Who do you want to replace Capello as England manager?

TRS-T

Who do you want to succeed Capello as England manager?  

154 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to succeed Capello as England manager?

• Harry Redknapp
    • Roy Hodgson
    • Alan Pardew
    • Mick McCarthy
    • Steve Bruce
    • Neil Warnock
    • Sam Allardyce
    • Stuart Pearce
    • Alan Curbishley
    • Chris Hughton
    • Ian Holloway
    • Nigel Adkins
    • Tony Mowbray
    • Other English manager
    • A foreign manager

Also worth mentioning that theres some talk that this doesn't necessarily mean that Redknapp is out of the running. Theres a chance Woy has been approached now because West Brom don't have much to worry about now, whilst Spurs' season isn't over yet.

Me neither. He wont cost a huge transfer/compensation fee like Redknapp. He might actually take his backroom staff with him (will Redknapp? Can you see "most Scottish man in the world" Joe Jordan going to work for England?) he has experience at international level and at major tournaments and he is used to working with players who havent exactly set the world on fire.

I'm hoping that the FA are going to take the lesson learned from Capello's reign. England are not going to win anything just because we throw a huge pot of money at whatever manager is the flavour of the month. The problem lies at grass roots level. If you look at the amount of coaches we have compared to other countries the problem is obvious. There are about 3000 UEFA licensed coaches in England, that is one for every 800 registered footballers. In Spain they have 24,000 UEFA qualified coaches. One for every 17 registered players in that country. Why do they produce a seemingly endless stream of amazing players despite having a lot less registered footballers than we do? Probably because the coaching is a lot better. Go around Europe and its the same story, Germany have some 30,000 UEFA licensed coaches, one for every 150 players. Italy have a coach for every 50 players. France and Holland have one for every 100 players. We dont even have an elite academy any more do we? Nice national stadium though.

Good luck to him if he gets it.

This summer could see us and West Brom both looking for a new manager. I can see them sorting their vacancy while our search crawls along.

Whilst he's a likeable fella, it has the feeling of Mclaren about it all really doesn't it....bearing in mind Liverpool was too big for him 18 months ago...

Was it? He did alright at Inter and they are as big as Liverpool are. Dalglish has hardly done any better at Liverpool than Woy did either, and Dalglish has had about £120m to spend.

This whole saga seems intertwined with the league.

Tottenham fans angry at the disruption the England vacancy may have caused will be concerned that Chelsea are only a point behind with three to play.

The run in for Chelsea is much harder on paper, but they're looking good.

If Spurs don't make the Champagne league this year they will probably get their wings clipped by by the bigger teams.

Arsenal and Chelsea's window of weakness seems to have passed, will Levy continue to back Spurs at the level they've enjoyed if they fail to reach the CL?

Say Roy did get the job, will Spurs even want to keep Harry? The fans I know (I'm in London and know too many) mostly want rid now, his copybook well and truly blotted.

I just wish we didn't have so much riding on the next couple of games.

So Roy Hodgson for England? I didn't see that one coming, like everyone else I thought old wobbly face was a shoe in for the job.

I've little interest and next to no passion for England or international football these days but the appointment of Hodgson would go some way to restoring a little of both. I don't think Hodgson is the greatest manager around, he might not even be the best English one but he is certainly the most qualified in terms of his european experience in additional to his domestic experience.

In addition to that Hodgson is English, something I desperately want from an English manager. Not from some jingoistic desire but from the prospective of national pride. I want to see an English man in charge who wears the badge of England boss with an honour that neither Eriksson or Capello even got remotely close to in their respective periods of power. In Capello we had a man who was here for the money and not much else while in Eriksson we had a man who was more committed but who was as mercenary as any who have played in the PL as shown by his pursuit of the Chelsea post while our boss.

Above all of that though Hodgson is a decent man, a nice guy lacking in a certain charisma certainly but what he lacks in that he makes up for in decency and professionalism. He is a man from the old school, not the old school of Redknapp or Clough and the dodgy dealings that long tainted their names but the old school of the good old days before money tainted the fabric of the game.

The England team contains some of the worst people in football and the prospect of their unpleasant natures being balanced by the decency of a man like Hodgson is infinitely more appealing than the crowning of the cocky barrow boy from the Lane. The appointment of Redknapp would for me be the crowning of the king of the dump although I'd relish the prospect of his downfall within the press.

I just hope that the FA's 'interest' in Hodgson is genuine, that they already see him as the man they want. I just hope that they aren't using him as a stalking horse, as the 'other' candidate to be seen to be going through due process rather than just appointing Redknapp. Hodgson deserves better than that and for once it would be nice for the FA to be.

Good luck Roy.

So basically Spurs are where we were two years ago.

Possibly, I'm not sure of Levy's motives or the depth of his pockets. If Spurs cock it up it might get interesting.

If they cock it up at VP it'll be orgasmic.

I'm not banking on it though.

If Woy did get it I could see myself liking the England side a slight bit more, as he's a reasonably likeable chap.

Pretty much my feelings on it. If Redknapp takes the job I'll really not care about the Euros.

Â