Relegation - Merged

Amo69

I really hope Wigan win to put more pressure on McLeish.

What! At the expense of our clubs survival

Comments like this are a bit hard to take

Why? Do you prefer to watch shit?

No one does, but what you are suggesting is the equivalent of playing with fire when there is little hope of rescue if something goes wrong. Yes it may turn the heat up on McLeish but if nothing gets done and we go down the only ones that get hurt are ourselves and the club.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really hope Wigan win to put more pressure on McLeish.

What! At the expense of our clubs survival

Comments like this are a bit hard to take

Why? Do you prefer to watch shit?

No one does, but what you are suggesting is the equivalent of playing with fire when there is little hope of rescue if something goes wrong. Yes it may turn the heat up on McLeish but if nothing gets done and we go down the only ones that get hurt are ourselves and the club.

I won't be hurt. I would rather watch football than dross.

If and it's a big if, Wigan manage to hold on and win tonight then the yank should be straight on the blower to McC**t and ask him how, in the space of a few weeks can tiny Wigan beat Liverpool & Arsenal away and Man United at home yet we are beaten before we get on the pitch, absolutely pathetic.....

Wigan will have endured their toughest games after tonight. If they approach the rest of the run-in in the same way they will finish above us. Blackburn are looking a bit doomed, QPR have some quality players but have a very tough run of games. Bolton could overtake us but only if they beat us at Villa Park. I think it will be between us, Bolton & QPR for that third relegation spot. Win or lose tonight, Wigan have shown more in this game and in those against United, Liverpool & Chelsea than we have all season. That makes me think they will survive again.

To be fair I'd already assumed Wigan will go above us

It's QPR and Bolton who are our main rivals

Yep, that looks correct the form Wigan are in.

As long as we don't lose to Bolton and QPR don't beat Spurs we will stay up. (Blimey how depressing it is to write these sentences). :(

If and it's a big if, Wigan manage to hold on and win tonight then the yank should be straight on the blower to McC**t and ask him how, in the space of a few weeks can tiny Wigan beat Liverpool & Arsenal away and Man United at home yet we are beaten before we get on the pitch, absolutely pathetic.....

Well Randy did approach Wigan before he went after McLeish.

He isn't the finished article as a manager but amuses me last summer how some were trying to promote McLeish as some sort of upgrade on Martinez.

If we go down, financially we will implode. Were in massive debt as it is. But you deserve everything you get lerner you Dick head.

And what exactly will he 'get'. People should start realising that when all is said and done, Lerner will still walk away a millionairre and we as a club wil be ****.

If we go down, financially we will implode. Were in massive debt as it is. But you deserve everything you get lerner you Dick head.

And what exactly will he 'get'. People should start realising that when all is said and done, Lerner will still walk away a millionairre and we as a club wil be ****.

We have been going since 1874 and have been '****' several times before and come back.

Yes they have winnable games, yes so do we.

But since when did our manager attempt to win?

Since when did all of these teams suddenly turn into teams capable of winning three games out of four against some of the best sides in the PL?! Won't happen and we're safe.

Still thinking good thoughts?

I'm almost certain Wigan will now finish above us, with the fixtures they have and just generally how well they are playing and comfortable they look. This game against Bolton is just getting more and more important. It will be an incredibly tense night.

So wigan within a point of us - we have a game in hand - but so what - we can't buy a win at the moment.

I don't expect us to win on sat and the way things look right now a Mcleish draw - wouldn't be the worst result in the world. I really think there is a good chance we will freeze v bolton if as expected its a pressure cooker - if not decider match - the sort Mcleish has a habit of loosing.