at peak fitness and even his body's ability to go beyond a certain point is now very questionable. It seems he's happy to eat, drink and partake of fags and even at 16 years old it was stabbingly obvious he was going to be a fat bastard one day.

Last I heard I think he was on £250k a week. Presumably, he'd want that matched or bettered. Whether Chelski can afford it is neither here nor there, really. However, why the hell would they want to pay around £1m a month for/to Rooney? Something that has been on my mind since this transfer was mooted has already been mentioned here. It's Chelsea Black Ops in action. They don't want him at all but they do know he was agitating last season so they have taken the opportunity to unsettle him and Manure.

Obviously, we'll know pretty soon but I've a hunch Rooney will still be a Manure player when the window closes. An unhappy one who isn't a fan favourite and maybe not that popular with team mates. If that's how it pans out Chelsea will have done a fair number on them.

Yes it certainly strikes me as a more poltical move than anything.

Fergie is gone. We're the big boys now.

Could not agree more. this isn't a pop at moyes who I rate highly, but I do get the sence jose smells blood. I very much doubt a bid would ever have been placed had fergie still been in charge. 

Yes it certainly strikes me as a more poltical move than anything.

Fergie is gone. We're the big boys now.

Could not agree more. this isn't a pop at moyes who I rate highly, but I do get the sence jose smells blood. I very much doubt a bid would ever have been placed had fergie still been in charge. 

Jose would have got a face full of glass next time he'd turned up with "a nice bottle of wine" after a match if he'd tried that. But yeah, I must say I'm surprised Chelsea are going in so hard for Rooney. They'd be mad to give United Mata, I think Mata is absolutely fantastic. Think how many assists he'd get with Van Persie up front!

I do have a lot of time for Mourinho though. Yeah, he's patronising and arrogant as anything, but he's great entertainment and the league is much better having him than a boring fat man like Benitez. 

The comments he made about Lambert were a bit disrespectful, but I think Lambert is old enough and big enough to be able to deal with it. It's all good experience for him.

Rooney will be finished by the time he is 32

Which is what, 3/4 yrs away? He still has a lot to offer at the very top level, he just needs a new challenge, which is why I think he will do well at Chelsea.

I think mata is a very very talented player, but honestly think mourinho doesn't rate him. Also think Moyes won't know how to get the best of him (similar to kagawa situation). Which is why I think Mourinho will use him as bait for Rooney

Edited by mikeyp102

Â