London 2012 Olympic Games

maqroll

The swimming seems a bit unfair. You have dwarves, people with no arms, and people with no legs all competing in the same race. Surely having as many categories as they do should have narrowed it down more than that.

Wow - Walsall's very own Ellie Simmonds smashes the world record by 4 or 5 seconds in the s6 400m freestyle.

Superb race with Victoria Arlen leading for most of it and also finishing comfortably inside the previous world record.

Darragh McDonald bags a second gold for Ireland.

Some brilliant performances today.

In the Paralympics, when somebody smashes the world record by a huge margin, how come there is no muttering about drugs?

Well I think it's either that they accept that the athletes have quite mixed abilities even within classifications. Couple that with it still being an emerging and fast developing sport and you do get the right environment for some records to be smashed. This will level out as the years go by. Or, they've put all the drugs on the top shelf.

Nicked off facebook because I can (so ner):

And with the end of the Paralympics ends the greatest summer of sport that I’ve ever seen (or probably will see). The age of cynicism for the sake of cynicism is at an end. We have bore witness to all that we are and all that we could be, individually and as a nation.

Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure

Getting back to normal will be tough, but after all I’ve seen, who wants to go back to where we were?

**** hell, I don't hate Coldplay like many do (I maintain their first 2 albums are good if hardly amazing/innovative/particularly worthy listens) but this is terrible. Every song they did after those 2 albums was awful and nobodies told them, and they sound terrible.

I also question the decision to turn this closing ceremony into a single band's gig at all...

Â