Protesting News

Mendi

Aston Villa supporters will demonstrate this weekend against boss Alex McLeish.

Big Eck has not won over many fans since joining from city rivals Birmingham in the summer, and some are planning a protest ahead of Manchester City’s visit on Sunday.

A statement on the Vital Villa website said: “We have played 24 games this season, we have won six. Is this good enough? No. It’s relegation form and McLeish is not the man to lead Aston Villa.

“He was given £20m to spend and has players like Bent, Agbonlahor and Ireland. But we are 13th and need to act before it is too late.”

Randy Lerner needs to be target to ,its not been a great season really.

from the mirror

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure that was the best use of making your 100th post. :|

Congratulations anyway! :hooray:

Thank you mate,I was only pointing out that protest are planned and i have not enjoyed watching villa since this manager came in.

I get the reason for protesting.. I don't agree with the protest and anyone that takes part is a bit of a nob really, though I have one question. WHY THE **** ARE THEY CHOOSING TO DO IT AT THE MAN CITY GAME OF ALL GAMES!!?! I know it's on Sky, but the players need all the support they can get going up against a team that could very easily smash us by 8 or 9 goals.

better than sitting on our backside and accepting what we are getting

Fair enough if it works though. Blackburn fans have been protesting for months. If Lerner isnt willing to sack the guy there is nothing me, you or the 40,000 fans down Villa Park can do about it. All protesting is going to do is cause unnecessary media attention and cause more problems that don't need to be made.

Protesting will do little to nothing but it gets some frustration out. Me and a couple of my pals always end up discussing how much we hate McLeish and how he will eventually get us relegated whenever we meet up and discuss football. McLeish actually has a worse record for Villa with much better players than he did with Birmingham. The only reason we aren't in a relegation scrap is because the bottom 4-5 teams are absolute shit, but next season I really worry about our safety.

good luck to those that are protesting. HAving been involved in some against Ellis back in the day those involved need to see that they have the support of other fans to do it. It is not an action that fans take lightly and they do so to protect the best long term interests of the club

This giving someone a chance argument gets banded about a lot and all well and good when you can see obvious signs of improvement, you can see that the plan is showing signs of paying off. But sometimes when something is not right it is obviously not right and this is the case now.

So I tell you what just explain why he needs more time.

What has happened with our performances / results that show we are making progress

What has happened with team selections / tactics to show he has a grasp of modern football to take the club forward

In everything he has done so far what shows that he deserves more time?

A shocking manager who persists in playing the worst left back in the history of the club no matter how bad he plays, tacticallyy inept, falls out with our most creative midfielders because they arent defensive enough, LOVES HESKEY, and plays boring defensive minded football and we are tumbling towards the relegation zone. IM IN.

MCLEISH OUT

Â