Relegation - Merged

Amo69

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if we dont get something at anfield it will be even smaller.

its not a given that the gap will be smaller. blackburn have united on monday and west brom at the weekend, bolton have fulham at the weekend, wigan have chelsea and qpr have united

if we lose to liverpool we're unlikely to be any closer to the bottom 3 points wise

Anyone else resorted to watching old youtube clips from 2008 and 2009 as a reminder of when we had a good team? Some of the passing in the 08-09 season was Barcelona esque. How can it get so bad in only in 2 years.

Top away scorers in 07-08

Lets just hope we can continue Liverpools bad run next week, 3 points out of that would do us nicely, they have been awful lately. Just hope they dont end that tragic form they are in against us, we have been known to be the "nice guy" against other teams in the past in awful form. Please dont let it happen next week.

Villa are fall guys to every team or player that hasn't won, hasn't scored, hasn't had a penalty given, hasn't kept a clean sheet or whatever.

If one thing is almost certain it's that Villa are the team to play if you want to put an end to something long term and negative.

Yes Liverpool have been shit in the league since the start of the year and yes they are ripe for beating but I won't hold my breath on this happening for us whilst McLeish is in charge.

I ain't gonna argue wit you there mate, lol. I am just hoping and praying that next weekend we can break that spell of being the "fall guys".

Would love nothing more than to extend Liverppols run of crapiness and end ours. We could certainly do with it...3 points next weekend would be very welcom indeed, but like you said, I won't be holding my breath.

Would love nothing more than to extend Liverppols run of crapiness and end ours. We could certainly do with it...3 points next weekend would be very welcom indeed, but like you said, I won't be holding my breath.

if we do manage to beat them we'll be closer to them than we are to the relegation zone

Anyone else resorted to watching old youtube clips from 2008 and 2009 as a reminder of when we had a good team? Some of the passing in the 08-09 season was Barcelona esque. How can it get so bad in only in 2 years.

2 years? You do realise it's 2012?

2 years? You do realise it's 2012?

Yep I do but 2 years ago was 2010 and we came 6th with 64 points. The 2010 6th place was arguably the best of the 3 6th places. In terms of points totals it was the best.

So my point still stands that how can things get so bad in only 2 years. :D

So my point still stands that how can things get so bad in only 2 years.

Because we have quite possibly one of the worst owners in top league sports making the crucial decisions.

When you're as bad as Lerner is its easy to drop so quickly.

"Villa have the worst form of the basement battlers, the weakest goal threat and a manager who took Birmingham down last time around."

We might win Bolton, West Brom and Norwich. Maybe this is too positive.

I believe the club is in huge problem. Lerner is not doing good job. We had O'Neill we lost him, than we had Houllier ok he left for personal reason. Nothing to blame.

Then Lerner best choice is McLeast.

Maybe is best, in long run, if we will relegated. Than we have too build up, and make a decent plan.

With O'Neill we need some serious spending for 2-3 really good players. The club was not ready for serious spending.

Looking at our starting line-up the other day and it's probably the worst I've seen in the league all season from any team. I want McLeish out as much as the next person, but Weimann, Herd, Gardner, Lichaj, Baker? Fifteen-year-old Grealish on the bench? We're heading down if not this season then next unless there's some serious squad restructuring in the summer.

All for giving youngsters a chance and all that but when injuries etc mean that you're looking to James Collins for some inspiration then you know you're ****.

I had a go at the BBC predictor before and, working under the assumption that we will lose every match for the rest of the season had us finding 18th and relegated.

However just two draws for the rest of the season had us in 17th on goal difference. Wolves, Wigan and Blackburn relegated. Those clubs have a horror run home.

So I think one win or at least drawing both our home games against Stoke and Bolton should see us just safe.

The problem with the predictor thing is that who could have predicted QPR would beat Arsenal. I think we'll need more than two points to stay up, and frankly I can't see us getting them at the moment. I think we will need at least 6 points to stay up. We're missing key experienced players from vital positions like Dunne, Petrov, Bent which is the spine of our team. Gabby is not a regular goalscorer under McLeish so it is hard to see us scoring enough goals. I'm sad and angry to say it, but it looks like we're heading down this season not next.

Looking at our starting line-up the other day and it's probably the worst I've seen in the league all season from any team. I want McLeish out as much as the next person, but Weimann, Herd, Gardner, Lichaj, Baker? Fifteen-year-old Grealish on the bench? We're heading down if not this season then next unless there's some serious squad restructuring in the summer.

All for giving youngsters a chance and all that but when injuries etc mean that you're looking to James Collins for some inspiration then you know you're ****.

This is absolutely why I am shitting myself.

The fixtures look grim, the table looks grim, but Saturdays line-up. Oh my god.

FAntastic achievement by the club to be able to produce 8 academy players worthy of a place (and lets be fair - all of who played, have played before and at times done a job), but I cant think of many games that line-up, especially the midfield, would win - especially not the next 4.

To the bookies.............

This is absolutely why I am shitting myself.

The fixtures look grim, the table looks grim, but Saturdays line-up. Oh my god.

FAntastic achievement by the club to be able to produce 8 academy players worthy of a place (and lets be fair - all of who played, have played before and at times done a job), but I cant think of many games that line-up, especially the midfield, would win - especially not the next 4.

To the bookies.............

And the teams below us are starting to pick up points

If we're able to extend Liverpool's terrible run and get 3 points, I think we'll be safe. Scraping a point or 2 agaisnt Norwich, Sunderland and WBA shouldn't be a problem even for our side. It's what happens if we don't get anything out of the game at Anfield that worries me (which is extremely likely sadly).

I think wel get murdered at Anfield.

Then I think Stoke will eat that team alive.

Then who have we got? Man Utd? At Old Trafford? - Oh dear.

Absolutely disgusted with the position we are in. I expected a top 8 or 9 finish and was still confident only a couple of months ago.

If we're able to extend Liverpool's terrible run and get 3 points, I think we'll be safe. Scraping a point or 2 agaisnt Norwich, Sunderland and WBA shouldn't be a problem even for our side. It's what happens if we don't get anything out of the game at Anfield that worries me (which is extremely likely sadly).

Disagree. The stoke game is more important. It's a must win. At anfield if we snatch a point it's a positive. Don't think we will. Hopefully Carlos is back for the game. We need 4-6 points. We should be able to grid it out. Yes teams below are better however for them to win 4 more games each is gonna be a task for them, this is in the context that all of a sudden try are all top sides.