Relegation - Merged

Amo69

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel sick.

I was convinced we would stay up until tonight. Now I'm seriously worried. The worst part of it all is that it could be up to the teams below us.

Going on current form (and the fixtures), I can only see us getting one point out of our last games. Will this be enough to keep us up? It might be, yet that depends how those below us do. Our fate could very well now be in their hands and that worries me in a big way.

Same for me.

I've been adamant all along we'd do enough to survive but this losing this game tonight was disaster. Even a draw and Bolton would've been six points behind us.

I can see Bolton beating WBA, QPR beating Stoke and Wigan beating Wolves in the run in.

We are in major trouble. :(

Highlights starting on SS2 in a moment. I think it's pointless sacking him now last time we had a caretaker in charge we lost 5-1 and it hasn't done Wolves much good either. Come season end though, regardless of our status he needs to go. It was a ridiculous, nonsensical and almost beyond believe appointment in the first place

it should never have happened. I'm convinced Randy and Co regret it now sadly it's beginning too look like it's going to end up a very expensive mistake.

36 goals in 35 games.

7 wins in 35 games (only Wolves have less)

We are utterly terrible and if anything, it would be a disgrace if we stay up.

I actually think we will beat WBA this weekend and save our skin but maybe I'm just deluded. I cannot believe we are in this position.

Well here we are! Where i feared we would be in a worst case scenario having lost at home (again) for the second time this season to the mighty & injury ravaged Bolton.

This last 2 seasons have been absolutely hell for us Villa fans barring the last few games from last season when we got a few results.

I am pretty disgusted at Randy right now, & McCleish & the players. Week in week out we have gifted soft goals from set pieces, let leads slip more than i can ever remember due largely to constantly giving away possession like a bunch of schoolkids.

We have now broken the record for our worst home record in the history of the club..that is simply disgraceful with the players we have here.

I now really do think we will go down..before i was afraid of it now i am resigned to it... We have just gifted the one team below us that we needed to beat 3 points. We have given them a huge confidence boost whilst at the same time destroying that of our young side just in time for a P taking session at the Hawthorns.. the new power house of midlands football!

We need now 3 points whereas before tonight we probably needed just 1 & even that isn't certain now.

Wigan are 2 behind with Blackburn & Wolves to play

Bolton have an easy run in & a game in hand over us & QPR who will most likely get at least 3 points at home to Stoke & most likely a result at either Chelsea or a deflated Man City being also just 2 behind us..

So where do we get our points from exactly? Now confidence will be shattered? Wba (a)? Spurs (H)? Norwich (a)? I just can't see it for me our chance has gone now.

What an absolute shambles this club is..

The thing is many of us could see this coming with the constant drain of our players & squad.. All of our creative players being sold off to all the clubs we were supposed to be rivalling?

An absolute comedy which has been embarrassing to watch.

Utterly shocking & heads must now surely roll.

I dont think we will go down. I think we will survive by default. I just cant see the other 4 teams below us all doing enough to leap frog us.

That said, there is a very real chance it could happen and if it does then Que sera sera. Randy Lerner came to this club and inherited a very poor football team. He has spent circa 150m pounds on the club and 5/6 years down the road now has a team of less ability than the one he started with. Staggering.

In Alex Mcleish, Villa have potentially the worst manager to have ever graced the division. Hideous to all 5 senses the man will take us down next season if not this one. The mans position was untenable the day he stepped foot into villa park and this hasn't changed since. Every football fan knew it was a disaster the moment the decision was announced yet Mr Lerner decided he knew best and paid Birmingham City for the privilege.

The club is a complete shambles from head to toe. If we go down, it will be no more than Lerner deserves, its just a shame the great fans of this club have to witness it. Mr Lerner/Alex Mcleish will eventually leave this club with millions of pounds in there pockets and we will be left to pick up the pieces.

AVFC is rotten down to the core.

Up the Villa.

Mcleish/Lerner Out.

I dont think we will go down. I think we will survive by default. I just cant see the other 4 teams below us all doing enough to leap frog us.

That said, there is a very real chance it could happen and if it does then Que sera sera. Randy Lerner came to this club and inherited a very poor football team. He has spent circa 150m pounds on the club and 5/6 years down the road now has a team of less ability than the one he started with. Staggering.

In Alex Mcleish, Villa have potentially the worst manager to have ever graced the division. Hideous to all 5 senses the man will take us down next season if not this one. The mans position was untenable the day he stepped foot into villa park and this hasn't changed since. Every football fan knew it was a disaster the moment the decision was announced yet Mr Lerner decided he knew best and paid Birmingham City for the privilege.

The club is a complete shambles from head to toe. If we go down, it will be no more than Lerner deserves, its just a shame the great fans of this club have to witness it. Mr Lerner/Alex Mcleish will eventually leave this club with millions of pounds in there pockets and we will be left to pick up the pieces.

AVFC is rotten down to the core.

Up the Villa.

Mcleish/Lerner Out.

Never a truer word spoken.

Get the **** out of my Club Lerner, and take the mess with you.

No doubt McC**t n Lerner think that IF we stay up on goal difference that his tactics are the work of genius. Even if its just for these games he has to go as he has no idea or history of knowing how to stop a team sliding.

OK,

I have done the BBC Predictor, predicted all of the games fairly and how I think they will go, and I have us finishing 17th on 37 points - that is us losing to WBA 0-2 and Spurs 0-1 and drawing 1-1 at Norwich on final day.

QPR also finish on 37 points but we have a +2 better goal difference. They get beaten 2-0 at Man City on final day.

Wigan and Bolton will overtake us and finish 15th and 16th respectively.

QPR have a bad run of fixtures, although I expect them to beat Stoke at home which still won't be enough as they will lose at Chelsea and Man City.

I think 1 point will be the difference. If we lose all three games then we will be relegated, there is no doubt about that.

All is forgiven Doug!

We are going down my fellow supporters. Realise it now, and it won't come as such a shock on May 13th.

I can't see us getting 1 more point this season. WBA will beat us for sure, as will Spurs. Norwich will have a good time in the sun, no pressure, and put a performance on for their fans. We've utterly lost the plot.

Randy Lerner - do the honourable thing and sell the Football Club. You are absolutely useless and have shown your true colours over the past couple of seasons. You're not a fan of Aston Villa, you're merely the owner. You kicked us all in the teeth by appointing this neanderthal and you weren't brave enough to get rid when it became even more abundantly obvious to get rid.

Together you've broke all kinds of records this season - for all the wrong reasons. Unfortunately, the worst is yet to come, the relegation of Aston Villa Football Club from the Premiership.

Thanks, Randy. Thanks for nothing.

We are going down.

1. We have the owner of the WORST NHL team in history running our football club.

2. We have the WORST manager in premiership history

3. We have the BEST manager at being relegated time and time again.

4. If we do nothing then we will watch our club burn.