Protesting News

Mendi

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't think of anything more pointless, pathetic or futile than these fan "protests".

They invariably end up looking embarrassing.

Well said!! Total waste of time!!!! Get on with supporting the team rather than been the minority who piss the rest of the supporters off!!

Fair play to those protesting, if they genuinely have concerns over the future of the club with the current management, its better than sitting on your arse.

Some fans will obviously criticise them, which is fair enough in some cases, but also some of those that critical are mugs that will just watch the games, no matter what and willingly except whatever rubbish is on display.

The drop in attendances and volume of moaning at games show there is clear unrest amongst a large proportion of our fans, so clearly there is support for action.

I don't really want to see protests at our club, especially at the moment with our young players coming through into the team and more than likely having to take part in a relegation battle. They will be so afraid to misplace a pass and any protests, whether outside the ground, or during the game will do their confidence no good at all.

However, i can understand why some would want to protest and it is our right to do so if we as fans feel that aggrieved at what it happening with our club at the moment on and off the pitch. I had hoped that our chairman would have acted upon the performances of the team and AM implied after the Newcastle game that the opposing players showed more effort than his own, something which he as manager should take full responsibility, for a lack of motivation shown by our players!

The present situation as i see it, is only going to get worse unless our chairman acts now before the proverbial snowball effect takes place and i would suggest the best way to deal with that is to sack AM and promote within to stabilize the club until the end of the season.

Ahh protests... at least the right noise is happening. But its been funnelled incorrectly.

As i posted weeks ago a boycott of VP is needed on one day to maximise the point to the board. Pick a game thats on tele and ask people to all go down to the surrounding pubs, and pump the £30odd into there tills and keep them afloat abit longer whilst singing with villa fans.

A protest wont work. BUT it at least shows the fans want something different to the board. Every single person who went in the summer were perfectly correct to do so and havent embarrassed us. In fact they showed the fanbase knows more than the board. Which in the main they do.

If for one day attendance was down to say 26000 (ST's wont give up there match day fix. They are like crack addicts or devote christians) and those 26000 refused to buy anything from the ground. The board would listen.

Wont happen though. As you have sheep who think "Im a REAL fan and protesters arent" and "its embarrassing BETHE12THMAN" versus people who want some change from the dire dirge we are seeing week in and week out.

To me it shows the fans know the problems but some are too much football fundamentalists to see the process of trying change as too "embarrassing" well you know whats embarrassing me? the football at villa park and the atmosphere generated from these people who go every game.

Good luck on the protest. It wont work as you'll all then pay to go in. But when the sh*t hits the fan. Remember the boycott plan. That will make a bigger impact.

When we we going to wake up and realise McLeish is going nowhere.

Also, when are people going to realise that McLeish is not fully to blame for our position. Silly mistakes by the same players are what's caused this, not bad tactics, not bad players, silly mistakes. Arsenal score in the last minute because our defenders leave Benayoun unmarked, Newcastle are given far too much space by our defenders who have forgotten where they are, QPR get gifted a fantastic header by Warnock...right there, that's 5 points since Christmas that I've just plucked off the top of my head. With those points we'd be on 33 and 2 wins away from probable safety, that's even before you go into all the other silly goals we've condeded...it's been happening all year.

Don't blame the manager, don't blame the board, blame the players who aren't concentrating on the job at hand!

You may ask why McLeish doesn't bench these players, well, look at what happens when we rely too much on our youth, we drop points due to silly goals scored from silly free kicks that were given for needless fouls by our young (inexperienced) players.

But if you do want to protest, good luck to you, it's your right to voice your opinion. Please don't make us look like Blackburn though.

I am amazed in some respects that the murmurings of discontent haven't manifested themselves earlier. Did anyone really think that McLeish was going to galvanise fans/players and start moving forward?

The appointment was always divisive which in my mind is never a good thing - when you are creating splits in your fanbase, that surely can't be good for business can it?

I don't know whether any protest will take place but I see no reason why fans if they have paid their cash cannot make their dissatisfaction known. Personally looking around VP at the empty seats is more embarrassing than seeing the odd banner. I have attended many protests over the years, put up banners at VP etc - don't know whether they made any difference ultimately but at the time they were a means of venting frustration.

The reality is that many fans are protesting in abstensia by not attending matches as many did during ellis's time. I will continue to attend matches for now, I will never boo but I might furrow my brow and say a few choice words, but the journey home from VP to Bournemouth after losses and draws is becoming increasingly depressing. I very much doubt I will renew my 4 x ST if the club continues in the same vein. AM is but a symptom of a the club being back on the downward slop - whatever RL says he is not the man who took us over now. This time I will take the easy way out and simply be apathetic and use the money to do something that doesn't make me pissed off so often. I've done the "thick and thin" support for decades but as ST sales will prove this year, thousands of fans will just give up on Villa and sadly many will never return!

McLeish won't walk and won't get fired. All that a protest would do (potentially) is make him even more cautious and negative as he sets out not to lose and thus risk the wrath of he fans. Frankly that doesn't bare thinking about.

You pay your money you can do what you like but I don't think its helpful in our current circumstances. It could get very poisonous if City hammer us.

As i posted weeks ago a boycott of VP is needed on one day to maximise the point to the board. Pick a game thats on tele and ask people to all go down to the surrounding pubs, and pump the £30odd into there tills and keep them afloat abit longer whilst singing with villa fans.

Your spot on its all about money and its the only power the fans have. I prefer to do that anyway to be honest because going to watch games is no fun at all.

It'd be a bit easier to get behind if the two accounts on Twitter where this seems to have come from didn't spend half their time swearing and being rude to people.

Waste of time. He's here until he relegates us - the club couldn't care less what the fans think despite what they may say - and it'll be written off as 'anti-birmingham city' again as opposed to looking at the real issues in play.

It'd be a bit easier to get behind if the two accounts on Twitter where this seems to have come from didn't spend half their time swearing and being rude to people.

Waste of time. He's here until he relegates us - the club couldn't care less what the fans think despite what they may say - and it'll be written off as 'anti-birmingham city' again as opposed to looking at the real issues in play.

thats the spirit

McLeish won't walk and won't get fired. All that a protest would do (potentially) is make him even more cautious and negative as he sets out not to lose and thus risk the wrath of he fans. Frankly that doesn't bare thinking about.

You pay your money you can do what you like but I don't think its helpful in our current circumstances. It could get very poisonous if City hammer us.

I really don't blame AM personally, any one of us and 100's of football managers would have ripped Lerners arm off to manage AVFC but I am quite frankly surprised that it hasn't become "poisonous" before now considering some of the results at VP. My sense is that the lid will blow off any time soon. Not because we stand any chance of being relegated but because of the realisation that we are back where we started 5 years ago - going nowhere. Rightly or wrongly we have always aspired to greater things and as with Ellis we are now having to face the reality that RL wasn't our fairy godmother after all! We are not going to the ball unless he sells to an Arab Prince Ali Charming and even then our success could be fleeting but the carriage ride would be more interesting than the current Pony & Trap.

Agreed, protesting is pointless.

6 wins in 24 games coupled with some of the most appalling football i have ever seen in over 2 decades.

I don't blame people for protesting against. mcleish and grant are both poisonous horrible men and things are never going to get any better under him. people who pay their money have the right to make their opinions. i was one of the people who protested against his appointment. i went to a few of the early season games and i have stopped going to games now. its the first time i have stopped going in 24 years and i won't go again until he has gone

Â