London 2012 Olympic Games

maqroll

To be honest I much prefer Bolt's cockiness to Hoy's modesty.

My eyes were rolling listening to Hoy and Redgrave arguing the other day about why the other should be considered the greatest British Olympian instead of themselves.

Give me a bit of brash arrogance any day!

Can't I have both?

I find Bolt entertaining, but I would find someone like Hoy more endearing.

The former for excitement value, people like the latter I'd frankly consider the real heroes though.

It's (a bit) like comparing movies - Bolt's like an "Avengers", explosive and fun to watch, but seeing him win is less cathartic.

To be honest I much prefer Bolt's cockiness to Hoy's modesty.

My eyes were rolling listening to Hoy and Redgrave arguing the other day about why the other should be considered the greatest British Olympian instead of themselves.

Give me a bit of brash arrogance any day!

Can't I have both?

You can have it any way you like mate, it's your opinion after all!

Olympic TKD is shite, isnt it? Maybe I am biased as I am constantly having my opinion clouded by a mate who has done "proper" TKD for more than twenty years but the Olympic rules are more like ballet with occasional contact than an actual combat sport.

This has almost certainly already been covered, but I just caught my first glimpse of Olympic dressage.

It's quite simply ridiculous, embarrassing & crap.

No way should it be considered a sport.

Unbelievably rubbish.

This has almost certainly already been covered, but I just caught my first glimpse of Olympic dressage.

Unbelievably rubbish.

What the hell, it's another gold.

:D

Unbelievably rubbish.

The great thing about the olympics is that there's something for everyone! I think the dressage is more for the 12 year old girl demographic.

The rhythmic gymnastics puzzles me. Boring as bat shit and more like dancing than sport, but some of the skills are incredible.

If some 16 year old lass can throw a ball in the air, do five twirly somersaults and catch it with her feet, why can't a veteran so-called professional athlete like Emile Heskey head the ball into an open goal from give yards out?

Â